collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do Magic Erasers look like and where can I buy them?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
What do Magic Erasers look like and where can I buy them?
« on: March 28, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »
Hi everypony.

I have heard several times that Magic Erasers are great for cleaning up ponies, but I don't know what they are/ look like and where I can buy them.

I don't even know if they sell them in Europe.

I do travel backwards and forwards to the US so I maybe able to buy some next time I am over.

Would someone be able to help me by posting an image of what they look like, let me know who stocks them or post a link if there is someplace I can buy them on line.

Thanks soooo much

BBP

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: What do Magic Erasers look like and where can I buy them?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 01:34:35 PM »
Like this. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I don't know about the US (people can get stuff like this cheap with couponing) here the cheapest place seems to be Costco. and getting more in one container is really helpful, instead of two you get 8 I think. (but Wallmart, grocery stores carry them. I'm sure Target would as well.)

Others opinions may differ, but I find the original to be the best. they have a version that's supposed to last longer, but I find it doesn't work nearly as well. (sponge is wavy and rippled, instead of one shown.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:38:21 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »
We can get them anywhere here in the US where i am.  Walmart, target, kroger, etc.  If you want I can buy some and ship to you if you don't mind paying the fee.  They are very light so I can't imagine it would be too much.  I would say get regular though I've heard of extra strength harming the plastic on some G3s.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 02:17:59 PM »
I bought the original Magic Erasers from Target yesterday in a 4-pack for about a dollar each, I guess. It worked really well in removing these weird dark smudges on my Twilight Sparkles' eyes. xD I scrubbed pretty damn hard directly on her eye and it didn't remove any paint (only the dirt smudges).

I have seen them at every grocery store in the cleaning aisle.

I bought the original Magic Erasers from Target yesterday in a 4-pack for about a dollar each, I guess. It worked really well in removing these weird dark smudges on my Twilight Sparkles' eyes. xD I scrubbed pretty damn hard directly on her eye and it didn't remove any paint (only the dirt smudges).

I have seen them at every grocery store in the cleaning aisle. Er, in the US. ;) They are incredibly light (basically a sponge) though so if you wanted to get them imported from a member they shouldn't cost much in shipping.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »
Just don't use them on unicorn/pegasus glitter symbols. It'll rub right off.  >: P

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »
I found them here in Iceland, so they definitely exist in Europe, although, they are not of Mr Clean brand.

I got them at the local supermarket, in the cleaning utensils department. They seem to be made by some local company (the package is in icelandic completely) and it took me a while to figure out they are indeed magic erasers.

The sponges themselves (and they are of spongy material) look exactly like the one FantasticFirefly posted, they are white, light, and cut with straight edges, so look for that, rather than the packaging, which may vary ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »
Just don't use them on unicorn/pegasus glitter symbols. It'll rub right off.  >: P

Do they work on removing G3/G4 glitter off of cutie marks (the cutie marks that are painted with glitter sprayed over it)? xD

Offline Destiny

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »
You already got the picture so I can only help by telling you that I don't think they're sold in Denmark. At least I have never come across them and the ones I have I got in a swap. I hope you can get your hands on some 'cause they're quite good.
Apple sauce!!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
Ok, to make it a bit clearer, Magic Eraser is a specific product's name and as such, you might not be able to find exactly that. however, that's like saying there are no cereals because you can't find Keloggs's ^^ what you are looking for is Melamine foam sponges that can be produced by other companies, look exactly like magic eraser and, not that i could compare, but they get the job done (I was super satisfied by the ones i found here).

TBH, I really can't believe Iceland would have something Denmark wouldn't :P so I think it´s all a matter of knowing what you´re looking for ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 02:38:38 PM »
Do they work on removing G3/G4 glitter off of cutie marks (the cutie marks that are painted with glitter sprayed over it)? xD

No, LOL  At least not the G3 glitter.  It's even tough to get off with acetone.  I ended up scraping mine off with m pocketknife.  XD  If the G4 is anything liek it, I'd say no to that too.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 03:11:08 PM »
Hi peeps.

Thank you so much for your help! No wonder I couldn't find them, I thought they were like magic markers or something the ones that change colours of felt tip pen ink! Doh! I've been looking In completely the wrong places!

Also thank you for the offers to buy some and ship them over for me. I'm actually over in the US in two weeks time so I will be able to do a Target run myself, so no worries! Then I am straight back home to Wrap-up Winter with a super efficient pony spring clean!

Thanks
BBP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal