collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay: I feel robbed...trevorismagical  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay: I feel robbed...trevorismagical
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 07:26:03 AM »
Really sorry you weren't able to get your items :( I despise shady sellers!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Cizmet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 08:11:10 AM »
I like to thank you all for the support. As for those who are asking if I paid with CC or PayPal all I know that my credit card is registered to PayPal. I'll try contacting them to see what they can do about this.

I will be adding the seller to the list as advised.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 08:22:04 AM »
Good news! I hope PayPal can help you out. Should still be covered by your statutory rights  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Cizmet

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »
Good news! I hope PayPal can help you out. Should still be covered by your statutory rights  :)
I know that I paid with a CC linked to my Pay Pal account. So that means I still have a chance at getting my money back despite the fact that opening a dispute in its Resolution Center is past its 45 day expiration date?

I was confused at first. I have no funds in PayPal the money I spend comes directly from a savings account. My CC is linked to my PayPal account. Am I to assume that PayPal is just the middle man in my Ebay transactions?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:53:27 AM by Cizmet »

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 11:16:48 AM »
paypal is kind of a middle man:  you are paying with either your bank funds from a linked account, a credit card linked, or funds already in paypal.  You may be able to make a claim straight thru your credit card, if the transaction says "Charge From Credit Card" when you click on Details.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Cizmet

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 11:43:33 AM »
paypal is kind of a middle man:  you are paying with either your bank funds from a linked account, a credit card linked, or funds already in paypal.  You may be able to make a claim straight thru your credit card, if the transaction says "Charge From Credit Card" when you click on Details.
Yeah it says Charged from CC so there's a chance I could then make a claim? Both transactions are straight from my Credit Card.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 11:58:51 AM »
Yeah it says Charged from CC so there's a chance I could then make a claim? Both transactions are straight from my Credit Card.

Yep- if it's been paid for through your credit card you have a chance of getting your money back.  Get your credit card statement that has the paypal charge on it and call the fraud help line for your credit card company.  They may be able to do a charge back and get you a refund that way.  It's worth trying anyway.  Fingers crossed for you!
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 11:56:02 PM »
Yes, if you paid with CC it's still possible to be refunded - call your cardholder immediately!  Explain that you have tried through all Ebay/Paypal channels but you still have not received an item or a refund.  The CC company will work with you.  :)  Part of having a credit card - they have some power in restoring stolen funds to you. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:47 AM »
I think I recognize those plushies.  He sells on etsy too, I believe.  His listings seem to be down though and I can't remember the name of his shop.  More digging required! 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »
o.0 What!? This seller had 6 neutrals and 2 negatives, but ebay still counted them as 100% positive!? That's crazy! I can't believe ebay supports sellers like that.

Have you tried calling ebay's help line? Even if it's past the 45-day window, they might have some advice about what you can do, especially if you explain that the seller strung you along on purpose to stretch it past the 45 day window so you couldn't get your money back.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »
Yes, if you paid with CC it's still possible to be refunded - call your cardholder immediately!  Explain that you have tried through all Ebay/Paypal channels but you still have not received an item or a refund.  The CC company will work with you.  :)  Part of having a credit card - they have some power in restoring stolen funds to you. 
This ^^^^!

Also Dragonflitter has good advice. It would not hurt to call. I have heard of circumstances where eBay has allowed a case to be open after the 45 days. It's not common but you pretty much have solid proof through messages she deliberately strung you along.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 01:01:26 AM »
I hope that your able to get your money back! I am sorry to hear that this happened to you :( Seems to a lot of more things going on anymore :(

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 01:21:07 AM »
I hope going through your credit card will work-  I do think that's a good idea.

I glanced at this person's feedback as a seller- and even a good number of their "positive" feedbacks say that the person never received the item and had to have a refund.

This person should NOT be selling... 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 04:05:13 AM »

This person should NOT be selling... 

If only ebay agreed >.<
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal