collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: **RESPONSE FROM HASBRO*** My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?  (Read 18333 times)

Katai

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: **RESPONSE FROM HASBRO*** My little Pony Favorite Collection - Dents?
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2012, 10:39:52 AM »
This is why I am encouraging all to contact hasbro. The more calls they get, the more obvious it is that its an overall problem and not an isolated problem. I sent the info to equestria daily but maybe if other people send emails to them they'll post it.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »
Just because something has "always been this way" doesn't mean it's okay to just shrug your shoulders and keep buying toys with low quality. Yes G3's had quality flaws, yes even G1 had quality flaws, but nothing is going to change if no one says anything to Hasbro. Hasbro is not going to get off their duff and work to improve things if they hear no complaints. (Yes I know they probably won't change things anyway, but they certainly won't change things if no one says anything!)

In college my environmental teacher told us a story. Back quite a few years ago, McDonalds used to package their Big Macs in styrofoam clamshells. My college professor gave extra credit to all his students if they wrote to McD's and complained about the packaging, and showed proof that they sent the letter. And you know what? Eventually the packaging DID change! Maybe the letters had nothing to do with it, you say? Maybe, but maybe not.

Fact is, Hasbro is NOT going to change if no one says anything. Yeah they might not change anyway, but it's not like no company has never acknowledged the complaints of their customers. It could happen with Hasbro.

Yes it's true there's 7 ponies in the $40 set and that comes out to $5.70 per pony. Yes it's true that these are kids toys and kids/parents buy them, and kids might not care as much about quality control. But Hasbro DID advertise these sets are being made specifically to acknowledge the collectors out there, so they should expect that collectors want quality products. That's all there is to it.

Just because these toys are cheap and affordable does not mean we should accept flaws that can easily be corrected.

Nothing changes if everyone keeps silent.

Well said!

Lets not forget that the set is at least $10 more expensive than it should be, considering they threw in 2 ponies that 99% of G4 collectors probably already have at least one of, if not three or four! I know it's nothing new for them to throw in re-release ponies where they aren't needed, but every time they do it just seems dirty to me. Like they're just doing it to jack up the price.

I am no expert but it just seems like some of these problems could be avoided if Hasbro did just make a few small changes that probably wouldn't cost anything...even if it's only $5 per pony, it still would be nice to have good quality straight from the box.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Katai

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
Just because something has "always been this way" doesn't mean it's okay to just shrug your shoulders and keep buying toys with low quality. Yes G3's had quality flaws, yes even G1 had quality flaws, but nothing is going to change if no one says anything to Hasbro. Hasbro is not going to get off their duff and work to improve things if they hear no complaints. (Yes I know they probably won't change things anyway, but they certainly won't change things if no one says anything!)

In college my environmental teacher told us a story. Back quite a few years ago, McDonalds used to package their Big Macs in styrofoam clamshells. My college professor gave extra credit to all his students if they wrote to McD's and complained about the packaging, and showed proof that they sent the letter. And you know what? Eventually the packaging DID change! Maybe the letters had nothing to do with it, you say? Maybe, but maybe not.

Fact is, Hasbro is NOT going to change if no one says anything. Yeah they might not change anyway, but it's not like no company has never acknowledged the complaints of their customers. It could happen with Hasbro.

Yes it's true there's 7 ponies in the $40 set and that comes out to $5.70 per pony. Yes it's true that these are kids toys and kids/parents buy them, and kids might not care as much about quality control. But Hasbro DID advertise these sets are being made specifically to acknowledge the collectors out there, so they should expect that collectors want quality products. That's all there is to it.

Just because these toys are cheap and affordable does not mean we should accept flaws that can easily be corrected.

Nothing changes if everyone keeps silent.

Well said!

Lets not forget that the set is at least $10 more expensive than it should be, considering they threw in 2 ponies that 99% of G4 collectors probably already have at least one of, if not three or four! I know it's nothing new for them to throw in re-release ponies where they aren't needed, but every time they do it just seems dirty to me. Like they're just doing it to jack up the price.

I am no expert but it just seems like some of these problems could be avoided if Hasbro did just make a few small changes that probably wouldn't cost anything...even if it's only $5 per pony, it still would be nice to have good quality straight from the box.

ALso if they don't do anything people are going to be less likely to buy the set which equals more money lost than if they would just change the packaging

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
This is exactly what I meant by not being impressed with the quality in my thread about this set. It is horrible quality. All of the ones in my set except for Rainbow Dash and Nightmare Moon have dents. Nightmare moon has paint rubs and stray paint in various places. They are a hot mess. However, it is all water under the bridge anyway since my daughter took them yesterday and gave them haircuts *bangs head on laptop*. Somehow my husband thought it was smart to allow her to do art projects at the table with her ponies. He even acted shocked she did it (uhmmm...she is 3 years old!) So, they are dented and have new "stylish" hair.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2012, 01:14:51 PM »
If you pour boiling hot water over the dents they usually improve/disappear.

starlightcomet

« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
So, they are dented and have new "stylish" hair.

:cry: I hope you can replace them someday, that really sucks.  :huh:

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »
Hmmmm..... I still plan on buying two sets, but this is very sad to hear. :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Katai

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
I'm still waiting to see if someone else has tried the hot water method as I'm going to try and return mine (don't want them to look used or anything or TRU won't take it back)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »
I'm sorry everyone is so unhappy :( It's a harsh reality of capitalism that companies try to charge as much as they can for the least amount of effort. With the ~economy~ the way it is people are spending less on luxury items like toys, so a lot of workers are being laid off or having their hours cut in an effort to improve overall profits. Whatever quality control people they have on staff are probably so overworked and underpaid that they don't have time to scrutinize every single figure that leaves the factory (a number which has drastically increased with the popularity of Friendship is Magic, I'll bet). Hasbro probably figured it'd cost less to refund any people who notice/report the poor quality - which doesn't make it in any way okay, mind you, but that's unfortunately that. :(

If dents were the worst of it I wouldn't mind, but when we have things like looped/short hair plugs, botched symbols and eyes and the like it makes them very unattractive to collect. I dunno, it's reasons like this that made me sell almost my entire G4 collection :( I still love the show, but I'm not a little girl or a Brony, and those seem to be their only target audiences as of late.

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
This is pretty disappointing, honestly. I don't really like the packaging of the G4 ponies anyways, but now they're supposedly changing it so that a) it's even harder to get the ponies out and b) leaves annoying dents where the plastic comes in contact with them.

Also, as someone who tends towards 'eco-friendly', all the plastic they use in the packaging is a nightmare. o_o A single plastic bubble isn't that bad, but they sandwich everything between 2 different ones (and if anyone remembers the combs in the earlier waves, they had their own plastic thing). Not to mention those pain-in-the-ass plastic/cardboard things they sandwich the hair into. It all just seems excessive. I don't even know if the plastic they use is recyclable.

I agree with what someone posted earlier: Just package them the same way they did with G3 ponies (plastic bubble on cardboard). It'll certainly save Hasbro packaging costs, and save us all time on removing our precious little ponies.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »
I always throw the plastic packaging into recycling bins. It's either made from PET or PVC, so I'm not really sure whether or not it is recyclable.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »
I thought plastic wasn't recyclable unless it had numbers on it.  I know I've look really hard but I couldn't find any evidence it's recyclable. 

Please let me know if I'm wrong because I would love to recycle it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:04:28 PM by kakenterprise »

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
Yep, they are recyclable. Looking at the boxes and they have a recycle symbol on it. It's weird because only international boxes have the symbol and American packaging says nothing. But I assume it's still recyclable.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:22:51 PM by StarlightGaze »

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »
They all have dents? Even Nightmare Moon?

I am so happy I decided to stop buying new Hasbro products. That is beyond unacceptable, especially since its marketed towards collectors.
Pardon?  They are still marketed to little girls - they still sell in the toy section.  The only ones "marketed to collectors" are going to be your Fair and Comic Con ponies.  The rest can be found in little girls hands who do not care how bad they are.

I am not saying it is right, but gang, for the price you are lucky the heads are on the right way. 

I buy Breyers, they cost anywhere from $20 to $75 and up new - they come with box rubs and bent legs, they are marketed to collectors, and I can see getting bent over that.  But for the most part over a toy? 

Oh and G3's had all kinds of messes, as did G1's - some of those mis-matched heads and bodies have nothing to do with fading but with production of a cheap childs toy.

People said this set is $40, and $40 is quite a bit of money. That would feed me for a at least two weeks, better than I'm able to eat now. Having every single pony covered in dents (especially on top of all the other common Hasbroken 'quality' problems) is not acceptable. I don't care if they're truly children's toys, they should not be so damaged just being taken out of the package and its crazy to me how many people are like "oh well its bugs me but that's how it is, I'll just keep buying them and never complaining".

I don't care if something is $5 or $40, 'just a toy' or for collectors, it should not be broken/damaged directly out of the package. If I paid $40 for a set of ponies with heads on the wrong way, heads would roll at Hasbro like you wouldn't believe. We're not "lucky" their heads are on the right way. It is Hasbro's JOB to make toys and please their customers to sell products. It is not the duty of collectors to just throw our money at a company and be grateful we get anything in return, no matter how bad the quality is. That's not how it works. If they sell us crap and people get sick of it, they'll get angry and stop buying the products.

Every time someone tells me to be grateful Hasbro even makes ponies, be grateful they're not worse, etc it drives me insane. We owe Hasbro NOTHING. Hasbro is the company and they design/make the products. I have bought brand new non-Hasbro toys whose retail price is $15-25. The company making these dolls somehow makes them have wonderful quality, barely any flaws (I have had 2 issues total out of 19 dolls and one issue was very small), and awesome clothing/wigs. And because ponies are far simpler, they don't need all the assembly that the dolls do. Hasbroken can do better as proven by other toy companies with much higher quality products in the same price range, but they choose not to. That's not okay with me.

They also sell collector Barbies right next to normal Barbies, so being on the toy aisle doesn't really change that. The fact still remains that this set, White Celestia, and Zecora are collector oriented. Sure kids will probably like them too, but collectors and bronies have been begging for more show accurate toys, background character toys, and a white Celestia. Hasbro finally listened.

Thank you!!  There is no excuse for a product to be damaged coming straight out of the package.  If Hasbro can't be bothered to care about the quality of the toys they're producing, then why should I bother to buy them?

This is why I am encouraging all to contact hasbro. The more calls they get, the more obvious it is that its an overall problem and not an isolated problem. I sent the info to equestria daily but maybe if other people send emails to them they'll post it.

I agree.  Don't be silent! 

I've sent Hasbro two complaint e-mails about the shoddy quality of G4 and mentioned symbol and eye smearing, head/body color mismatch, dirt smudges, permanent stains, jagged/badly cut neck seams, and misplaced and misprinted eyes (seriously, is it that hard to make sure the characters eyes aren't two different sizes, or sliding off their heads in opposite directions?)  I barely ever buy G4s anymore because of their terrible quality. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:29:07 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »
Yep, they are recyclable. Looking at the boxes and they have a recycle symbol on it. It's weird because only international boxes have the symbol and American packaging says nothing. But I assume it's still recyclable.
Nope in the USA it has to have the symbol and a number inside of it.  In my area you can only recycle number 1 and 2.  Nothing else.  No symbol no recycle.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal