collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay feedback- neutral or negative?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
Re: ebay feedback- neutral or negative?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »
I'm sorry but if she is selling as much on ebay as she is, she would have to be a complete idiot not to know the consequences of shipping in newspaper.  The fact that she has been as unhelpful as she is so far, is not ok. 

If something happens to me with a pony and the seller is nice about it and apologizes, I am very forgiving.  But I have no tolerance for rudeness when it is clearly her fault.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:37:54 AM by court2882 »

Miserati

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 07:51:34 AM »
I think it's fairly common knowledge to let the potential buyer know exactly what they are buying including any flaws and take photos accordingly. The item description seems like she just purposely left out the haircut. The fact that you're being lenient about that is a huge plus on her side and saying "oh well newspaper marks easily wipe off" when they don't always isn't a good solution from her. A seller should always be willing to work with their buyers unless they're obviously being scammed.

If you're leaving neutral or negative feedback please include the haircut because she'll most likely write under your comment that she attempted to rectify the situation with a refund.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 07:40:40 AM »
I messaged the seller again- I have not heard back since my last message. I'll give her 24 hours to respond and then it's feedback time, I guess. Anyone can make a mistake, but I don't think this seller really cares about trying to make things right. All I want is my $7 shipping back! I feel that if I sent the pony back for a refund I'd need to use trackable international shipping, which is expensive, and I'd just be throwing money away with nothing to show for it. And this poor dirty pony just keeps looking at me like, "Why haven't you cleaned me up yet?"
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
OK, I just received a pony I won on ebay. The seller wrapped it in newspaper so it arrived very dirty,

I used to pack the ponies in newspaper when i first started selling :blush: I never knew it would stain! The first buyers didn't say anything about it so i have send a few ponies this way, this could be a honest mistake from the seller, i know i never did it on purpose :)

But i get that there are other issues here too. The haircut should definitely have been mentioned by the seller. I hope you can get some sort of refund; otherwise you might mark the item as 'not as described'

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
On the one hand it was their mistake and they should be willing to work with you. Because it was negligent on their part.

However, on the other hand they have fulfilled what is required of them by offering you a refund upon return.  They aren't obligated to compensate you any more than that.

In the end, was the damage to the pony easily reversible or was the staining something that could not be removed?
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »
The seller has said she would refund my shipping fee tonight. I have not tried to clean the pony up yet so I'm not sure how easily the newsprint stains will come off. I've had some ponies that had been packed in newspaper come clean with just soap & water, but I have some that had really tough stains. The ones on this pony are not too bad so I hope she comes clean, and I can style her mane to cover the cut part at the base.

It would cost me about $12 to ship the pony back with tracking, plus the original $7 for shipping that would not be refunded to me, so I'm really glad the seller will just refund the original shipping cost & let me keep her. Otherwise I'd be out $19 and no pony to show for it :(

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »
If you did decide to send her back, you would get the $7 orginial shipping back though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 07:22:58 AM »
No, the seller said she would refund the sale price minus original shipping. I'm not sure if that works w/ ebay's policies or not. It doesn't matter anyway; seller said my $7 shipping would be refunded and it was not so I have left appropriate feedback. Wish I could have explained more but only 80 characters

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 07:59:15 AM »
No, the seller said she would refund the sale price minus original shipping. I'm not sure if that works w/ ebay's policies or not. It doesn't matter anyway; seller said my $7 shipping would be refunded and it was not so I have left appropriate feedback. Wish I could have explained more but only 80 characters

So even after she said she would refund your shipping, she didn't bother doing it? What a piece of work there... another seller to add to the block list :( What is up with ebay and these sellers that don't list flaws and then argue about what you bought?

Yesterday I received a pony that I had ordered for my swap partner and the ebay listings shows silky hair w/tinsel streaks, the pony arrives and she has regular hair completely fried and frizzy beyong repair w/no tinsel. I argued with the seller for a good hour before she agreed to give my money back, she kept insisting it was the sae pony in the listing picture, I took pictures of the one she sent me, and said take a good look and you can clearly see that they are 2 completely different ponies...

I'm getting really tired of ebay and all the bs that goes along with it...

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 08:24:30 AM »
I understand everyone is still upset, but I don't know if this situation warrants being put on the bad traders list.  They offered a refund.  It's true the refund should have and would have been forced to be full -item not as described- not just the purchase price, but also the shipping.  The op chose not to accept it.  They are not required to do more.  Now everyone is totally able to put them in their own block lists if they want to because the situation was handled poorly and they ship ponies in newspaper.

But they are not required to offer a partial refund.  They don't have to give the pony for free,  take off half, refund shipping only, or something like that.  The only thing they have to do is offer you a refund if you send it back  and they did that.  They have fullfilled their selling obligation.

I know everyone figures -hey I am not happy I can just get some of my money back and kep the pony-.  Then at the end of the day you have the pony you wanted and you didn't have to pay full price for it.  But does the damage warrant it? If you can just wash it off with soap and water, is that really worth a substantial refund?  Now if the pony was damaged and it negatively effected the value and you were trying to get a refund so the pony is worth what you paid- great.  But that isn't what you asked them for.  You asked them for a refund of shipping costs.  Not because they overcharged for shipping but because the item was damaged in shipping.

This seller isn't the best.  I could see blocking them esp since they offered a partial refund and didn't give it.  But in my opinion not accepting the proposed solution doesn't seem like grounds for them being put on the bad traders list.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 08:29:06 AM »
Well, the seller did agree to refund the shipping cost but then didn't do it. If she didn't want to do a partial refund, she should have just said so. And I never asked for this seller to be put on any list, just that I personally would not buy from them again.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 08:46:28 AM »
Well, the seller did agree to refund the shipping cost but then didn't do it. If she didn't want to do a partial refund, she should have just said so. And I never asked for this seller to be put on any list, just that I personally would not buy from them again.

Oh, I wasn't implying that you did want them put on a list, nor was I suggesting adding them to the bad trader list, just that I have no interest in personally dealing with sellers that can't be bothered to list things accurately and have a slow response time, or say one thing and then don't follow through.

I think my comment was misunderstood.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
Oh, see that's what I get for not drinking my coffee in the morning! The seller said there were some problems & they couldn't do the refund but will get to it later today. I'll change the feedback once it's received.

One of the pitfalls of online communication is you can't get the person's tone or expression from their words. And the use of emoticons is generally frowned upon in business communications, making them seem even more terse than they might be intended. So I guess the morale of the story is use those smileys whenever possible! :):):):) Yes I will be taking my own advice; I can be rather blunt IRL so I'm sure in written communication I'm a total beast :/

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 03:52:00 AM »
While its true that the seller is not obliged to do anymore than offer a return/refund, she had agreed to do a partial so she should have gone through with it :awake:  I'm happy that it was just a misunderstanding and that you and the seller can still hopefully work this out, and yes you can revise your feeback later if everything is ok :)
I hope that the seller has learned her lesson from this and doesnt use newspaper for packaging any more items in the future

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal