collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay- Do I bother to leave negative feedback?  (Read 5555 times)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay- Do I bother to leave negative feedback?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »
I've received incorrect items a few times, but the seller has always either told me to keep the incorrect item and refunded me, or had me return it and sent the correct item to me eventually. In those cases, I didn't leave any feedback. I wouldn't feel right leaving a neutral or negative, since it appeared to be an honest mistake and the seller made it right, but it wasn't exactly a positive experience, either.

Sorry if I'm being dense but isn't that precisely what a Neutral feedback would be for?  :huh: sorry if I'm missing something.

Hmm, I guess so. I'm probably too nice. If they relisted it, I would leave a negative.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:32:35 AM by buddyboymama »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
Sorry! That was for a PM!  Wonder what happened there?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:33:57 AM by Galactica »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »
Galactica did you mean to post your last post in For Sale?  :P If so I can split it and send it over there?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »
I've received incorrect items a few times, but the seller has always either told me to keep the incorrect item and refunded me, or had me return it and sent the correct item to me eventually. In those cases, I didn't leave any feedback. I wouldn't feel right leaving a neutral or negative, since it appeared to be an honest mistake and the seller made it right, but it wasn't exactly a positive experience, either.

Sorry if I'm being dense but isn't that precisely what a Neutral feedback would be for?  :huh: sorry if I'm missing something.

Hmm, I guess so. I'm probably too nice. If they relisted it, I would leave a negative.

I didn't realize a Neutral was almost as bad as a Negative... But I'm gathering that from what I've read here? I've been lucky so far and have to had to leave anything but positive feedback but I've only rediscovered buying stuff on eBay very recently :/

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 02:45:50 PM »

I didn't realize a Neutral was almost as bad as a Negative... But I'm gathering that from what I've read here? I've been lucky so far and have to had to leave anything but positive feedback but I've only rediscovered buying stuff on eBay very recently :/
Yep, a neutral is also harmful. If I don't feel a transaction justify a a negative, but I also don't want to leave a positive I just don't rate the transaction. Since a neutral is still harmful I figure what's the point? I only feel the need to leave s negative if it needs to be done and neutral transactions don't warrant that for me.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 04:46:50 AM »
I agree with that a neutral can be just as harmful (especially because people often leave it when they are clearly not satisfied but "don't want to be that harsh", but if you read it it pretty much still qualifies as a negative).
with just a little overexaggerating, I see the whole rating system going towards rather a "positive-non-positive" direction, and neutral and negative seem more and more less defined (in terms of what qualifies as which).but of course it also depends a lot on the situation.

haha, if I wasn't trying to be limiting my purchases due to not having an income until August I'd totally be interested in the Moxie wigs of Galactica :D

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 03:58:41 AM »
Galactica did you mean to post your last post in For Sale?  :P If so I can split it and send it over there?

*giggles * I was wondering this too :P 
nice wigs BTW! :heart:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
I hope someone archived the version of this page with the wigs post :silly:
should be perma-moderated

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 01:50:58 PM »
A negative feedback is a big blow, esp to a new seller.  Never leave negative feedback unless you had a terrible experience that could not be resolved by contacting the seller.  Since they refunded all your money, I wouldn't punish them with a negative.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 02:00:58 PM »
A negative feedback is a big blow, esp to a new seller.  Never leave negative feedback unless you had a terrible experience that could not be resolved by contacting the seller.  Since they refunded all your money, I wouldn't punish them with a negative.

Agreed.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 01:47:27 AM »
This has happened to me lately , sellers just do not send the items I won and paid, they do print a label or add tracking ,but it never gets scanned, and after the first message about the item. they apologize and send refund, to me is clearly that they were not satisfied with the ending price ,so I have left negatives to them.
I just do not buy their excuse, but at the same time ,is their pony and they have the choice to not sell it for less of their desired price, they get negative because they should list it as a BIN with their desired price, or an auction with reserve price, so it is their own fault they  got a low price at the end .
but the ponies they did not send are worth much more and I understand them for not sending them :)
but not condoning their actions either or just because I got a refund is ok to not leave them negative, at the end I'm not satisfied and that is what the feedback is for .
but if you think they made a mistake on your case ,then I will just not leave them feedback at all, and keep watching their for sale items ,it might come up again for sale
the sellers I left negative eventually relisted the items . and I could still report them to Ebay ,but I left it at that .
is mostly how it goes on these cases .  :)

Post Merge: June 17, 2015, 01:50:47 AM

ahh and one of the sellers had the audacity to reuse the label LOL, I had turned on email notifications for the number, well it ended up being used to a totally different destination a week later  LOL
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:50:47 AM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »
This has happened to me lately , sellers just do not send the items I won and paid, they do print a label or add tracking ,but it never gets scanned, and after the first message about the item. they apologize and send refund, to me is clearly that they were not satisfied with the ending price ,so I have left negatives to them.
I just do not buy their excuse, but at the same time ,is their pony and they have the choice to not sell it for less of their desired price, they get negative because they should list it as a BIN with their desired price, or an auction with reserve price, so it is their own fault they  got a low price at the end .
but the ponies they did not send are worth much more and I understand them for not sending them :)
but not condoning their actions either or just because I got a refund is ok to not leave them negative, at the end I'm not satisfied and that is what the feedback is for .
but if you think they made a mistake on your case ,then I will just not leave them feedback at all, and keep watching their for sale items ,it might come up again for sale
the sellers I left negative eventually relisted the items . and I could still report them to Ebay ,but I left it at that .

ahh and one of the sellers had the audacity to reuse the label LOL, I had turned on email notifications for the number, well it ended up being used to a totally different destination a week later  LOL

It wasn't the seller reusing the label you silly, USPS re-uses the tracking numbers all the time.  If you purchase shipping to one destination, you can't "reuse" it and have it go somewhere else. It doesn't work that way.

I agree that if someone doesn't send you an item that you won simply because they wanted a better price- that is a breach of contract and yes they deserve negative feedback. But I don't think you should always assume that is what happened.  Sometimes people really do just lose things or mail them to the wrong place. 

I recall that once I accidently slapped the wrong label on the wrong box- and sent it to Russia. By the time I realized my mistake, I had no choice but to refund the Russian lady AND the person who bought the dolls that had gone to Russia- because the alternative would have been to pay for shipping all the way back from Russia, or to ask the lady in Russia to return the dolls, just too expensive and time consuming. 

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 10:59:16 AM »

It wasn't the seller reusing the label you silly, USPS re-uses the tracking numbers all the time.  If you purchase shipping to one destination, you can't "reuse" it and have it go somewhere else. It doesn't work that way.

I agree that if someone doesn't send you an item that you won simply because they wanted a better price- that is a breach of contract and yes they deserve negative feedback. But I don't think you should always assume that is what happened.  Sometimes people really do just lose things or mail them to the wrong place. 

I recall that once I accidently slapped the wrong label on the wrong box- and sent it to Russia. By the time I realized my mistake, I had no choice but to refund the Russian lady AND the person who bought the dolls that had gone to Russia- because the alternative would have been to pay for shipping all the way back from Russia, or to ask the lady in Russia to return the dolls, just too expensive and time consuming.
I have never heard of USPS reusing the tracking numbers ,never have come across that so far.
I think the person might have all along printed the label for that destination from the get go :)
and after i was dealt with, then they sent it to that other buyer .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »

Actually, most larger courier companies (UPS, DHL, TNT, etc) do this. I used to work in the despatch department and this is a regular occurance. Once a package is confirmed to have been recieved at the correct destination, its tracking number can be recycled and re-used for another consignment. It can be confusing for customers who are new to international shipping when they see the tracking number they have been given showing their package to be in Malaysia when it should be going to Italy :)

Back on topic, There is a 4th option here. Just don't leave ANY feedback at all. After all, you got your money back reasonably quickly and the seller admitted their fault. Obviously a positive won't be left because you did not get the item you wanted. But the seller was reasonable and gave a full refund with no arguements so a negative or even a neutral may be too harsh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal