collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Potential Flaky Artist...  (Read 384 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Potential Flaky Artist...
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:27:01 AM »
This isn't pony related but I wonder if you could give me some insight.

A little while ago on Tumblr an artist I follow was running a commission deal for sort of simple commissions at a low price as she was raising money to get to a Comic Con.

Now at first she seemed pretty eager to do my work and paid up and things were good and she was working quite quickly, and said mine would be done next after she finished a commission. Okay, good.

I haven't heard anything from her in a while. I dropped her a message today which I think went through. I don't really mind waiting as I know things happen and whatever I'm just not really liking the fact I haven't really heard anything, like not even a 'waiting' list of people.

She's posted some art as recent as the 5th, but she sort of went through a URL change, and her old url is her art blog, but these newer posts that look more detailed seem to just be reposts.

She posts, and posts a lot but never seems to do anything about art. But I think she has been going through some personal problems lately. I mean if she is basically blanking me out, so bed it. Because the commission was for such a low price it isn't really worth fighting for. I just sort of want to know what's happened.

Also she was following me on Tumblr but I noticed yesterday she doesn't seem to follow me anymore, I have no idea when she did that and for what reason.

But I don't intend to take that as a red flag because to be fair if someone unfollows me, they unfollow me but it's not helping, but if I did something she didn't like she hasn't said anything too me so I don't know. She's not blocked me as otherwise I wouldn't see her posts on my dashboard.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:48:36 PM by starrypawz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Flaky Artist...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 04:06:13 AM »
I'm sorry your artist has gone flaky on you :(  Art can be a toughie to deal with since artists vary in how long it takes them to do commissions, even if there are no RL issues involved as well, but thats why good communication is so important - all she had to do was let you know if she couldnt do your commission anymore or if she is going to be taking a while longer due to RL stuff. The lack of communication  in this case is whats worrying.
  I would send her another message just incase she didnt get the first one - especially with the URL change etc . Ask her if she is still working on/able to do your commission . If you dont mind waiting longer ,then mention that to her, or if you would rather let it go, then tell her that too.
How much did you pay her?(you dont have to post it BTW)  is it worth opening a case if you still get no response? because its not fair that she has your money and you have nothing- not even a response from her.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: Potential Flaky Artist...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 04:37:16 AM »
I'm sorry your artist has gone flaky on you :(  Art can be a toughie to deal with since artists vary in how long it takes them to do commissions, even if there are no RL issues involved as well, but thats why good communication is so important - all she had to do was let you know if she couldnt do your commission anymore or if she is going to be taking a while longer due to RL stuff. The lack of communication  in this case is whats worrying.
  I would send her another message just incase she didnt get the first one - especially with the URL change etc . Ask her if she is still working on/able to do your commission . If you dont mind waiting longer ,then mention that to her, or if you would rather let it go, then tell her that too.
How much did you pay her?(you dont have to post it BTW)  is it worth opening a case if you still get no response? because its not fair that she has your money and you have nothing- not even a response from her.

Well I got to the bottom of the unfollowing thing. Tumblr has been a bit glitchy because I couple of days ago I accidently unfollowed her, and I told her and she realised she'd accidently unfollowed me so we're good on that level. So it's fine on that level.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal