collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Damaged MOC - Some Advice if I'm Doing The Right Thing Please  (Read 2091 times)

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on if I'm handling this awful transaction properly or anything else I should do please as well as a good reminder to double check how the seller intends to post precious/expensive wins.

I won a beautiful MOC TE Sky Rocket and been excitedly waiting for her to arrive mum picked my parcels up from the PO today because she works a few doors down and sent me a message she had my envelope I was concerned as the parcels I have due are all MOCs.

The seller sent it in a normal postage envelope with no padding or protection of any sort and my beautiful Sky Rocket's entire bubble was forced off the card as seen below  -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've written and asked for the difference between what I paid and what's she's now worth plus postage back as in my opinion she was packed totally incorrectly and no way I'm paying to send her back to the states for a full refund.

Saddest thing is now I have to try to find her MOC again just about most disappointing thing that's happened to me collecting but will be asking for a box every time from now on so a very hard lesson learnt. . .

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Re: Damaged MOC - Some Advice if I'm Doing The Right Thing Please
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 01:12:25 AM »
You would think people selling collectibles would have some small smidgen of understanding of how things should be packaged up.

It's simply common sense, but so many people lack it.  Clearly. 

I don't buy MIB, but I can understand the annoyance.  I had a moron ship me a Japanese doll that was WIRED permanently to stand, so he thought it was a smart idea to rip her feet off, which were where the wires attached through the base of her shoes and up into her ankles.  Not only that, she had a glass dome that went over top of her ( not original, I was not interested in it ) and he packed all this in a very thin and not well packed doll.  OH DID I HAVE FUN PICKING THE PARTS OF THAT DOLL OUT OF GLASS SHARDS, OH YES I DID.  And then I had to ask what the heck he was thinking on DESTROYING the doll, and it was because he couldn't find a box big enough!

I got a full refund, plus my shipping, but then the nincompoop wanted to me to talk to USPS for him for his insurance claim so HE COULD GET MONEY BACK.  I told him no.  It wasn't USPS's fault he was an idiot, I wasn't going to commit fraud for the moron and told him so.  I managed to fix her, but I had bought her for resale, so I did not make what she had been originally worth. . .

Anyways, with priority mail, you should at very least have SOME recourse with an insurance refund if the seller turns out to be a jerk on top of an idiot.  It's not the post's fault, obviously, but if you can't get a refund, unfortunately, sometimes it's the only recourse.  I would be definitely wanting a partial ( well, major refund ) and in a case like this, it's in the seller's best interest.  If you were to send the pony back, the seller is still out the original shipping, which to AUS from US is quite expensive, and they just dig themselves into a bigger hole.  I mean, the pony at most, loose is worth, what, $20-$30?  That's probably what it cost to ship her.  So hopefully they realize their mess up and just give you the fat refund you deserve and consider it a lesson learned on THEIR part.  :/ 

:hugs: 

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »
Wow, that is horrible!! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I think you did the right thing, I just hope the seller does the right thing and refunds you most of the money. They are responsible for properly packaging their items so they don't arrive damaged. Such a shame that an MOC G1 was lost forever due to the seller's negligence. :/

Do let us know what they say!

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:33 PM »
Yeah, I've had stuff like this happen to me a few times too; vintage MOC item sent in an envelope.  Never with a G1 pony though, but I'm not big on MOC's.  As MiRaja said, common sense is annoyingly uncommon.  I've learned to ask specifically too.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 12:17:47 AM »
It amazes me how dense some people can be...

Straight to the point, Ebay will rule in your favor, BUT, you will be required to send it back before you receive a refund and the seller is not obligated to pay return shipping.

I hope it works out for you. :(

Offline PrincessLocket

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 03:43:05 AM »
Quick Update seller feels pony is worth more than I do and asked me to send her back and she will refund me when she gets it.  To be honest I don't want to pay $30 plus dollars to send the parcel and wait 3 weeks to get it back plus the ponies cost so I have asked her if there is a figure she is willing to partially refund me and we can hopefully go from there.  I'm even more peeved as she only apologised for the fact I'm unhappy not the fact my pony is ruined or she didn't put any thought into how she sent it

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 03:50:48 AM »
Why would anyone ever send a MOC pony in an envelope. So stupid. I'm not surprised someone like that isn't apologetic about their lack of sense. :( I hope you figure something out. Maybe call/otherwise contact someone who works at Ebay to get some advice.. they've helped my mom out a lot in the past.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Damaged MOC - Some Advice if I\'m Doing The Right Thing Please
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 04:35:40 AM »
Ugh how awful! I'm so sick of stupid sellers sending MOC or MIB items in flimsy envelopes and then of course the item terns up ruined and then the seller thinks that it isnt their fault   :mad:
and yes i am speaking from personal experience too!
Well.. I hope that your seller and you can work something out. I wish that they would realise that its their fault as they didnt pack a collectors item securely *siiigh* :(

It amazes me how dense some people can be...

Straight to the point, Ebay will rule in your favor, BUT, you will be required to send it back before you receive a refund and the seller is not obligated to pay return shipping.

I hope it works out for you. :(

this is true ^^ I recently had an ebay issue just like yours though and it ended up going down to a case...i wasnt happy with the sellers suggestion and she wasnt happy refunding me and having the items returned and we let ebay take over , view the messages, see the pictures I posted of the damage and the packaging etc... and the result was that ebay decided to make the seller refund me and they (ebay) paid the return shipping too- they sent me a special label to print out.  It doesnt always happen TBH with returning stuff on ebay the buyer normally pays return, but it *is* possible in some cases that ebay will pay...so if you do have to take it to a case in the end, you may not have to pay return shipping depending on how ebay views the matter,the sellers attitude, and how you handled it ;)

Post Merge: May 22, 2014, 04:38:28 AM

oh and just a quick reminder  (which you prolly dont need, but just incase cos its easy to forget if we're feeling stressed or upset over a matter)  - keep the seller sweet. Dont argue back, stay polite, no matter if they get nasty- it always works out better then - whether you're working it out privately with them or if it goes to a case ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:38:28 AM by Ringlets »

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline PrincessLocket

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 05:19:30 AM »
Thanks xx I'm just hoping she is willing to come back with a partial refund which is my ideal solution and I'm going to see about getting some double sided tape if I keep her to stick her back on.

I did at least receive another MOC I was waiting on in a strong secure box full of those little air cushions and one perfect Streaky inside so she's cheered me up no end lol  I also won a few other MOC TE from another seller and double checked how they were posted and they was great assured me they packed them carefully in a box themselves to send won't ever buy without checking again though I can't believe how many sellers obviously not only do it but can't see a problem

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »
If you open a case with ebay, I think that sometimes they are willing to pay or reimburse you for your shipping the item back since it was the sellers fault for damaged item. It may be worth calling them to check on.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »
It's a shame the seller thinks it is okay to send a MOC that way. :( I hope you can work it out with them!

Oh, and I used mod podge to reseal a MOC pony that was coming loose from the card. It has held up well.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 04:36:14 AM »
side point but you could also use a tiny bit of superglue to seal the bubble back on the card ;) it shouldnt show and it should still hold. I havent tried it with MOC ponies but my hubby has done it with some stuff in his own collections where the plastic has come away (he collects toy cars and stuff like that)

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
I have two MOCs that I have superglued when a portion of their bubble came loose and it works fabulously. :)

Offline PrincessLocket

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 05:33:06 PM »
Just an update as this is ongoing.  Seller has not been forthcoming with a partial refund as I firmly believe they want it back to resell reading inbetween the lines of our discussion.  Not one have they shown any sign they are sorry my item is broken only sorry I complained and I've opened a dispute with Paypal and intend to leave appropriate feedback. 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 04:50:29 AM »
:(  I was hoping for a good outcome from this. I'm so sorry hun  :hug: . I do think you needed to open the case though as they've stopped responding and dont see that they were the ones at fault for the dodgy packaging that led to the damage.
The really worrying thing is that I also have a feeling that this person wants you to have to do a return for a full refund , then they will just glue the pony back on the card and resell as MOC  :yikes:    (in that case I would keep an eye on the next listings and report the item should they try it on!)
Please let us know how it goes and I hope ebay sorts this out fast for you :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal