collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping ponies US to ITALY  (Read 793 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Shipping ponies US to ITALY
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:36:50 AM »
Has anyone ever shipped ponies to Italy?

I know it states that "Toys not made wholly of wood" are prohibited items....

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/il_008.htm

For G1s if I put on the customs form "Vintage Collectible" would that flag more attention to the parcel?

If the parcel were stopped at customs and found to have prohibited items in it would the parcel be destroyed or Returned to Sender?

Would I the shipper be at fault or the buyer?

....If I let Italy bidders bid on my listings (which many end soon- so check the link in my siggy) potentially more $$$$$ for me....

I don't want to be illegal- any suggestions? Have you successfully shipped to Italy?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping ponies US to ITALY
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:44:41 AM »
I have shipped successfully to Italy many times. Am I a bit leery every time I do, yes. I would be lying if I said I didn't.

I always write "Horse Figure" and that doesn't seem to have ever sent up any red flags at customs. I would though suggest making absolutely sure that you send it with tracking. It's going to be pricey but Italy has one of the worst Postal Services in the world. So make sure you are covered, especially if you are shipping something high dollar.

Would I the shipper be at fault or the buyer?
Again if it is not sent with tracking, eBay will automatically side with the buyer. I am sure you already know that but making sure that is clear should a problem arise.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Jupetto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 06:48:49 AM »
I've sent blindbag ponies to Italy succesfully via envelope. But I would highly advice a tracking code as ponylady said, Italy has terrible postal service and a lot gets stolen/broken/opened, especially parcels. If the buyer agrees with a more expensive and safer postage, there will be less of a headache.

Always looking for AJ stuff!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:59:15 AM »
Thanks guys... Is the Tracking the $12.95 option that the USPS offers or is it more? I know there is soon to be a postal increase...

Also PL I meant the Italian Government/ Parliment at customs... Can I get in trouble for trying to send illegal items?

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 07:12:19 AM »
I have shipped ponies to Italy WITH tracking, had them go missing in post, and had Paypal return the funds to the buyer. The package is the responsibility of the seller until it is at the buyers house, even if it's tracked. Because of that, I do not ship to Italy any more. Their PO and Customs are too questionable, and I've "lost" more packages going to Italy than every other country I ship to combined.

Good luck with your auctions! Shipping to Italy is such a gamble :huh:
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 07:21:06 AM »
Wow.... Maybe I won't offer it unless the buyers contact me first- then I can just add them to my allow list?

...I've also seen some sellers not want to ship to Germany is it for these same reasons?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 07:25:44 AM »
It's going to honestly cost way more than that  :huh: It is going to have to be shipped either Priority or Global Express. I can't give you an actual quote, since I don't know the exact weight.

As far as getting into trouble, I doubt Italian customs will come after you for shipping a toy into their country. They will either seize it or return it to the sender.  Exactly which of the two will happen is a surprise, I guess it depends on what kind of day the guy is having.

Navi that's horrible! It really is a crap shoot shipping there, that's for sure.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 07:42:59 AM »
Given all the horror stories I've heard, I wouldn't.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 07:49:03 AM »
I've shipped a couple of items to Italy, but they were to buyers here on the arena and I made sure to ship with tracking. It was a little slow, but really no other problems on my end, though i think the customs fee was stupid for the person receiving even though it was marked as a gift.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »
I personally wouldn't ship to Italy. I feel bad for the people living there because I'm sure it's incredibly difficult for them to buy anything online, but it's just not worth the risk to the sellers. That's why so many don't ship to Italy.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 10:20:47 PM »
Well, I made an exception for the person who was requesting bidding access and they didn't even bid!

I don't have to wory as of now, but I will be listing even more ponies, so we'll see. Rates go UP AGAIN Monday..

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 12:57:53 AM »
Germany - I think Germans are more likely to open a Paypal claim if their item doesnt arrive (on time) - and some countries do still take a long time to ship. I just had a boxed bride come from canada and it took longer than 8 weeks (to the UK). I was happy that the seller was prepared to send her as cheap as possible to me - so I was prepared to wait. I think most Germans are just used to their own postal system and file claims quickly.

only my two cents (as a German).

xx

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:43 AM »
TBH I've shipped toys to Italy lots of times (using tracking is usually the best option for people in countries without some automatic compensation included in the cost of shipping, and also for selling via evilbay, and for Italy in general)... without any issues (except for one , years ago, with n tracking) . I dont have to fill in customs forms though since I'm in the UK. I believe "Horse Figure" will do.

As a side note I go to Italy often - at least once a year - and I hunt the toy stores all the time. And trust me they have tons of toys there that would supposedly not be allowed to be sent there , that definitely werent manufactured there*eyeroll* . Ponies, barbies... fakies .. whatever.   Italians do have to pay silly monies in their shops for toys though (including ponies)  so thats prolly why they are so keen to buy from abroad, and even pay extra for the tracking etc. 
I think if you send with tracking you shouldnt usually encounter  issues, although tracking and delivery issues are possible in any country anyways - nowhere is 100% problem free   :)    Side note:  the north of Italy  is generally safer and less likely to have issues than the south (I've shipped to both and to Sicily too though with no problems).

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 12:57:01 PM »
just broke international law, wish me luck

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 05:09:00 AM »
 ^^ All the best lol :P 
:hug:  really though  I wouldnt worry hun  ;) 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal