collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena sellers- what gives?  (Read 894 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Arena sellers- what gives?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 07:40:21 AM »
I am the exact same way AS. I check my phone and then forget  :blush: Sometimes I need an extra poke.

But I know what you mean Eternia. I usually send a follow up message a few days later. And if I do not hear back then I assume it is sold and move on. It's still annoying though. Because it would only take a quick sec. to update your sales page or send a quick note back saying it is sold. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:18 AM »
I am guilty of that too ponylady.

I always try to answer my pm's in a timely matter. Even if the pony is sold, I will still contact the person to at least let them know, instead of completely ignoring their pm.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 09:28:10 AM »
I sent a message to a member here a few days ago about buying something. The message shows as read, but I haven't heard anything back. It's frustrating because I really want the item, but I also don't want to keep sending them PMs and bugging them because then they might not sell to me because of that. Since I don't have an eBay account, (I can't get one, long story) I can't simply go find the item there and it doesn't come up for sale here too often and I don't want to miss out. I really don't understand the point of having items listed for sale, but then not responding to people who want to buy them.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 10:12:01 AM »
I guess I'll send another pm....I know when I sell here, I always reply immediately. Unless they have given me a zipcode, then I go calculate shipping and then reply.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 06:59:14 AM »
It's the same for me! It's a major disappointment as I spend te day searching through the sales thread for ponies, and throughout the night I just can't wait to get a response.

Lets say I see a FF Minty for a knockout price or Windy in awesome condition, I just can't sleep, and would wake up several times during the night to check my phone for a new PM.

But sometimes, they don't reply. And that's a lot of sleep wasted :(

If you're wondering why I'm sleeping, different timezone :P
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »
I know with my own sales I miss people in occasion. I check in on sites sometimes on my phone and read messages, but I hate replying from my phone. I actually usually only get on my pc anymore a few days a week. Sometimes by then I forget.

I'm not saying you apy to this next part since I'm sure you know what you're doing. I get lots of people sendin Pm's asking me to do things I clearly do not do in my selling terms. I typically ignore those people. Sometimes I get messages from people with bad buyer track records, and I'm slow to responding since telling them no in a nice way is difficult.

I don't think that's the issue though probably just busy people. Hopefully they get back to you but I not always more ponies elsewhere.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »
This is irritating me too. I asked for a postage quote and I haven't had a reply to a PM or an email... I really want the items too, for a swap. Aargh!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 01:44:13 PM »
As a seller, I always respond to my PMs. But I have the opposite problem of having buyers who post looking for specific ponies who don't respond to my PMs. That's why I started selling on eBay.

Yup, I have this problem too. 

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 06:00:58 AM »
Yeah... it's such a pain! Like I said on the Girly Swap thread I PMed three different people about ponies for the swap and to this day none of them have replied to me. Now that's super bad luck! No worries now as I've gotten all my ponies off ebay but I really like buying off the Arena as I feel like I'm helping out fellow members and I know where my ponies are coming from which is not the case with the cruel world of ebay :D

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 07:17:18 AM »
I know when I had several things for sale on the arena once, I was getting pounded with PM's.  I was missing a few and it was hard for me to keep up with for a minute there. I may have missed someone just because of how many pms I had. I would open one and read it and think, "okay I already have an offer on that pony, I will put this person on a waiting list."  I would try very hard to reply, but I am sure there might have been one person that fell through the cracks.  When more than one person offers on a pony, yet the pony hasn't been paid for it creates a waiting period.  Anyone can get overwhelmed.  I would suggest writing one more time.  Quite possibly it could be that they read it and said, "ok I need to write them back" but ... they have a house full of company or they are out on the road and can't deal with the issue right then.  Sadly, they may forget with the chaos in their life.  This has happened to me.  I usually get back to it though as I am overly responsible with everything in life.

There are so many reasons this could happen. I like to think of the arena members as just human and rarely nasty enough to ignore a sale until proven guilty lol.  It just can't be personal if you have a long history of buying here and plenty of excellent feedback.

Post Merge: April 29, 2013, 07:21:09 AM

This is irritating me too. I asked for a postage quote and I haven't had a reply to a PM or an email... I really want the items too, for a swap. Aargh!

This has happened to me and I usually write them back and state that I don't have much time to wait so if they could get that quote to me by a certain date otherwise I will buy from someone else because, I am in a swap and don't have a lot of waiting time.  Sellers have put me off for too many days. Some people just have very laid back personalities and don't see the urgency to finish a sale in like 2 hours.  For me, I want to get the sale done quick and that pony out the door.  Others are like Meh....I will eventually get to this.  The problem is that kind of attitude is not helpful to someone buying for a swap.  Its not that these sellers are trying to be a problem, they just have a lot going on in their life and can't always get to things as fast as we would like.

Also very important: Remember some people are on different time zones and they are in bed when you are awake trying to buy a pony.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:23:24 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal