collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "My Little Brony" bashes one of our own.  (Read 3241 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: "My Little Brony" bashes one of our own.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 04:52:18 AM »
Pretty pony, pretty dumb commentary.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 05:13:47 AM »
Yes, because consistently bashing every gen that existed before 2010 will surely convince the whole MLP fandom that all ponies were crap before FiM came along 9_9 ffs, I've seen G4 customs not even worth a second look getting arse tons of praise simply because they're G4. I can't wait for this brony fad to pass over.

On a good note, that cyber punk pony is completely awesome.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 06:16:54 AM »
Yes, because consistently bashing every gen that existed before 2010 will surely convince the whole MLP fandom that all ponies were crap before FiM came along 9_9 ffs, I've seen G4 customs not even worth a second look getting arse tons of praise simply because they're G4. I can't wait for this brony fad to pass over.

On a good note, that cyber punk pony is completely awesome.

I'd rather have that custom than another pinkie pie...just sayin'
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 06:50:18 AM »
I dont get it. Is this supposed to be funny or something???

I don't get the joke either (when there's no room left in hell the worst shall walk the earth)

If Hell is ribbons, stars and rainbow colors, pink ponies with cute fuzzy legs....is that really a problem?

Oh the horror!!  :faint:
It seems totally pointless other than to be mean. but IDK the joke is lost on me.
I think assassin_kitty's custom is pretty and it is cool to see all the support here. There is a bright side.  :sunny:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 06:51:43 AM »
Is this any different than when people here bash those bedazzled custom ponies on taobao?

Yes.

I agree that it's unkind, especially considering that someone (assassin_kitty!) carefully made it.  I will say though that I don't think the post suggests the custom is bad--rather the pony is SO over the top that it's just the most extreme example of what people think of when they think girly MLP--an explosion of rainbow colors!  The pony is almost like a drag queen pony--very BIG and dramatic!  I may just be being too lenient, but again I don't think it's meant as a insult--just a jab at the alleged froo-frooness of early MLP :)

To be honest the thing that bothers me most is when bronies show so much scorn for girly aspects of MLP. (In fact that's the most common reason given for hating the previous gens, that they're "so girly.") It's so hypocritical to like FiM, and get angry when people can't respect you for liking a girly show... and then turn around and do the exact same thing to other people.

Agreed! Hypocrisy, thy name is Brony.

Can't say i'm surprised...

Yeah, me neither... sad, though, that the fandom felt the need to single out a customizer for embarrassment again. Remember when they had that 'April Fools Day joke' on that one Brony blog?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 06:55:58 AM »
...(because apparently having G4 characters wearing socks is a thing in the brony community...?)..

Sometimes a pretty nasty thing sadly.

Even though I do think the bashing on the  custom is horrible I really don't think most of the comments were that bad? I mean I've seen far worse and there was some positive comments after all.

There were some positive comments! No one's noticing that though, of course... ;)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
...(because apparently having G4 characters wearing socks is a thing in the brony community...?)..

Sometimes a pretty nasty thing sadly.

Even though I do think the bashing on the  custom is horrible I really don't think most of the comments were that bad? I mean I've seen far worse and there was some positive comments after all.

There were some positive comments! No one's noticing that though, of course... ;)

I commented and 'liked' the positive comments so I disagree with your assessment that 'nobody' noticed the positive comments.

Here is my two comments, the first was in direct responds to the image
That's a custom, not an official hasbro release. I'm curious about the use of this image, do you have permission from the artist to take it an use it so you can make fun of it? Or I guess you just didn't really care that it's not an official hasbro release but someone's creation.

The second was in responds to someone who belittled the custom and referred to it as a G1
Actually no, it's not a G1 it's a G3 - this is also not an official hasbro release, it's a customized pony. But I wouldn't expect people who don't know they're MLP history past the last 3 years to know the difference.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 07:25:37 AM »
Yeah, me neither... sad, though, that the fandom felt the need to single out a customizer for embarrassment again.
Either that, or one single solitary individual felt that need.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »

:like:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Tabbyclaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
Is this any different than when people here bash those bedazzled custom ponies on taobao?

Nope. Not even a little bit. The only difference is that the people here know who made this one, so it's suddenly a bad thing. If the people making the customs on Taobao found the things forum members are saying here and objected, the site would collapse under the weight of people trying to backpedal and insist that that's not what they meant, we're the "nice" community.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 10:55:38 AM »
My issue is that they uploaded something that doesn't belong to them. Yes they are bashing it but as far as I know they uploaded something that isn't theirs =/ I don't know how Cheezburger handles those things but if it was my picture and my work I'd be really upset more so about the fact someone did it that without permission.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 11:16:28 AM »
Doesn't MLB and sites like it have a history of uploading art without credit? I can't say I'm surprised that this turned up uncredited as well.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »

Same! If Hasbro actually released something with that much thought and effort, I may be persuaded back to my old ways of giving them large amounts of my money. I gathered up all of my G4 figures today because I'm selling most of them off on eBay, and I somehow ended up with a total of five Pinkie Pies over the course of my collecting. Just extras from multi-packs/double packs. I don't need five identical figures, Hasbro! I finally hit a point of  "okay, enough of this." when they released Chrysalis in an alicorn mold with a cardboard crown, and then the Midnight in Canterlot 7 pack "WITH MINTY!and 6 other ponies we know you already have LOL" and I was just done. When the single pack figures began to trickle, so did my interest in this line of toys. The quality just isn't there for the prices, plus the constant re-releases are tiresome and boring. I'm very grateful that G1 and G3 are so plentiful and varied. Thanks to those generations, I wont tire of the franchise just because Hasbro is phoning it in for G4.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »

Nope. Not even a little bit. The only difference is that the people here know who made this one, so it's suddenly a bad thing. If the people making the customs on Taobao found the things forum members are saying here and objected, the site would collapse under the weight of people trying to backpedal and insist that that's not what they meant, we're the "nice" community.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
I don't know that I've ever been in a thread about Taobad bedazzled ponies and to my knowledge I don't know the customizer of this pony.

What is this rumpus about bedazzled ponies? I've seen bedazzled ponies online, or I take that back I haven't seen a whole bedazzled pony. I've seen half of a G3.5 pony bedazzled onto a iphone cover. I don't know if this is the same thing yall are talking about.

I don't have a problem with bedazzled ponies, and I don't think I've posted in a thread about them saying I didn't like them so I can't be lumped into the 'nice' people who disliked bedazzled ponies.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »
Doesn't MLB and sites like it have a history of uploading art without credit? I can't say I'm surprised that this turned up uncredited as well.

Since it's considered a parody of the original, to them it qualifies as "fair use", and some probably feel they don't need to.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal