collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Howdy, Pony Friends!  (Read 811 times)

Offline sweetstuff85

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Howdy, Pony Friends!
« on: February 27, 2020, 12:16:31 AM »
Howdy!

This is my first post. Woohoo!

Just getting back into the MLP world because of my new little niece, who is just turning 3 in a month. I bought her one to start and now I'm a crazy collector again. I just don't keep them for myself, I give them to her. It's really fun to be able to share my love of ponies with her.

I gave her her first pony last Easter, she found Peachy and her Pretty Parlour (35th Anniversary Edition) at the end of her Easter-Egg hunt. She went nuts for her. I was so very pleased.

I then slowly gave her Firefly, Medley, Twilight, Glory, Moondancer, Snuzzle, Applejack and Bowtie... (all 35th Anniversary editions). Then I showed her Rescue and Midnight Castle and Escape from Catrina.... She loved RAMC, mostly because she had all the ponies in the movie. Again, much to my delight. Sidenote: Firefly and Peachy are her two favourites.

I then gave her Sundance and Fizzy. (Bought from Ebay --- I'm really surprised Basic Fun has not included Sundance somewhere in their lineup as of yet. They should have made Sundance instead of Tootsie in Wave 4, IMO.)

After that, I showed her the MLP: Movie (1986 version) and she LOVED that movie even more. I think we've watched it like 5 or 6 times and it hasn't been a year since I've shown it to her.

Somewhere in there I bought her the basic fun rainbow pony five pack and the 2006 MLP G3 castle that I found on Facebook Market for cheap.... and I've given her a few other G3's as well. I might be over doin' it a little... but I can't stop.

Today, I literally won a Dream Castle, Baby Bonnet School of Dance and The Lullaby Nursey playlets on Ebay in a lot... I so surprised I won all three of them for $116 dollars plus shipping costs (which was bonkers). But, I'm so happy that I get to surprise her on her birthday next month.

As for myself, I grew up loving the original MLP, I was born in 85, hence my name, and love the TV show and original movie. My favourite pointes growing up were definitely TE Sweetstuff and TE Tic Tac Toe... I had probably 100 MLP's as a kid. I was certainly obsessed.

I stopped playing with them when I was about 11... but had a nostalgia bout in 2001 or so, when I realized you could buy my little pony's on Ebay. I bought all the ponies I wanted that I never had, the ones on all those fliers that came with them in the 80's. I basically bought all the ponies that were in the TV shows/specials that I needed to complete my childhood collection, that I still owned at the time. I also bought a few playlets that I always wanted (Dream Castle).

In 2003 I found out they were making MLP again and I did buy all of the new ponies/playsets that came out the first two years. During the start of the third year, my dad had huge stroke and I had to down size as we needed to move, so I gave all of the G3's I had bought away to Woman and Children's shelter, where I knew they would find good homes.

I kept all my childhood ponies during that move including the ones I bought on Ebay, but in 2006, I was planning on a trip around the world with my sister and realized I had a huge collection of ponies that were worth lots of money, so I sold them all in one big lot on Ebay, and I got about 800 dollars for them. (Should have sold them individually) I sort of regret getting rid of ALL of them, especially the ones fro my childhood, but I have great memories from my trip and they gave me extra spending (drinking) money... but I wish I kept Sweetstuff and Tic Tac Toe.

Anyways, I'm back again thanks to my wonderful niece! Loving ponys all over again for a third time!

Nice to meet you all! :)

Online Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Howdy, Pony Friends!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 01:41:31 AM »
Welcome to the Arena!

I love MLP because it's one of those things you can always come back to. Your story sounds familiar, so many of our members have rediscovered their love for ponies through their kids and younger relatives.  ^.^

Enjoy the forums :happy:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 09:18:15 AM »
Welcome Very Sweet Of You To Donate Your MLPs When Downsizing.
*Frolicking Away*

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 10:25:30 PM »
Hi and Welcome to the Arena!
Have fun with us nutters here! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:54:02 AM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)