collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Treatment for TRASHION ALLEY  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
My Treatment for TRASHION ALLEY
« on: September 22, 2022, 08:25:03 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This unproduced line by Hasbro is by far one of my foremost special interests (because RATS + FASHION DOLLS!!), I'm even the person who initially found the trademark...!
Also as someone who is a lifelong ‘bowerbird’, collecting found objects for crafting purposes (or just because they’re shiny/cool-looking) it also resonates with me a lot - basically what I’m saying is this line was potentially going to be many things I love distilled into one of my favourite mediums 😅💕

When these dolls were first discovered, I immediately started drawing my take on them but then kind of...
Yeah I wasn’t doing too well for quite a while to be honest.
However, the recent videos by Izzzyzzz and darlingdollzofficial bringing more attention to the line finally gave me the motivation to finish my treatment of the series! 💕

The logo, names, accessories, etc and essentially everything aside from the bodies, main outfits, shoes and line name are original to me - and I specified the body as the heads for these guys were never seen, likely due to being in an earlier stage of production haha. The bodies and the line name trademark is all that exists so far of the original treatment, but I hope in the meantime you can enjoy my take on them! 🥰

The actual bodies, for reference ->
Spoiler

Our main muroidea (scientific name for the rodent family) first, introducing Brie!

Given her slightly more complicated outfit + her ‘future of fashion’ belt I felt that she may have intended to be the main character, and ran with that!
Her acessory is a little playing card sketchbook containing all of her designs, her hair tie is both a hair tie and her main sewing tool and I gave her nail-head earrings to continue the metal theme from her shoe heels.
As she’s an albino rat, she also likely needs glasses, and I was tempted to draw her some literal coke-bottle lens glasses but I felt they cluttered up the design a bit so let’s just say she only wears them when reading? 😅

Introducing our country girl, Ella!

She was the last to be named as I couldn’t quite find something that fit, wanted them all to be named after cheeses, and surprisingly the overlap between ‘cheese varieties’ and ‘suitable names’ is not a large one 😅
The sort of ‘softer’ elements of her outfit made me decide on making her a country girl, specifically she’s meant to be a field mouse! She has a huge family and wanted to come to the city and strike out on her own haha.
She’s soft-spoken but determined about her creations (which are mainly plant and natural material-based fashion, although she also enjoys designing terrariums 💕

Our resident oddball, Fondue!

Wasn’t sure about her name at first but then she kind of evolved into a more ‘out there’ character who would definitely love ‘Fondue’ as a name haha.
She’s a hairless rat, and although not specifically stated, she is wearing a wig, and tends to change them often (it’s why she’s the only one with gradient hair) to match her outfits. She also has some of my favourite character art I’ve ever drawn up to this point, I love how expressive her pose is!
Her being the eccentric one influenced my decision to give her the soy sauce fish purse haha, although to be honest I also kind of want one for myself 😅 It was also chosen as her main outfit is more plain compared to her ‘stand out’ shoes (which are those generic strawberry lolly wrappers that every elderly person seems to have lol) and I thought it fit for her to also have a ‘statement’ purse.

Can’t have a ‘fashion’ line without your obligatory French character haha, meet Cremé!

She’s the only one whose proto I actually own, and such the only one whose hair colour isn’t entirely a fabrication on my part - mine came with curly purple nylon tangled in her joints, which makes me almost certain heads *were* tested on them at one point.. As such, I gave Cremé that hair in my take too!
Style-wise she’s definitely the girliest, and her artwork is another one I’m extremely proud of (I can’t belive I made a ‘looking from the back’ pose look good!) 💕
She has a little bottle cap pillbox hat, pull tab earrings, a bread clip bag and polished teaspoon mirror! She’s also the only one with sparkly eyeshadow because, well, she’s the glamour girl haha.

Aand finally, here’s a playset, the Squeak Heart Café! It’s where all the girls first met (and continue to meet) to go over designs and stuff together 💕

Like I said, I’ve collected these kind of bits and bobs for my entire life, so this was VERY fun to design!
Stuff like this (playsets/scenery) isn’t my strong suite but after being super inspired looking at https://www.instagram.com/stefdesignstoys/'s amazing renderings, I knew I had to at least have a go!
And yes that is a repurposed smartwatch being used as a digital ordering screen 👀💕

I hope you all enjoy my treatment for this cancelled line, I certainly had a lot of fun working on it! I have several more ideas, which I may draw up if I feel inspired enough (or enough people ask haha) so potentially stay tuned for more! :heart:
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: My Treatment for TRASHION ALLEY
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 09:32:14 PM »
ok those are adorable
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 07:38:38 AM »
aaaaaAAAA these are all so CUTE!! Trashion Alley being cancelled just breaks my heart, the bodies are adorable and I'm always here for more anthro dolls! I'd kill to see their heads or anything else they may have drawn up for the line... but I wonder if they'd be as cute as your art is! LOVE your concepts, I think Fondue is my favourite :lovey: The playset idea is too cute too! Would love to see more :)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 02:34:25 PM »
I adore it!! Izzzyzzz did a video about cancelled dolls and these were one of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0VkCDsMLDI

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 03:55:37 PM »
These are so incredible!! You managed to get so creative with what little is known about these gals, and really make them your own. The fact you went above and beyond by giving them personalities, backstories, and even designing a little playset for them is amazing! I'm not one for fashion dolls, but I could totally see myself buying a Fondue. :happy:
 Would it be okay if perhaps somebody else wanted to draw your designs?

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 11:37:09 PM »
ok those are adorable

Thankyou! :heart:

aaaaaAAAA these are all so CUTE!! Trashion Alley being cancelled just breaks my heart, the bodies are adorable and I'm always here for more anthro dolls! I'd kill to see their heads or anything else they may have drawn up for the line... but I wonder if they'd be as cute as your art is! LOVE your concepts, I think Fondue is my favourite :lovey: The playset idea is too cute too! Would love to see more :)

THANKYOU! I'm in much the same boat, I so WISH they would have released them! As there were only 5-10 of each body, I'm inclined to believe the heads may have been in an even earlier state, likely 3D prints or clay sculptures, which is why we haven't seen any - they're easier to destroy, or their designer kept them as they're OOAK pieces of their work haha.
Aww haha that truly means a lot to me, thankyou! She's tied for my favourite too haha, and I'm so happy you like the playset too!

I adore it!! Izzzyzzz did a video about cancelled dolls and these were one of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0VkCDsMLDI

Thankyou! That was one of the things that motivated me to finish this art haha, it had been sitting in an unfinished state since the start of last year..! :P

These are so incredible!! You managed to get so creative with what little is known about these gals, and really make them your own. The fact you went above and beyond by giving them personalities, backstories, and even designing a little playset for them is amazing! I'm not one for fashion dolls, but I could totally see myself buying a Fondue. :happy:
 Would it be okay if perhaps somebody else wanted to draw your designs?

Aww thankyou so much! :heart: I truly appreciate it! I aspire to be a toy designer some day, so I really wanted to go all out for this project!
I'm so glad you like them even if you aren't normally into fashion dolls! Fondue seems to be most peoples' favourite haha, which makes sense, hairless rats are adorable!
ABSOLUTELY! I LOVE seeing fanart and it makes me so happy someone would want to draw my designs! :heart:

Offline Apple Spice

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 10:18:00 PM »
Love your designs and backgrounds. On instagram someone did find one of their heads not too long ago. I’ll leave the link to their insta: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkI-H__Sh_b/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
I have a phobia of mice & rats so I think they’re cool but not for me. lol

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 06:39:11 AM »
Love your designs and backgrounds. On instagram someone did find one of their heads not too long ago. I’ll leave the link to their insta: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkI-H__Sh_b/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
I have a phobia of mice & rats so I think they’re cool but not for me. lol

Aww thankyou! YES I saw that, I was so excited! I messaged them about it to ask if there had been any more of them, but apparently just the one. By the looks of the tag, she was originally in the Hasbro archives before being tossed (?)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 07:37:42 AM »
Hey Crystal, did you see that the creator of these popped up on Twitter? :)

https://twitter.com/JeanettesFavs/status/1585754054357291008

I hope more heads pop up eventually. Vermina's head is SO CUTE, god, it kills me that these never made it!

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 12:37:55 PM »
I LOVEEEE your designs for these!! I was so excited for them to come out, but they never did, along with another animal line I had been waiting for called Wild Childz? That was such an interesting time for doll prototypes.

I was soo in love with the idea of Trashion Alley's fashion though, all their little bits and bobs are amazing! I am soo in love with those strawberry candy wrapper shoes. XD

I hope so badly they may see the light of day again someday, but seems Hasbro's not interested. :(

Nevertheless I appreciate you sharing your amazing drawings of them!

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 03:37:50 PM »
I LOVEEEE your designs for these!! I was so excited for them to come out, but they never did, along with another animal line I had been waiting for called Wild Childz? That was such an interesting time for doll prototypes.

They're actually still trying to get Wild Childz off the ground, they were posting proto pix on their Instagram recently. No idea if they'll ever actually make it into full production, though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal