collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RESOLVED: Purchase tracked as 'delivered' but didn't arrive (non-pony)  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
I am really steamed right now, an ebay purchase has been tracked as 'delivered' but sure as heck wasn't... and here's the kicker, 'no signature required' and no 'package waiting for pick-up' note in the letter box, it could be anywhere! This is the exact reason why I prefer insurance over tracking, a purchase can be tracked to the ends of the earth but that doesn't help when it's telling me 'delivered' and my hands are empty.

I'm hoping that it's been popped in a neighbour's letterbox by mistake and they'll do the right thing and re-deliver it to me, but the 'contents value' might tempt people to the dark side. We get mail for 'right house number, wrong street' every so often, and we walk over and re-deliver it. I'm so worried I'm never going to see my purchase, it's collectable pins that are a newly retired design that I caved and splurged on.  :(

I've already been to two different Australia Posts (picking up another package and tracking this down), phoned customer service to lodge a complaint and start an investigation, contacted the seller and opened a paypal dispute... but what are the chances of anyone siding with me? Since it was tracked but didn't require a signature is that sufficient proof that I'm not lying and I'll be reimbursed?

I checked eBay and Paypal's policies but I've got a headache and can't seem to find any specific information about whether I'm protected in this case or the seller, or it we'll both come out of this positively? I'd hate for the seller to be out this much, since it's not really their fault, but I'd also like my money back if not my purchase.  :cry:

Does anyone have experience with situations like this and advice? I've never had a package go missing while it was tracked.

RESOLVED: deets on page 2  ^.^
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:21:33 PM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
Re: Purchase tracked as 'delivered' but didn't arrive (non-pony)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:30:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure that in order for the seller to win a dispute they need to be able to prove that they sent the package to the paypal address of the buyer - this means they would need to have sent it via registered post (I think signature on delivery also counts).

Since your package was sent only with tracking I think you have a really good chance of winning however I really hope auspost finds your box!
Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 01:38:19 AM »
Thanks for the info ^.^
The package was First Class International, I didn't realise this method even had tracking so I was worried that it was registered, turns out nope. :(

I'll try not to fret and keep my fingers crossed that the investigation goes well and my package turns up. I really hate it when things go wrong, I worry myself sick.
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 03:51:36 AM »
I had a similar experience but with a courier bringing an international parcel (saddle so big value).  I was tracking it via web/email notifications and got notified it was delivered which sent me into a mad panic as nobody was home to have signed for it (courier needs sig to leave and I was expecting to go collect it from depot after finding a card after work one day).  Phoned courier frantically to be told it only meant it had been collected to be delivered not that is was delivered to address is it at all possible it's ready to be delivered to you but not yet actually delivered if that makes sense?

I hope you get your parcel!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 04:21:38 AM »
I'm unsure how customs works there, but here if an item is retained for customs charging then the tracking updates to "final delivery" (A+ service from the mail company ¬.¬). As you mentioned the parcel has a high value, is it possible it's been retained for an import charge? Tracking always seems to be a mixed bag as to whether it will update at all or be updated correctly, so I'm quite sure it'll show up soon and that some twit has just jumped the gun on updating the tracking :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:27:49 AM »
It would be a relief if wasn't actually delivered yet, pending or stuck in customs, but I've been told that there is a GPS record confirming that it was delivered to a house in my suburb. It may still be the case, or maybe it's just been scanned wrong, but Australia Post agrees that it's seemingly been delivered to someone.

They're going to ask the postie who delivered it if they recall it at all... which they probably won't. They managed to deliver a stack of letters, another package for me from the US, and a card for me to collect another very large package... just this one little parcel has disappeared. I originally thought that they had just forgotten to leave a pick-up card, because they're prone to doing that, but no such luck.

I'll update this with progress, hopefully it's smooth and positive, I just worry so much over opening cases on eBay and really appreciate advice and reassurance that I'm not doomed. :P

I usually don't even check tracking on my purchases (I rarely even get it) but I recently had a pony sitting at the local Post Office for a few weeks until I got a final warning that it was going to be sent back, and they never even let me know she was waiting! My biggest fear is that it's been stolen. :(
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 11:20:13 PM »
if the tracking shows delivered, then paypal will rule in favor of the seller. Please tell me you contacted the seller before opening a dispute :(

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase tracked as \'delivered\' but didn\'t arrive (non-pony)
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 11:35:11 PM »
if the tracking shows delivered, then paypal will rule in favor of the seller. Please tell me you contacted the seller before opening a dispute :(

It's first class international tracking though, I didn't actually think this postage method had tracking at all. It wasn't priority or signed for, the seller didn't offer it, they've tracked it into the unknown as far as we all know. Heck, the postie could have scanned it and pocketed it for themselves for all I know! I hope not, that would be horrible.
I did contact the seller before opening a dispute but was urged to open the dispute asap because of the situation. The seller has responded to my initial message but there isn't much they can do on their end, I don't know how this is going to be handled by paypal.

Post Merge: May 01, 2014, 12:27:16 AM

It took ages to wade through ebay and paypal policies to find this, but I think I'm safe?

Seller Protection: For items not received where the transaction value is equal to or greater than US$250, proof of delivery with signature confirmation is required.

So in this case tracking wasn't enough and paypal should find in my favour since the package wasn't signed for? I hope! I'd feel aweful for the seller though, I really hope my purchase turns up. :(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:27:16 AM by Tulips »
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 01:48:32 AM »
You didn't have it sent priority for something that cost over $250? Ouch. I feel badly for both you and your seller. That's a lot of money to be out.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 02:02:47 AM »
Oooh boy...hopefully your neighbor is honest and returns it!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 02:11:50 AM »
You didn't have it sent priority for something that cost over $250? Ouch. I feel badly for both you and your seller. That's a lot of money to be out.

The seller didn't offer it, apparently since First Class International shipping from US to AUS has free tracking now some sellers aren't bothering with priority anymore? In fact, when I saw the tracking number I thought it had actually been posted priority, it was only when it went missing that I re-checked and was surprised to find all this out. In any case it's a definitely a mistake I won't be making again. >_< I usually trust First Class, this is the first time anything has ever gone so wrong for me on eBay.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:18:45 AM by Tulips »
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 04:33:42 AM »
Did you contact your post office with the tracking number?
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 05:30:33 AM »
That stinks, I'm sorry! Maybe the post office can find it. Have my fingers crossed for you.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
okay, so it was over $250? If you didn't sign for it then yah, you'll probably win. The seller should have known not to send such a high value item with out signature.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 05:20:01 AM »
I'm having such bad luck with ebay lately. Another package has seemingly gone missing, it's taken a week to get an updated invoice just so I could pay for a purchase, some pre-orders are delayed without the seller bothering to let me know, and a purchase hasn't been posted over a week after I paid with no communication from the seller. (sorry for the rant, just need to unload)  :P

I used to love ebay, but in this week alone it has stressed me out so much!

Plus this entire situation with the paypal dispute is frustrating, I feel terrible about the entire thing and can't stop worrying over it. I hope I get a call back about the Investigation soon, so this can all just be over. If my package was stolen and doesn't turn up I'm not looking forward to escalating the case and reporting it to the police. :(
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal