collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non-pony- case open with SDCC seller, new problem :\  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Non-pony- case open with SDCC seller, new problem :\
« on: July 30, 2014, 07:30:02 AM »
Update 14.08.14:

After being told on the 11th that my seller doesn't get tracking numbers for his items until a few days after they're sent, I get this tracking number just a moment ago:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?trackingNumber=7254877034988578

Now, it says the label was created today by my seller. Does this mean the system just didn't register it until today, or does that actually mean he didn't even make the label until today?

I'm getting really nervous, because I only have until Sunday night to escalate this case and tomorrow is the last shipping day before the weekend. If anyone can shed some light on this or how I should take things from here I'd really be grateful!

ETA: He's still only updating via email, he still hasn't added a tracking number or a second response to the PayPal case.

--------------------------------------

Update 05.08.14:

My parcel arrived today, but it only contained one set of dolls (I paid for two). I'm really nervous and confused because I explicitly asked about combined shipping when I bought them and he combined shipping on the invoice for me. Wow am I ever glad I opened that case! I don't think there's much chance that he shipped them separately :\ The guy has amazing feedback, but I'm not impressed in the least.

-------------------------------------

So yesterday I opened a case against an eBay re-seller of SDCC exclusives because his communication has been terrible and it was my 45th day for the PP window. I understand now it's because he's swamped himself with so many sales that he can't keep up with inquiries from his buyers. Here is what he had to say in response:

Hi there - i am extremely behind on my ebay messages because of comic-con and have not seen your message yet. I understand that you are nervous, but you have opened a case on an item that is not even scheduled to be delivered yet. When buyers do this, I find this incredibly suspicious and quite frankly, it is not fair to me. I have purchased these and shipped these and now all of the money is being with held. These items have shipped and I am incredibly busy and have not been able to get a tracking number up and at this point, it will take a day or two, as I am on the road. By opening a case, this leaves a negative mark on my account, so it is unfair to a buyer to open a case, especially since there is no way you would have received this by now.

I understand you are new to this, but I have excellent feedback and ship hundreds of presales a week. Again, these items are not even scheduled to be delivered. I have just been incredibly busy dealing with over 400 hundred items going out in the past 3 days. I appreciate your concern over the matter, but opening a case on an item that is not scheduled to be delivered yet unnecessarily harms my account. Please let me know, thank you.

-------------------------

I've had people open cases against me on eBay before and I know how much it sucks and all, but if I don't stand my ground on this I'm not covered if those items get damaged or lost in the shipping process. I'm really just regretting not waiting until closer to the con, I could have just avoided all of this. I don't like that he feels suspicious of me, and I'd hate to harm his account in anyway (if what's highlighted in bold is in fact true). Do you think I should close the case and cut the guy a break? Opinions would be greatly appreciated as I'm really torn on what choice to make here.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:26:45 PM by Cool.Breeze »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Non-pony- case open with SDCC seller, having troubles
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »
Do not close your case until the item is received! As far as I know, it doesn't affect the seller unless they rule in your favor/against him. As a buyer, you are smart to open a case on the last day of the PP Window just to protect yourself.

I'd suggest leaving a kindly worded note in the 'case details' that you will happily close the case once the item arrives and that you understand he is very busy with his sdcc sales.

I once paid for the SDCC MUFFIN PONY and the seller never was able to obtain the pony, but she didn't want to tell me that. I had to file a claim, and it was a nightmare getting my money back. I actually had to contact her on abay And Deviantart to get any response at all. I totally get your anxiety about receiving the item you purchased . :)

Maybe others have some better suggestions too?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »
I'd also just send a friendly response saying you are just covering your bases and will be happy to close the case once the item arrives - as an experienced ebayer, he/she knows exactly what the window is for paypal and should be understanding of that *shrug*

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:21:43 AM »
Do not close your case until the item is received! As far as I know, it doesn't affect the seller unless they rule in your favor/against him. As a buyer, you are smart to open a case on the last day of the PP Window just to protect yourself.

^I totally agree. Do NOT close the case under any circumstances unless you actually receive the item. It is also true that his account is not going to harmed unless eBay finds the case in your favor. Here is a quote from eBay:

"Sellers can have a maximum of 0.3% of eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection closed cases without seller resolution over the most recent evaluation period. That means the buyer opened the case, you weren't able to resolve it, the buyer reached out to eBay or PayPal to review it, and eBay found you responsible." [emphasis mine]

By doing pre-sales so far ahead of time he should be prepared for the risks that come along with that. It is not fair to expect someone to waive the 45 day time frame for eBay Buyer Protection just because they intend to ship something but cannot guarantee it within that time frame; that is their problem, not yours. I understand that they may be busy filling orders but it comes across as a bit unprofessional to use that an excuse.

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »
I'm in agreement with the rest of the group. Don't close your case.  He HAS to know that buyers have a 45 day window, so really, all he's doing here is whining.  "Wah, it's unfair! Wah, you'll put a black mark on my account!" 

He did his pre-order sales WAY too early - Comic-Con was only this past weekend. Yes, he had to build-up orders, but he had he done them even two weeks before, he would have been fine. Instead he did them a month an a half before SCC, so that's really his own fault. *shrug*
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »
Thank you ALL so much for weighing in on this. I'll write him another polite note explaining once more that the case is only open as a precaution and he's not going to get ripped off.

I thought he sounded a bit whingey, too. I didn't order over 400 items from him, so I don't know why he's so exasperated with me for wanting some communication. He really ought to have a network of people helping him, the guy is scalping more than he can handle and he's taking it out on his buyers. I get that he's busy, but he's the one who got himself in over his head so as other here have said, it's kind of his own fault.

I appreciate the opinions, guys! It definitely helped me make my decision, and it's the decision I wanted to go with in my gut ^^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 04:29:03 AM »
:nod: I'm in total agreement with what everyone else here has said - so go ahead with your  polite explanation message in repsonse and dont feel bad about not closing the case :hug:. You dont want to risk losing your money and all of this is his own fault for doing preorders too soon and too many and while he is on the road too if he is too busy to handle it/ship on time/communicate/whatever.

TBH I've had nothing but issues and stress with most of the pre-order stuff I've ever bought on ebay so I personally avoid it now and force myself to wait until something is properly released  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
:nod: I'm in total agreement with what everyone else here has said - so go ahead with your  polite explanation message in repsonse and dont feel bad about not closing the case :hug:. You dont want to risk losing your money and all of this is his own fault for doing preorders too soon and too many and while he is on the road too if he is too busy to handle it/ship on time/communicate/whatever.

TBH I've had nothing but issues and stress with most of the pre-order stuff I've ever bought on ebay so I personally avoid it now and force myself to wait until something is properly released  :awake:

Yeah I'm never doing a pre-order again! This is crazy stressful, and not at all fun like receiving exclusives should be. Updated because I think my seller messed up my order :C I only got my Monster High exclusive, he forgot to send me my Ever After High one ; 3;

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
I've done pre-orders a couple of times before and things went smoothly, but it sounds like this guy bit off more than he can chew. Your case is still open, right? If he doesn't send the other doll, he'll have to refund you. I would write to him again and ask where the doll is. Hopefully it's an honest mistake and he still has some dolls and can send one. If not, I'd escalate the case and explain it to eBay.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I've done pre-orders a couple of times before and things went smoothly, but it sounds like this guy bit off more than he can chew. Your case is still open, right? If he doesn't send the other doll, he'll have to refund you. I would write to him again and ask where the doll is. Hopefully it's an honest mistake and he still has some dolls and can send one. If not, I'd escalate the case and explain it to eBay.

Yeah I just updated the case and politely asked if there was a chance that he shipped the dolls separately, and if he did if I could get the tracking number. You got it right that he bit off more than he could chew, he didn't even send me a tracking number (he said he would send me one on the 29th or 30th) and the customs form is dated the 28th of July (the tracking label is dated the first of August, though?). I am amazed he has such incredible feedback, because this guy can't be arsed to do squat for me for some reason (probably spite over the open case, but that's just speculation). Thanks for the advice to escalate if he can't supply a Cerise for me, hopefully he'll just send a refund if he can't. I don't think he'll be able to send me one b/c he's a Canadian seller who travels to the US to make these sales, and he said in the auction description that he cannot take anything but comics back to Canada with him :c

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
If you open an item not received case, you will loose as he has proof you received the items. You need to open not as described case.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
If you open an item not received case, you will loose as he has proof you received the items. You need to open not as described case.

Thank you so much for the heads up on that!

I don't know if I'll be having that issue though as he finally replied to an email with this to say:

Hey sorry to get back to you so late on this - I am behind on my messages - I had to send separately because there was an issue getting the other across the border - I am shipping it out separately via canada post and u should get it early next week - again, sorry for the delayed notice, I am completely behind on my messages - I haven't been able to get to paypal case or eBay messages - please use this email to respond, as I can get to this quicker

------------------------------------------------

He hasn't emailed me once since the day after opening the PP case (the 30th of July) and I had no idea about any of this until just now. I feel sort of jerked around at this point >.<; it's not that hard to make an email with a BCC list of your affected buyers and send out a notice, I find this pretty unprofessional.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
You need to only communicate with this guy through eBay or payPal. Asking you to email through your personal accounts is unprofessional and, i'm pretty sure, against eBay and PayPal policy for resolution. This guy is being shady, and you need to make PayPal aware of it...if he can check email for home, why can't he check eBay and PayPal? It makes no sense. He may use your communications against you, too.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
He may use your communications against you, too.

How could he use the communications against me exactly? I haven't said much to him outside of "where is my tracking #/doll at?" and accepted a few apologies.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:24:15 AM by Cool.Breeze »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
I agree with keeping all communication in the ebay system. That was ebay can review those messages if they need to.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal