collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Variant Found - French Seadancer- Confirmed with factory weave!  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
HI everyone,

I found a new variant of french skydancer. So I am going to call her Seadancer due to the fact that she has French Seashell's  colored hair as her predominant color.

I came across this beauty on french ebay.. The auction ended in the middle of the night here and I set up 2 alarms to make sure I got up in time to make a last minute bid.. Well.. I won her! I do not think many people saw the auction as she was not advertised well.

Here's the auction link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MON-PETIT-PONEY-MY-LITTLE-PONY-VINTAGE-83-HASBRO-PAT-PEND-MADE-IN-FRANCE-/190854004521?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=e9dqjJ8I7XLmX8nz8F%252BvIrcP1uQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The story doesn't end there.. So I contacted the seller and she was so kind and said she would ship to the US for me. She also told me that someone else offered to pay a lot more for Seadancer after the auction ended and wanted her to cancel the sale to me. Can you believe that? I mean who would do this? Anyway she told me not to worry that she fully intended to sell to me as I was the winner of the auction. She also told me that the pony was one of her kids toys when they were growing up. Her kids are currently 22 and 30 years old now...

So onto the pony.
She came in yesterday. She is gorgeous.. I know there are two other versions of french skydancer.. One with pale yellow body rainbow hair with pink stripe, and one with a darker yellow body rainbow hair with coral stripe. This girl has a pale yellow body.. Seashell's green hair for her mane and an accent stripe of pink.. The colors in her tail are blue green and pink. She is stamped Made in france 1983. She has a squishy body like my french gloryshine but is a good half inch taller than her.

I just think its so neat that even all these years later we are still discovering new finds.. Who knows what else is out there.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:20:54 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: New Variant Found - French Seadancer
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 11:41:06 AM »
Amazing. Can't believe some cheeky idiot who offered more and expected her to seriously sell to them. Plain rude. They missed it, tough luck.
Well done on this beauty!

Offline ponindepedenza!

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »
Very strange, because when I emailed the seller to know more about it (because she had in an other auction a seashell which had some whool added in the tail, so i was really wondering if it was a rehaired or not) she answered she found it in a lot in a garage sale and bought it to a little girl, and that to her opinion the girl would not have done this... Why saying this and after that saying it is a childhood pony ?
Did you try to remove her head to see how it is inside ?
I hope it is the real deal, it's so exciting !

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:03:36 PM »
The whole conversation was in french so I may have translated it wrong.

I will go copy and paste the convo so an expert can sort it... I translated through one of those translation programs.
Can we have a French speaking member give us the real translation?

Here it is.

Dear pegasusunicorn,

bonsoir
le poney vient du stock de jouets de mes enfants (30 et 22 ans)
j'espere que vous le recevrez vite
cordialement

- michapin
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:28:50 PM by Ember1 »
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 12:27:51 PM »
sounds right translated for me.. (had 2 yrs school french) :) did you remove her head?
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »
I was chatting to maycrestmom about removing the head last night. I have been trying and trying to get it off since I got her. It is factory sealed on and I do not want to damage her pulling it off..There is no reglue residue on the part of the neck I have
been able to get open.. But I am really concerned about tearing the pony. From what I can see its definitely factory sealed on there just like glory shine.. Any tips or advice?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:47:57 PM by Ember1 »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »
wow she is amazing congratulations! what is it with these odd French rainbow ponies? I am wondering if they got a number of re-releases.

since the French ponies are soft there is always a chance you will rip the neck seal, you need to very carefully cut through the glue with a sharp knife.

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 12:55:34 PM »
squishy ponies are weaker than regular ones so i totally understand your fear of damaging the pony. from the pics the hair looks like original pony hair. its weird that there are colors in the tail but not in the mane like yellow (or is it just a reflection in the pic which makes it look yellow?)

and btw: your gloryshine is gorgeous!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:59:26 PM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »
It might be reflection but she doesn't have any yellow in her tail.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:48:53 PM by Ember1 »

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »
wow she is gorgeous!

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »
She's stunning! Congrats!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »
The whole conversation was in french so I may have translated it wrong.

I will go copy and paste the convo so an expert can sort it... I translated through one of those translation programs.
Can we have a French speaking member give us the real translation?

Here it is.

Dear pegasusunicorn,

bonsoir
le poney vient du stock de jouets de mes enfants (30 et 22 ans)
j'espere que vous le recevrez vite
cordialement

-michapin

here is a word for word  translation for you :)

Good evening
The pony comes from the stock of toys for my children (30 and 22 years old)
I hope that you will receive (it) soon
Cordially
-michapin

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 02:56:44 PM »
O MY GOD.. that was the most nerve racking experience EVER
I was able to get half of her neck seal open and  the rubber is soft enough where I was able to bend in and see inside..
ITS FACTORY WEAVED!!!!!

Thank god.. I thought I would ruin her.. her head is soooo sealed on that if i remove the whole head I think I will rip her.. I can
show to maycrestmom next time we do our meetup so she can confirm.. But she does have a weave!

Offline pinkroze

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 03:09:36 PM »
Congrats Ember! She's beautiful!!! Also if you want to pull off the head use a box cutter and slice through little by little and very slowly. It works well even with Spanish piggy ponies which I think are the most squishiest ponies.

Very interesting that quite a number of these variants (like the greek CP) are popping up a lot on eBay lately!

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »
Thanks Pinkroze.. I really appreciate the tip.. Since I got half of her head off and was able to see inside I do not think I want to break the seal on the non display side..
But anyone else like maycrestmom who inspects her in person will also be able to see the weave as well so I think its a good comprimise having broke the seal on one side but to leave
the other in tact.. I also don't want any nasty  quarter inch gaps in between the mane and body.

Here is another view of her so you can better see the colors in her mane and tail
She has two rows of green in her mane and an additional row for the pink streak.

AND here is her display side neck seam after I opened it to peer inside.. Should I reglue it down after maycrestmom has looked inside for confirmation?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:03:09 PM by Ember1 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal