collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When to open an item not received case on eBay *Received*  (Read 783 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
When to open an item not received case on eBay *Received*
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:25:47 AM »
Hey guys!  I bought a lot of wingers on December 17th from a seller on eBay.  They shipped my item on the 23rd and I haven't received it yet.  Is it too soon to open a case? 

I should mention that the seller didn't provide a tracking number and I've messaged them TWICE about this issue and haven't received a reply.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:23:46 AM by michelle53 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: When to open an item not received case on eBay
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:29:42 AM »
 :cry: A case can be opened now, if you wish.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 06:36:18 AM »
Opened.  We shall see what happens:(

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 06:39:32 AM »
I know the mail gets really slow this time of year (I bought a doll wig last year, a week before Christmas, and it didn't arrive until the end of January, and it was shipping from 2 states away >.<)  I've been selling a lot of ponies recently and I have seen some take over a week to get to their new homes, so it's possible it's just still in transit, but I'd be concerned too if my seller wasn't responding to inquiries, especially if there's no tracking >.< so I wouldn't blame you for opening a case.  Hopefully you get your wingers :D

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 07:26:06 AM »
I'm totally willing to accept that the post takes longer this time of year.  I'm not too keen in sending multiple messages about tracking info, only to be totally ignored....not cool.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 07:27:41 AM »
I agree not cool. It takes two seconds to answer back on such a simple question.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 08:01:12 AM »
Agreed!  I'm a pretty chill person to deal with, I have what I consider a lot of patience when it comes to transactions.  All of this could have been cleared up with a tracking number. 

I am also waiting on 2 MH dolls from 2 different sellers that have not arrived yet either.  I paid for Priority Shipping for one, and that was a week and a half ago:(.  I think I'm cursed when it comes to buying things lately.

Dragon620026

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 08:11:03 AM »
The mail system might be a little slow. I'm still waiting on two packages via Funko. I've been waiting 2 weeks for one package and almost 1 week for the other.  Funko headquarters are only 2 States away as well.

Then I'm still waiting on a third package from snapfish. Think it's been about a week as well.

Might be because of the holidays or the weather.   :huh: I know my roommate had his flight delayed when he was away for the holidays.

I do think it's odd that they haven't replied.  If they don't have any other sales up it might be that they don't check their eBay account often.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:04 PM »
So on 1/5 I received a message from the seller saying that my ponies were returned to her because her estimate on the weight was wrong, and she didn't have enough postage.  Ok, no problem.  So she then told me that she would re-send my ponies on 1/6 and give me a tracking number. 

1/6 comes and goes, no tracking number.  I sent her a message yesterday (1/9) asking for the tracking number.  No reply.  I still have no tracking number and no ponies.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but I'm beginning to think that she's not sending my ponies.  I won a lot that included 8 wingers and 2 of them were Cool Breeze Windy wingers.  My winning bid was $38.  I anticipated the lot selling for a lot more, as probably did the seller.  Right now I think that the seller isn't shipping my ponies because she's planning on relisting them in order to get more money.

When do you think I need to escalate my case?  Is today too soon?  Should I wait another week just in case she did ship them?

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 01:33:48 AM »
I would give it another day or two, and if the seller still doesn't respond then I would personally open a case  :huh:

If it's any consolation, I've been in a similar situation, down to the silence, and I did get my stuff in the end, so I hope you get your ponies! :hug:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 02:40:04 AM »
Honestly I would open a case NOW

It has been long enough- and you don't want to forget and somehow miss the window for opening a case.  You can say quite frankly that you haven't received your item yet, but will be happy to close the case when it is received.  Also once you open a case she will have to provide tracking.

It raises some alarm bells with me that she says she sent it out and that it was returned for insufficient postage- but she is sending it again.  That may be true, but I've heard that story before when the seller was just giving me the run around or trying to stall...

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 03:20:30 AM »
I'm not trying to be rude here, but I'm beginning to think that she's not sending my ponies.  I won a lot that included 8 wingers and 2 of them were Cool Breeze Windy wingers.  My winning bid was $38.  I anticipated the lot selling for a lot more, as probably did the seller.  Right now I think that the seller isn't shipping my ponies because she's planning on relisting them in order to get more money.
Sounds like that seller that I had a couple of months ago - 7 or 8 wingers for $50, including a Cool Breeze.  She jammed them all into a flat rate envelope that cost her half of what I paid for shipping, and when I confronted her about it she told me to send them back and she'd do exactly that.

I agree with Galactica - open that case and force her hand.

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 05:21:36 AM »
It sounds like you have already opened the case and are questioning whether you should escalate it. If it were me I would actually wait to escalate if you can (I'm not sure what date you have to do this by so keep tabs on that). Most likely what will happen is that the seller won't respond anyway to an escalation and you will just get your money back and not the ponies. Which may be what the seller wants since she didn't get the high bids she was hoping for and then she is free to resell. If you escalate it you have less chance of working out the sale so I would wait as long as possible and keep messaging the seller every couple days.

Have you checked the seller's auctions to make sure she hasn't listed anything?
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 05:43:58 AM »
It sounds like you have already opened the case and are questioning whether you should escalate it. If it were me I would actually wait to escalate if you can (I'm not sure what date you have to do this by so keep tabs on that). Most likely what will happen is that the seller won't respond anyway to an escalation and you will just get your money back and not the ponies. Which may be what the seller wants since she didn't get the high bids she was hoping for and then she is free to resell. If you escalate it you have less chance of working out the sale so I would wait as long as possible and keep messaging the seller every couple days.

Have you checked the seller's auctions to make sure she hasn't listed anything?

Oh yeah-  I didn't even see that  :biggrin:

I'd agree with above then-  if you want the ponies- give it a bit longer or keep nagging the seller.   If you've given up, escalate and you will get your money back.

If it is clear she is blowing you off in the hopes for more money next time-  you could always leave negative feedback letting her know politely and clearly that it would be revised pending receipt of the item or tracking number showing it was mailed.  Extreme maybe, but it does work.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »
It appears that messaging her three times in 2 days did the trick.  I received a tracking number today and learned that my ponies were shipped out yesterday

This was all I wanted to begin with.  None of this would have happened if I had been supplied with a tracking number weeks ago.  I'm still not thrilled with this transaction, but if I get my ponies I'll be happy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal