collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hallo! I'm EvilRZK!  (Read 823 times)

EvilRZK

• Trade Count: (0)
Hallo! I'm EvilRZK!
« on: June 16, 2016, 05:16:02 AM »
Personal:  Volunteer Firefighter and Full time Rent a Fuzz.  (I do have a fun history with Security Details, but that's for another time)

How old are you?  Old.  >.>  Well okay 34.  Old.   *sigh*  Old.

Where do you live? State, Country?  -  Idaho - land of Trees, Mountains, and Rivers... NOT POTATOES.  Those are south of me.  Very south.  Maybe I can count where I live as Southern Canada, since I've been told I have a slight accent.

Who are the important people in your life? - My fiance (of course), and the folks I do music promotion for.

How long have you been collecting? - Not really so much of a collector.

Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4? - G4

What made you want to collect ponies? - I blame Joe Letz.  I got a couple of his Unicorns from his Tour Packages, then friends started giving me MLP plushies.  Once I got the mane six, it went to the smaller little plastic ponies... then my fiance started bringing them home for me.  :D  I'm doomed.   

I actually found this forum when I was browsing techniques for custom pony makers.  I'm in the process of making a custom out of a G4 Rarity, turning it into a LIFAD era Richard Kruspe from Rammstein for a friend of mine.  I'll share photos once he's finished. I got to learn just how evil and non user friendly that Sculpy is. :(  So soft and sticky!  Almost impossible to do custom spikes for my first time project.  It's been quite the process since my hands don't always like to hold still.  Lesson to be learned folks, don't mess up your wrists and hands when you're young!! 

I also do quite a bit of custom Pony art for friends.  I haven't done commissions since 2011, so it's really just purely hobby at this point.  Maybe I'll get back into it down the road. 

Anyway... Hi! :) 

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:21:30 AM by EvilRZK »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Hallo! I'm EvilRZK!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 08:46:25 AM »
Hello, EvilRZK! Welcome to the Arena!

I think the popular sculpting clay for customs around here is a brand called Apoxie Sculpt? Maybe give that a shot, I'm not much for sculpting myself. We'd love to see your customs or pony art sometime. Just be sure to post it in the correct forums! Enjoy the forums!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :newpony:

Once you get given a few... it's all downhill (or up a pony hill) from there!!!  They just seem to multiply overnight and you have noooooo idea how it happens :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 07:35:49 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

lostpony

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:14:13 AM »
Hi and welcome to the arena!

Is that 34 in pony years?  That's not old...yet.

You are in the right place!  A lot of people use sculpt materials here and have advice to offer about how to deal with stickyness and other things...check out the Arts & Crafts Corral and feel free to ask questions if you don't see what you need.

I know how it happened to me:  I got addicted!  Yes, unicorns can be a slippery slope...there's no escape, I'm afraid... 

We'd all love to see pics of your work !  Don't be shy, we love pics...

I'm so glad you've joined us!  I hope you have a great time here.

EvilRZK

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »
Hi everypony and thank you for the welcome!  <3   I finally got my first custom shared in the custom forum. 

Bekuno - I will keep an eye out for that clay.  I think I'll just give the sculpy to my fiance since he loves messing with it.

Spinky - haha yes!  My collection has slowed down now, but with Rammstein touring I'm sure I'll end up with another unicorn or 10.  (I blame Joe Letz still...)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal