collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever missed out on a great deal?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever missed out on a great deal?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »
Ice Crystal in a lot on Facebook marketplace for £10 earlier this year.  :yikes: I lost the page.  :argh:
Oh and the playtime babies mint in box back in the early 2000's at a toy fair for £15 each, but was talked out of buying them.

If we're going further back I'm fairly certain I can even remember seeing the dutch adults and nestie babies in an import shop in the late 90's but I didn't want the adults because they looked like the 7 friends and I couldn't afford the nesties.  :yikes:

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »
Oh, more times than I can count! But I’m happy for whoever gets it! With keen eyes and fast fingers you will find your own great deals in time

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 08:35:49 PM »
There have been a lot of “the one that got away” moments, but two stand out to me:

I BINed a lot of accessories that had a Sweet Scoops charm in it.  I got it for a great price, paid right away, and crossed my fingers.  Everything was set to go out the next morning. 

I got up the next morning to be greeted with a refund and a groveling note from the seller about how their daughter wanted to keep her ponies. This was a total lie. I looked at the seller’s completed auctions, and in it was a lot of ponies where the seller straight up said “my daughter doesn’t want these anymore, and so I’m selling them”.  I know there are people who scour ebay for completed auctions for rare items, and if they find something they like, they’ll contact the seller and see if they can get them to sell under the table. It’s happened to me before. “The dog ate it”, “my kid wants it”, “I lost it”, “my husband threw it out”.  It’s amazing how cats only eat rare items. Toddlers only want expensive things.  Careless husbands never toss Peachys. 

I had to let it go.  There’s no fighting it.

The second was my straight up stupidity.  It’s not uncommon for there to be a clump of something hitting ebay.  Something new comes out, some new cache of rare items is discovered, and they’re everywhere for a while.  Summer of 2002, that was MIB Greek babies.  For a brief time, there was a flood of MIB Greek babies.  They were selling for $50 for the ones that were released elsewhere(Baby Blossom and Cotton Candy), and $100 for the “exclusive” ones(Baby Minty, etc).  I graduated college that summer, and my (now) husband offered to get me a present. I felt bad about making him pay for one of the expensive ones, so I passed up a $100 MIB BABY MINTY in favor of the $50 Baby Cotton Candy thinking that I could just get Baby Minty later.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal