collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Troubles with an ebay seller.  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Troubles with an ebay seller.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 07:31:52 AM »
I don't know that I'd agree to accept a personal check.  If they can't send $5 via PP, why would I believe they have $5 in their bank account?  I'm not going to be paying the bounced check fees on a $5 refund, no way! 

Who is this seller?  I want to avoid her. 

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »
I don't know that I'd agree to accept a personal check.  If they can't send $5 via PP, why would I believe they have $5 in their bank account?  I'm not going to be paying the bounced check fees on a $5 refund, no way! 

Who is this seller?  I want to avoid her.

There is a way to apparently verify checks before you cash them, though whether their bank will want to admit to me that they have $5 or not is not a guarantee. At this point I want to ask politely if I can just get the money through Paypal, because it can't be THAT hard to gift someone $5 through Paypal. I could probably just send you $5 in ten minutes with just your email, and I don't have to leave my house. Why jump through all these hoops? I'd ask now, but gah...I probably should have said something last night. By now it's in the mail and they'll be peeved.

Should I ask, get that $5 and still get that check, I'll just destroy it, so I don't steal like $10 from them (well that, and I don't want to pay the bounce fee...though they will also have to pay, so I mean, why would they gamble with that amount...unless this also baffles them. Now I'm paranoid). Honest to the end.

Seller is tdk8851 btw. All positive feedback, except for one neutral which really is the buyers fault. Says so on the box that it's a 55:p

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:53 PM »
That is so shady.  Like, really, really shady.  I would contact ebay about this mess, honestly.  I mean, I would not go to the hassle to send my buyer a personal check.  I don't even get checks.  But to mail all that out and use a stamp and such, it's ridiculous.  It's cheaper for a refund through paypal because the seller gets a portion of their fee's back because of doing the refund!  It wouldn't be much on the $5, but still!

thekozmicpig

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 06:20:17 PM »
Well, it is official, I am a fantastic idiot. The seller sent me two boxes, I have no idea how I blanked on why I was missing an item.

The fiver was in the second box. Apologies will be sent and the check will be getting destroyed.

Though I have no idea why you'd send one order in two boxes on the same day.

Disregard, crisis averted.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »
o_O

Some sellers ( and buyers ) are so odd.  Why would you need two boxes for ponies . . .?

thekozmicpig

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 06:41:59 PM »
o_O

Some sellers ( and buyers ) are so odd.  Why would you need two boxes for ponies . . .?

Technically, it wasn't ponies but...hold on...

Got 'em all to fit in one box they used! I didn't want to cheat and shove them in the box Amazon used to send me my DVR. That sucker was massive!

Also I think I said "I'm sorry" in one form or another like five times in the message. This was totally my bad, and positive feedback will be left.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:43:34 PM by thekozmicpig »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 06:46:38 PM »
Lol that kinda makes the fiver redundant if they paid the extra postage anyway? why send it if they sent them separately, heck why send them separately at all? urgh I don't want to know....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 02:44:52 AM »
Lol that kinda makes the fiver redundant if they paid the extra postage anyway? why send it if they sent them separately, heck why send them separately at all? urgh I don't want to know....

I think they were sent separately because technically they were paid for separately. But I am with you, I don't want to know what she was thinking. It's not like she wasn't aware that kozmic had bid on several of her items. They had a conversation about it.

Anyways I am glad all was resolved for you kozmic, despite the aggravation  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 04:13:04 AM »
wow that was a strange and confusing situation for you to deal with  :blink: 
... but I'm glad its all sorted now  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

thekozmicpig

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »

I think they were sent separately because technically they were paid for separately. But I am with you, I don't want to know what she was thinking. It's not like she wasn't aware that kozmic had bid on several of her items. They had a conversation about it.

Anyways I am glad all was resolved for you kozmic, despite the aggravation  :huh:

It's definitely a noodle scratcher. I paid at once for all, so I have no idea why they didn't just shove in one box. Heck, I even once won two auctions within two hours, paid for each at once, and got one box. Granted there was free shipping involved, but still, you can tie two orders paid separately into one.

I'm probably going to leave positive feedback once I hear back. It was frustrating, but in the end it did work out and was partially my fault for the hassle. I'm just waiting to see if the response is polite or rude. I'm expecting polite, but still waiting.

Either way, never buying from them again unless it's one item. This was too much of a headache and the lack of a refund through PayPal even tried puts me off.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal