collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gah...no feedback from eBay buyers.  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Gah...no feedback from eBay buyers.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 11:00:39 AM »
I always leave feedback for my buyers once I ship.  Maybe I should wait- but I haven't had any scammers yet fortunately.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 12:25:31 PM »
There are too many buyers willing to scam their sellers by claiming their item is not as described and trying to either get the item for free and or a discount and if a seller has already left feedback they have no recourse on eBay.

Completely agree. See the thread on Love2collectponies for another prime example of this. As a buyer, I never expect the seller to leave feedback first. I feel that's my responsibility.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 05:48:23 PM »
It would be nice if there was official etiquette that states that it is the seller's responsibility to leave feedback as soon as the money is received.

I completely disagree! There are too many buyers willing to scam their sellers by claiming their item is not as described and trying to either get the item for free and or a discount and if a seller has already left feedback they have no recourse on eBay. EBay will automatically side with the buyer.

See this thread to see what I'm talking about: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,368997.0.html

I referenced the wrong one earlier, sorry, it's not as easy to reply on my phone.

There's a "Changing and Removing Feedback" option under help, which I assume means you can change the feedback you've left.  I've never had to use it so I don't know exactly what you have to do or what restrictions there are with it.

I know I've gotten feedback from fewer than half of the people I bought from so maybe eBay ought to have an automatic "Payment Received" feedback when you submit your payment through PayPal.  That way the other sellers know that you're not going to squelch on payment and then they can look at the seller's feedback of you to look for issues with false claims.  Unfortunately, until people decide to be honest in their dealings, it's never going to be satisfactory for everyone.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 05:10:10 AM »
(Unless the rules have changed again without me knowing), you cant change or remove positive feedback once you've left it on ebay  - you can only do that for neg or neutral- so a few people who tried to scam me have positives from me still *sigh*  - which is why I wont risk leaving a positive for a buyer anymore until they've had their item and left me feedback or a message (so ebay has it on record) that they are happy with the item  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »
I honestly hate how they changed Etsy feedback. It did not used to be so dumb. I never remember there being a certain time frame you had to wait to leave feedback and it used to be a two way street. You cannot leave buyer feedback anymore, which stinks because you could bypass the crazies by reading their feedback.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 03:17:22 PM »
eBay seriously should implement a rule for buyers that if you leave feedback for less than a certain percentage of your purchases you are temporarily banned for from purchasing until you leave feedback.

Give it a time limit of a month or two so there's time for purchases to arrive. But if you're going on several months with dozens of purchases and have left feedback for less than 80-90% of them... Temp ban 'til you do! :P

I leave feedback for everything I buy within a day or two of it arriving, usually immediately after opening and inspecting. I don't understand why some people don't leave feedback at all? :huh:

I'm sorry to all the seller who have to deal with this, selling on eBay sounds like a nightmare some days.  :hug:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 06:32:32 PM »
eBay seriously should implement a rule for buyers that if you leave feedback for less than a certain percentage of your purchases you are temporarily banned for from purchasing until you leave feedback.

Give it a time limit of a month or two so there's time for purchases to arrive. But if you're going on several months with dozens of purchases and have left feedback for less than 80-90% of them... Temp ban 'til you do! :P

Yeah, but that should apply to the sellers as well.  I've only got a feedback of 29 when it should be closer to 100 because the sellers don't leave feedback either.  In fact, I still don't have feedback from the last thing I bought, which was close to a month ago now.  I left them feedback the day I got my item.  That's why I think eBay ought to do an automatic "payment received" feedback when you use PayPal.  At least then sellers know that you actually DO pay even if the seller is too lazy to click the feedback button.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 05:13:09 AM »

LOL!!  :lol:  I like this idea so much !! :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 05:29:14 PM »
I was missing a whole bunch of feedback on ebay, so I checked the tracking to make sure that the items had arrived, and sent them a message asking if they were happy with their purchase, as I had seen it was delivered, but hadn't heard anything from them and wanted to be sure everything was okay. Every single one left feedback that day, and some even replied to the message as well. I then left all of them feedback as well, as I'm another who won't leave it first just in case.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 05:32:32 PM »
I usually leave feedback for buyers at about the time an item is delivered to their door. That way, they get their feedback notification, and it serves as a gentle reminder to leave feedback for me as well once they receive what they've bought. :)

Sending messages to make sure things arrived okay is also a great idea! They'll appreciate the gesture, and perhaps simply respond with feedback for you!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:39:37 PM by Bergamot »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal