collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warning about non-paying bidder  (Read 524 times)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Warning about non-paying bidder
« on: August 03, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »
Okay, so eBay non-payers are becoming so commonplace that I hardly bat an eyelid now.  I had no less than 21 unpaid items (a third of what I sold!) this time!  :shocked:  But I think people deserve to be warned about this one: eBay member originalmrsm

She won three ponies from me and didn't pay.  I sent a couple of invoices but had no response.  It's my policy to wait ten days before opening an unpaid item case.  By this point, I had more items listed and, over the course of several days, she proceeded to bid on several more ponies!  I presumed she wanted to combine shipping on all of them which was why she was waiting to pay for the first three, and sent her a message to confirm.  No response.  Still she kept coming back to my sales and bidding on more ponies (impulsive bidder?!)  She ended up winning five of them, making a total of eight ponies.  Again, I sent her a revised invoice.  But still no payment.  By the time I'd waited ten days after THOSE purchases I was getting dangerously near the cut off date to report her.

Anyway, I reported her - still no response.  I just closed the case and have now blocked this serial time waster.  I suggest you all do the same.

Strangely enough, she has 33 feedbacks talking about her fast payments...I wonder what happened?

Another MLP-related non-payer was sugar_and_slice.  New member with zero feedbacks though so I wasn't as surprised by that one!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Warning about non-paying bidder
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 05:07:49 PM »
These people have some nerve! Thanks for the warning!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 05:36:05 PM »
Hey Girly! I just had the same problem, This lady bought a pony from me and didn't pay..Didn't pay.. So I looked at her profile she had Zero feedback, and my Item was the first she ever bought with this account. But ebay took care of it for me so, It was all ok. Not like I would have shipped it without payment but still.

Ebay-ers Watch out for the ZERO Feed back thing.
Never ship until you have seen pay-meant in your Pay-pale..
Not just the cute Lil symbo
l $ that ebay has that says pay-meant.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:49:07 PM by NamineEveningLight »
:accomplished:

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 05:38:53 PM »
That almost sounds like a kid who's gotten ahold of Mom's ebay password or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 05:58:41 PM »
I had a couple people ignore 2 invoices, and several days went by, and then they got back to me and said they were on vacation or had a family emergency. Twice it happened, then they paid. I hope maybe that could be the case.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 04:23:20 AM »
Thanks for the head's up Lancer. What a serious time-waster! She is one to definitely be on everyone's blocked list.

Do these people get a kick out of wasting someone's time and basically botching up their auctions? 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 06:58:56 AM »
Ugh what a time waster! :(  goes to update blocked list*

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal