collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay sucks for sellers  (Read 1754 times)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Ebay sucks for sellers
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:23:18 AM »
so i am banned from selling outside of my country (austria).

i have 100% positive feedback and 5 stars in ALL categoires. (you can see my feedback here: http://feedback.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=deukalischeflut&ftab=AllFeedback)

why am i banned?

i sold 1 item to the UK and the buyer gave me a bad STAR RATING (not a negative feedback, just a 2 star rating for the shipping costs).

i cant do anything about our horrid shipping costs. i just take what it costs me to ship and i even take LESS to ship to the USA because the costs are so high.

because i sold just 1 item, my average rating is bad now and i am banned from shipping to UK AND ALL other countries! i dont know why, because i have excellent ratings for USA and the rest of the world! i even contacted ebay about that and the lady on the phone told me that i cant do anything about it, i just have to wait until the bad rating is no longer in the average-calculation. she event couldnt tell me how long it would take until i can sell again.  -_-

and the best is: i cant raise my rating in the UK as i am not allowed to sell to UK!  :mad:

so ebay really sucks for sellers sometimes!  >_<

thanks for reading. just ranting.
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay sucks for sellers
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 01:37:00 AM »
That's awful! Ebay is getting really bad for sellers. It makes me afraid to sell anything on ebay >_< I hope you're able to straighten out your account. If you even still want an ebay account XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 01:43:17 AM »
Yikes. I thought it was bad for buyers but that is far worse.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:36:31 AM »
Aw, that sucks!!  I'm sorry.  Well, sell your ponies here so you won't have to deal with it and won't have to pay high fees.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 06:32:12 AM »
I HATE those ebay "stars". Two years ago I had some issues with it, because I sold a lot at that time and could only ship once a week, because I have a job and a lot of work to do. I clearly stated that in EVERY single auction, but I got many bad ratings for shipping time even if it wasn't my fault. So the amount of auctions I could start was limited by ebay -.-
Buyers often don't think about it and give bad star ratings, they do not know how this affects the seller -.- I didn't sell on ebay for a long time now because ebay is getting worse. They don't want private sellers anymore, they want to become a second amazon (that's an official statement ebay made!)
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 07:05:41 AM »
wow, that is so horrible! I don't even know what to say but that ebay is getting more despicable by the day!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 07:26:01 AM »
They don't want private sellers anymore, they want to become a second amazon (that's an official statement ebay made!)

what the??? really? this sucks!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 07:56:29 AM »
Yes, those stars are nothing but BS. In fact, their rating system is BS. Especially for sellers who can't even leave negative feedback! It never used to be like that.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 07:59:22 AM »
Wow- that sucks!  The seller fees are terrible too-  It's true they don't want little sellers-  the sellers of ponies and dolls and things don't bring in much money for them and take up space :(

But they should realize that THAT is what brings people to ebay in the first place.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 08:30:33 AM »
Here is something you can try- make a complaint with the BBB. Ebay is known to fix any reports with them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »
I was thinking also you might want to dispute the 2 star rating?  Can you get someone on the phone?

Can you show that the price you charged for shipping was the actual shipping price?  It seems odd they would exclude you from selling for one random and unfair low star rating for shipping  :huh:

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
Here is something you can try- make a complaint with the BBB. Ebay is known to fix any reports with them.

BBB? :D whats that?

I was thinking also you might want to dispute the 2 star rating?  Can you get someone on the phone?

Can you show that the price you charged for shipping was the actual shipping price?  It seems odd they would exclude you from selling for one random and unfair low star rating for shipping  :huh:

i dont know who gave me the 2 stars i just can see the bad ranking it in the seller rating overview  -_-
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:20:14 PM by zora »

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 01:45:01 PM »
Yeah, the star ratings on eBay are a load of *foul word I can't use on the Arena*. I'm banned from free listing weekends because I had a handful of impatient dimwit buyers over Christmas who left low star ratings for no reason. All it takes is one stupid buyer (and eBay is full of them) to rain on your parade and eBay won't do anything about it.

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. :( Personally I would keep pestering eBay.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

thekozmicpig

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »

BBB? :D whats that?

Better Business Bureau.

I don't know if it would work, because they are a North American company (non-govt affiliated) and while ebay is U.S. based, you are in Austria, and they may not battle for you.

Is there an Austrian marketplace oversight equivalent that you can ask?

(I am not good with Austria stuff. I know the difference between it and Australia though, so at least I got that going for me:p)

jaybell

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »
I'm sorry that sucks! I just started selling on ebay and I have to wait until June 30th to get the money from my first sale which the buyer already has the item and left positive feedback but apparently they are STILL going to hold onto my money. those jerks. :-/  I'm sorry they left bad feedback for something like that international shipping is obviously going to be high! duh!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal