collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 30440 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 09, 2018, 04:54:49 PM »
I might end up getting both the Target and Walmart versions, apparently the water bottle is a nice metal one, so that sounds pretty nice! Perhaps I'll get the Target one after I get this week's paycheck and then the Walmart one in a week or two.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 09, 2018, 05:18:50 PM »
I heard from someone online that Hasbro was disappointed with the theater ticket sales of the movie (although the person who posted that didn't back it up with any source), so hey, anyone who picks up more than one copy of the dvd will be encouraging the idea of future MLP movies, I'm sure. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2018, 06:07:57 PM »
I got my copy today. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2018, 07:05:40 PM »
Has anyone redeemed the free digital download with the BlueRay? I'm trying to figure out if I should do iTunes or UltraViolet--can we do both? Can you download the UV version, or do you have to stream online? Looks like you should be able to download those . . .

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2018, 09:27:39 PM »
I don't know how it is in every area, but around here anyway it seems as though no one is stocking the Blu-ray at all besides Target and Walmart. I went to Best Buy and f.y.e. to find DVDs only. I had to go to Walmart anyway and ended up finding the set with the water bottle there.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2018, 03:41:22 AM »
I heard from someone online that Hasbro was disappointed with the theater ticket sales of the movie (although the person who posted that didn't back it up with any source), so hey, anyone who picks up more than one copy of the dvd will be encouraging the idea of future MLP movies, I'm sure. :)

Huh, as far as I know the movie made its money back and then some.
But nowadays a movie is considered a flop if it doesn't meet Marvel superhero blockbuster standards, so eh :lol:

Spoiler
We know they have a second movie planned already via the DHX leaks

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2018, 11:18:35 AM »
Has anyone redeemed the free digital download with the BlueRay? I'm trying to figure out if I should do iTunes or UltraViolet--can we do both? Can you download the UV version, or do you have to stream online? Looks like you should be able to download those . . .

I redeemed mine just a bit ago. It gave me the option of iTunes, or using either Vudu or FandangoNow. I dont have an account with any of these servies, so I randomly picked Vudu. Had to create an account, and its primarily for streaming. BUT if you also download the VuduToGo app you can play the movie (or anything in your Vudu account) offline, so it works as a download. You still have to go through their app instead of just having the file, but it works.  :hmm:
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2018, 05:30:18 PM »

Huh, as far as I know the movie made its money back and then some.
But nowadays a movie is considered a flop if it doesn't meet Marvel superhero blockbuster standards, so eh :lol:

I know right!? The movie industry is so wonky these days.

I was hoping it would have done amazing, to encourage Hollywood to truly believe traditional animation can do well in theaters again. :P

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »
Well, darn, there's a water bottle? If it's a neat one I may get that one as well.
I picked up the Target exclusive and redeemed the digital code on Vudu. I'm unfamiliar with the app and would have preferred a straight video file, but it'll do!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2018, 06:36:15 PM »
I'll check out the water bottle at Wal-Mart tomorrow. I hope my local Wal-Mart has it.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »
Here's a pic of the Walmart Blu ray/DVD combo pack and water bottle set.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2018, 07:59:41 PM »
Here's a pic of the Walmart Blu ray/DVD combo pack and water bottle set.

Ponyfan
Oh cool, thanks Ponyfan! Now I definitely want one.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2018, 07:59:55 PM »
Late to the party, but I ended up seeing the movie in theatres back in October. I wasn't intending to, but my friend said she wanted to see it so I tagged along. I'm not that interested in the newer seasons, but I thought the movie was pretty fun. I really liked the new characters a lot, I can't decide if I like Capper, the pirates, or Skystar/Novo more, they all were likeable in my opinion. Also, Really loved the animation style.

My one nitpick... (in spoiler just in case people were waiting for the DVD/bluray release)

Spoiler
Was when Twilight called Pinkie a useless friend (or something to that effect). It just felt really out of place to me. I mean, there was build up with how Twi was on guard and anti new friends throughout the whole adventure, while the rest of the party were being their usual 'everybody is a friend' selves (so why didn't they grow horns/wings yet??? They are better at friendship than the Princess of Friendship after all). Even still, blowing up on Pinkie the way she did just seemed out of character.

Also on that note, I kind of wish they let Applejack and/or Fluttershy have that argument with Twilight instead of Pinkie so they had purpose in the movie instead of being background characters.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2018, 12:01:52 AM »
Late to the party, but I ended up seeing the movie in theatres back in October. I wasn't intending to, but my friend said she wanted to see it so I tagged along. I'm not that interested in the newer seasons, but I thought the movie was pretty fun. I really liked the new characters a lot, I can't decide if I like Capper, the pirates, or Skystar/Novo more, they all were likeable in my opinion. Also, Really loved the animation style.

My one nitpick... (in spoiler just in case people were waiting for the DVD/bluray release)

Spoiler
Was when Twilight called Pinkie a useless friend (or something to that effect). It just felt really out of place to me. I mean, there was build up with how Twi was on guard and anti new friends throughout the whole adventure, while the rest of the party were being their usual 'everybody is a friend' selves (so why didn't they grow horns/wings yet??? They are better at friendship than the Princess of Friendship after all). Even still, blowing up on Pinkie the way she did just seemed out of character.

Also on that note, I kind of wish they let Applejack and/or Fluttershy have that argument with Twilight instead of Pinkie so they had purpose in the movie instead of being background characters.
in answer to your nitpick,  I think this lovely video might answer why the rest of the main 6 aren't aliccorns, and what really is required to even be an ascended alicorn.
https://youtu.be/HmzriQWWoDk
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2018, 12:47:31 PM »
I agree, Twilight and Pinkie were majorly out of character there. It's a standard movie trope to have your characters fight and then have to make up to complete the third act. (Like in the recent movie It, the kids spend the entire movie forming a friendship and discovering they are stronger together...only to have a fight and separate in the third act, for practically no reason.) It was annoying to see it here, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal