collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advice concerning a case - scamming seller - UPDATE case closed!!!  (Read 2865 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Need advice concerning a case - scamming seller?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 05:59:19 AM »
i would have sent  the photos showing the issue   in the very first message,
one other thing i find odd here  is that  shes  only refudned or  offered to refund the shipping  first and not the  full cost of   the lot  to send back to her , and they she  says she will only   refund the items once returned   .... 

ive never had to  return something  but just that in its self  seams   odd to me.  :/

That seems odd to me, too. I think one of two things: Either she's trying to scam me because she won't even consider the fact that the ponies were damaged in transit and won't take me up on the offer to see pictures.

Or she thinks I'm scamming her because she wants me to send the ponies first and she said in the message "all the items" as if I wouldn't send everything back. I almost think she's worried I bought the lot to pick one pony out as if it's worth more or something. I was the only bidder on the lot! There are no treasures in it, trust me! They were in OK condition before the ink but the ink all over them is not good. It didn't get on all of them but it did get on most.

But you guys are right. I will be taking pictures. If she doesn't want to see them, fine. I'll submit them in the case for eBay.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:03:04 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 06:04:07 AM »
Geez, hostile much? At this point, I would stop talking to her and let eBay handle things when the time comes. You can't argue with an idiot.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 07:54:01 AM »
one other thing i find odd here  is that  shes  only refudned or  offered to refund the shipping  first and not the  full cost of   the lot  to send back to her , and they she  says she will only   refund the items once returned   .... 

ive never had to  return something  but just that in its self  seams   odd to me.  :/

That seems odd to me, too. I think one of two things: Either she's trying to scam me because she won't even consider the fact that the ponies were damaged in transit and won't take me up on the offer to see pictures.

Or she thinks I'm scamming her because she wants me to send the ponies first and she said in the message "all the items" as if I wouldn't send everything back. I almost think she's worried I bought the lot to pick one pony out as if it's worth more or something. I was the only bidder on the lot! There are no treasures in it, trust me! They were in OK condition before the ink but the ink all over them is not good. It didn't get on all of them but it did get on most.

But you guys are right. I will be taking pictures. If she doesn't want to see them, fine. I'll submit them in the case for eBay.

Actually- that is not so odd, I seem to remember that ebay tells you NOT to send a refund until you have the item back.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 08:02:03 AM »
I agree, that's not really odd.  There are a lot of "professional scammer" buyers on eBay these days who would indeed keep the refund money and not send anything in return, or pick one valuable item out of a lot and return the rest, or claim that items are damaged when they actually aren't.  Since eBay no longer allows sellers to leave negative feedback, these scammers have 100% positive feedback, just like honest buyers do.

I know it's annoying and feather-ruffling to be treated with suspicion when you're an honest buyer, but remember that the seller doesn't know you personally.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 08:02:36 AM »

Actually- that is not so odd, I seem to remember that ebay tells you NOT to send a refund until you have the item back.

But if that is the case, and eBay is protecting us both, why not reply to the case? You can send messages to the buyer and try to work out a solution through the case. She refuses. She just sends messages through eBay. I have stopped communication with her. It's like talking to a wall.

Post Merge: October 01, 2015, 08:09:56 AM

She's forcing me to wait it out, so I will. She will get all her inky ponies back and appropriate feedback. And apparently she won't learn from this and will send "hundreds" more ponies in newspaper.

Post Merge: October 01, 2015, 12:43:56 PM

After submitting the pictures and talking to eBay I get two messages from eBay today. The first is that the seller has accepted my return. The second says a label will be available by Oct. 2 for me to return the ponies with a message from the seller saying she called eBay and this is what they told her to do (what I've been telling her all along to do!). And eBay's message to me says a refund will be given about a week after the return is received.

Hopefully this nightmare will now come to a close!

UPDATE:  UGH!!! The label won't print! Had to call eBay! There is a glitch! And apparently that money the seller sent me is part of my refund so if I would have used it to send the ponies back it would have been money out of my pocket. Glad I waited for the label! Just wish it would print. Ebay said to keep trying it for the next 5 days and if it doesn't print by then to call back.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:31:08 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 08:32:43 AM »
bluerose - did you try using a different browser to print the label?  That might fix the problem.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
bluerose - did you try using a different browser to print the label?  That might fix the problem.

When I called eBay, the rep tried to open the label and was having the same problem on his end, too, so he said it was a glitch on their end and not the browser.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 03:32:05 AM »
Ebay glitch..so not fun :(  At least its finally all sorted with the seller now though properly through ebay ,and since ebay is paying for the return  (when the glitch is fixed)  neither you or the seller will be out of cash for postage/ponies  :hug:  :bigups:

I just hope that the seller does learn something about packaging in future but it doesn't sound like it ATM *sigh* 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice concerning a case - scamming seller - UPDATE case closed!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 05:42:09 AM »
UPDATE:

So, I had called eBay again and they had told me if I didn't get a label by yesterday I was to call them today (which I was fully prepared to do), but this is what I got instead:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding the little ponies you've purchased from “name removed". I know how frustrating it is to pay for an item and receive one which damaged item. Rest assured that I am more than happy to investigate on this and to help you resolve this concern.

You're a valued member, and we want you to enjoy shopping on eBay.
We reviewed your case about an item not matching the seller's description. As a courtesy, eBay would like to take care of this today by issuing you a full refund (for the cost of the item plus shipping). You don't need to send this item back to the seller. You'll also receive a follow up email about our decision, along with the item and case details for reference.

You should see the money in your PayPal account within 24-72 hours. If you don't have a PayPal account, please register for one using your eBay email address. Once you've created a PayPal account, confirm your email address in PayPal. If you don't confirm the email address, you won't be able to receive the refund."

And to top it off, the refund was already in my account! Thankfully this is done! Now to see if this newspaper ink can be removed! UGH!!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 07:13:15 AM »
So glad Ebay refunded you!  Hopefully you can share the ID with us so that nobody else has to deal with her terrible packaging! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 07:43:38 AM »
Her eBay ID is nita9428.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 04:26:51 PM »
I'm glad this all worked out!!!!
I had been reading in hopes it would turn out well and it's a relief that you didn't have to deal with her potentially (???) trying to scam you AND got your refund! Depending on the pony, a bit of time to sunfade should do the trick but that might need a thread of its own to hopefully rescue this lot and give them the home they deserve. :hug:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 04:40:24 PM »
I'm glad this all worked out!!!!
I had been reading in hopes it would turn out well and it's a relief that you didn't have to deal with her potentially (???) trying to scam you AND got your refund! Depending on the pony, a bit of time to sunfade should do the trick but that might need a thread of its own to hopefully rescue this lot and give them the home they deserve. :hug:

Sunfading should work for most of the ponies but won't work for the so softs. Anyone have advice for those?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »
Try ammonia or isopropyl alcohol soaked paper towels:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5668578_remove-newspaper-ink.html
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 04:03:30 AM »
:hug: I'm so glad ebay stepped in and sorted it out without you having to deal with the seller anymore.

Hmm SS ponies are tough to clean but I've had some success with Vanish Oxyaction (pink tub) - soak them in warm water with 1 or 2 scoops in, move them about a bit to make sure all the pony gets cleaned, then rinse in cool water- but obviously don't rub or the flocking can get damaged. I believe its similar stuff to Oxyclean if you cant get Vanish (- that's just the one I personally find most effective ;) )

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal