collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Troubles with an ebay seller.  (Read 1154 times)

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
Troubles with an ebay seller.
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:48:02 AM »
I won several items in one day from one seller, and they invoiced me quickly without me asking, which would be great service, but after they did this I asked the seller if it would be alright if I bid on an item ending a couple days later. After some confusion on their end over how they couldn't do combined invoice until the auction ended (which should have been a warning sign to back away), I was told they will wait until it ended.

It ended, I won huzzah etc. Sent a message, waited some days for an invoice, got a message asking if I would be bidding on more things, and I said no.

A couple of days have passed since then and nothing has happened. No invoice, no message back nada. They have put up new listings so I know it's not a broken computer or anything, but what do I do now?

Do I poke again? Do I pay and hope they realize they didn't combo shipping and refund me? Do I pay, wait until they arrive and get Paypal involved? I want my stuff and I don't want to screw them over because I'm not a jerk. And I'm sure they want to be paid, (and they have perfect feedback),which is why this is so baffling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Troubles with an ebay seller.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
 I would go into your "Purchase History". You will see the option on the right side of your recent items to "Pay Now" or "Request total from seller". Select "Request total from seller" and enter a message to notify the seller that you would like to combine your orders to ship together.

Perhaps they got busy and overlooked it.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

thekozmicpig

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »
I would go into your "Purchase History". You will see the option on the right side of your recent items to "Pay Now" or "Request total from seller". Select "Request total from seller" and enter a message to notify the seller that you would like to combine your orders to ship together.

Perhaps they got busy and overlooked it.

I tried this, and it's not coming up. I think being a single item causes eBay to not allow asking for an invoice. I get pay now, resolve a problem, leave feedback, essentially everything but request total.

Good tip though!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:36:02 AM »
Hmmm...I would shoot her another message then. She should be able to send a revised invoice for the single item, whether she remove the shipping or charge whatever the difference is for adding it with your other items.

If she doesn't answer I suppose your next option is to just go ahead and pay and hope she catches it and offers a refund.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »
Does it not come up in the awaiting payment section? Should have all the items together if you have not payed for any yet then it should come up with the option like Ponylady said "request total from seller"

Hmm not sure why it isn't coming up if it is not there.

I agree with Ponylady contact the seller again & ask them to send you an invoice for all your items
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

thekozmicpig

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »
Does it not come up in the awaiting payment section? Should have all the items together if you have not payed for any yet then it should come up with the option like Ponylady said "request total from seller"

Hmm not sure why it isn't coming up if it is not there.

I agree with Ponylady contact the seller again & ask them to send you an invoice for all your items

I've seen it happen before. I think if you already have an invoice, you can't ask for an invoice with only one item, even though it's the same seller.

One of ebay's fun little quirks<_<.

I'll probably contact again, tell them I haven't received an invoice, and would like to have one so I can promptly pay while also saying that if they've been busy I understand. Basically not rage at them.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 10:46:11 AM »
Hey kozmic..try this, it may work.

Go back into your Purchase History page. Is there an option for "More actions" If so click it and there should be a "Request total" there. I could be wrong but it's worth a try.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

thekozmicpig

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:10:21 AM »
Hey kozmic..try this, it may work.

Go back into your Purchase History page. Is there an option for "More actions" If so click it and there should be a "Request total" there. I could be wrong but it's worth a try.

It doesn't show up there either, I checked it on both my iPad and laptop in case it wasn't available on the mobile site, but nope.

I blame ebay.

Message it is!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
I've had this happen before and what I found to work was to actually click, "Pay Now" and when it took me to confirm, there was "request total" button. Plus I added in the message box a reminder to the seller all the other purchases that I had made.  I got a combined invoice so good luck!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

thekozmicpig

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »
Good tip for the future Unicorn_pops!

Ultimately, the seller evidently didn't know how to combine two orders so we're going the refund route. I'm probably going to regret this somehow, but I still think I did ok-excellent price wise on some of them, so ai'm happy either way.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
All the seller would have to do to combine the two orders would be to click send invoice on your new order and then when that shows up there's a button that asks if you want to combine other purchases by that buyer and you click that button.

thekozmicpig

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 04:16:44 PM »
So the items made it, they're in GREAT shape, but the seller's promise of including money in the box to cover shipping (which I knew was a bad idea, but eh, I just wanted this done) wasn't there. I sent them a message, but at this point I have no idea what Paypal would do. I don't know if this is enforceable, and in the end it's only $5 (seriously, I'd just be happy with a partial refund) so it's not a huge bother in life, but gah.

Would I be totally justified in leaving neg feedback if and demanding Paypal do something if nothing gets done? I don't want to screw them out of the amount I paid for the items, because they are what I won and they are in great condition, but oy, this has been a headache.

I'm just stunned that someone who's been on ebay for over 15 years has this much trouble. First time seller? Fine. 15 years and 426 positive in the last year? Wut.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
Well, if they lied about what they were going to do and they don't make it right post-haste, I think a negative would be more than permissible.  Sure, it's only $5, but when they told you they were going to basically make it right by a shady means and they couldn't even manage that?  Oh no you didn't.  Nope. 

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »
they couldn't even manage that?  Oh no you didn't.  Nope.

:lol: I can just see the facial expression and snapping fingers! I feel the same way. This person probably gets away with this WAY too often because to a buyer, meh, it's only 5 bucks and not worth the hassle, but multiply that by 400 something sales and that's a LOT of money!!

thekozmicpig

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
I got a response!

They said they did send it, and wondered if the box looked tampered with. It did not.

They are sending me a personal check tomorrow for $5. I feel like I'm getting a tremendous runaround in hopes that I will give up. I'm gonna feel like such a weirdo cashing in a $5 check. If I even get the check>_>

...gah. Just do the refund. Seriously. It's can't be THAT hard.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal