collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Horrible Quality Hanks from DollyHair  (Read 2725 times)

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Quality Hanks from DollyHair
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 04:03:55 PM »
Littlekirara, this was one of the random hanks that you received. Random hanks are supposed to contain at least as much hair as a MLP hank or RD hank, and the tangled hank that you received was equivalent to more hair than a MLP hank. While I realize that it is very tangled (and much more tangled than our random hanks commonly are), you really should be able to brush it out and find a good amount of useable hair. Also, this hank looks much more tangled now than it did before it was packaged, so I think the fact that it was so scrunched up in the bag is to blame for that. It looks more tangled than it really is.

The website states that the random hanks may be slightly tangled. Please keep in mind that these are secondhand hanks, and they have many imperfections. While I didn't think that the hank is too tangled to you to be able to use at least some of it, I do admit that it's more tangled than any of the random hanks usually are. Please email me at [email protected] with your mailing address, and I'll send a replacement random hank to you.

As far as that 4g hank that you're mentioning, did it have a "free gift" sticker on it? if not, then it could actually have been an extra random hank that was sent to you accidentally. If that's the case, and, therefore, since I don't know what kind of hair it was, the weight is really not an arguable point because different types of hair have different densities. If it did have a "free gift" sticker on it, however, then it was probably a nylon MLP hank if that's what you ordered a lot of in the "normal" part of your order, in which case it should definitely have been around the 15-17 grram mark. All of the nylon MLP hanks, even the ones given away as free gifts, are within that weight range. Therefore, if it did, indeed, weigh only 4 grams, then I have to assume that it was something else.

I don't really understand why this was an issue for a public forum. I would have been happy to rectify the issue with you through email.

Post Merge: July 09, 2013, 12:19:00 PM

Something similar happened to me but my package was damaged in the mail. It got caught up in the rollers and destroyed several of the hanks. Tina got back to me quickly and she did replace them even though it wasn't her fault and she wasn't really obligated to do so. So, I'd say don't give up on a happy and peaceful resolution. :)

I didn't think about the actual mail rollers at the post. Those things are TERRIBLE about ruining things in flat envelopes... it could be the case for those.

Seconding the fact that it's lame you got 6 hanks of diarrhea brown... :huh: (okay, lol it's not that bad, but kinda looks like it since it's all frizzed up!)

Diarrhea brown? LOL, the tangled hank is "golden goddess." It's actually really pretty ;)

I did email you (including my address)! Hours before I even posted this! If you would have read the email you have known that even only asked for 4 replacements instead of all 6 (because I DID receive 6 unusable hanks) trying to be fair just in case it was a assistant error! I also offered to return all 6 of them if need be.

I posted this after spending two hours trying to salvage one of the nasty hanks, they are 100% UNUSABLE. So as many other members here have agreed I was and still am very frustrated that you would send me such awful product (and NO where does it say that the hanks may be knotted rats nests on your website! It says odd lengths and weird color combos, not unusable tangled hanks!)

As far as that 4g hank goes, not it did not have a free sticker on it none of the hanks were labeled. And yes it was Nylon, but as I did not pay for it I do not care too much that it is severely under weight. 
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
Re: Horrible Quality Hanks from DollyHair
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 04:18:11 PM »
I'm sorry but this is turning into a bit of a witch hunt. A mistake was made and Tina has apologized and offered 6 replacement hanks. I'm not exactly sure what more she can do.
The TS mods have better things to do than calm an angry mob every time Dollyhair makes a mistake. It's getting old and it seems the same few people come out of the woodwork in hopes of inciting some kind of forum riot.
I personally have had enough of this nonsense.

Since the seller has offered a more than reasonable solution to this situation we will consider the matter closed.
LittleKirara, if this has not been resolved within the next few weeks please PM one of our TS mods to have this thread reopened so you can update everyone on your situation.
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal