collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warning about ebay person *girl2448*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Warning about ebay person *girl2448*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:54:27 AM »
Hey guys.. I have been auctioning off some stuff, among it all are a few lots of bait ponies. Most are about 8 ponies to a lot, but one has 20, and some might be 10 or so. Anyway.. Im just a little bit worried...

Two people are bidding on all 5 of my bait lots.. One bidder joined ebay only on Feb 8th. She's winning 4 of the 5 auctions.. She has 10 feedback, all positive, and I have ebay set to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid items within the last month or two.. So she must not have had anyone file a claim against her.. But currently her winning total will be something like $133 + Shipping costs for like 44 ponies, give or take a few. One might even be a gigantic styling G3.

It just seems so dubious. I mean, The other bidder has way better feedback, and doesn't seem to be fighting to win anymore.. But I guess Im just really uneasy with a brand new ebayer, who has already been buying this month, bidding up all of my auctions.. Im so worried they won't pay, and I'll be screwed out of selling the items since she bid it up so high for the other person.

Is there any website that will let me put in a buyers ID, and let me look and see if they are bidding on many other things? I think If I could know she wasn't bidding on a lot of other stuff, I would feel better.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Suspicious bidding...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:23:48 AM »
I understand your concern.  Just because someone has less feedback doesn't mean they can't pay for their auctions.  I use to have over2000 feedback with my old ebay account.  Sadly I had to close it because someone would not stop bothering me thru the message system.  It was a huge mess and that person was only banned after I closed my account.  I started a new one because ebay would not transfer my account without linking my old name to the new account. I had to start all over and would have been hurt if someone assumed I didn't know how to handle my bidding just because I was new.

You don't know anything about this buyer.  You could be right, but then again it may all be fine too.  I have sold on ebay for years.  I have had problems with all sorts of bidders..but the worst has been zero feedback bidders...I have done fine with lower feedback members.  I try not to list too many things at once to avoid one bidder buying everything..I usually only sell 3 or 4 things.  I also feel overwhelmed by shipping tons of stuff at once.  I could never deal with a store.

Lets hope all will be fine.. the other bidder may not want to get sucked into a bidding war and may bid at the end.  That way they avoid paying more trying to keep up. Then again a few new bidders may bid at the end.  High bids can be a problem as you fear but they also could be trying to win something they have to have no matterthe price.  I have done this before myself.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:36:19 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:23:51 AM »
If you go to ebay's advanced search and click on 'by bidder' on your left, enter the user ID That should bring up her current bidding history.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 08:28:23 AM »
Well, not necessarily. years ago my BF at the time made an ebay account, we were new to buying on ebay, but I'd done a lot of watching. I noticed it was smarter to be patient and buy multiples at once from the same person if possible. The first thing purchased was for me, a lot auction of six MOC ponies, then 12 MOC ponies, then a couple large lots with playsets and accessories. his first feedbacks were for higher priced items.  My personal ebay account, first buy was a $1000 auction (the guy was happy I paid, the 2nd bidder wrote me a nasty e-mail thinking I was a troll). But I sort of always try and wait and buy a bunch at once from the same seller, or wait for something "worth my while" to end up on ebay rather then buying little things here or there. If you didn't have your account settings to remove those with unpaid item strikes I'd be far more concerned about them being a NPB. As was mentioned you can also look up and see their bidding history as well. :)

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Suspicious bidding...
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:37:47 AM »
Thanks guys :) yeah. Everything about the bids tells me to feel safe except for them being so darn new.

I'm sure things will turn out ok. I think one reason I feel uneasy is that this is the third time or so relisting these. So it's odd for them to have people fighting over them now.

Gift horses and such.  I'll stop looking!

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »
I'd be more suspicious if she were bidding on all of them and and had zero feedback.

I have something along the lines of 45 feedback on ebay.  However, I haven't used my account in a couple of years, then all of the sudden, I started using it again. Doesn't that count as suspicious as well?

The problem is (if you can call it a problem) is we were all new once.  Yes, we have the crazies that start up ebay accounts just to fool with people and don't pay for items they won, or string sellers along (people don't have enough to do apparently!) but I think for the most part, we have to give benefit of the doubt.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:33:44 AM »
I always try to win multiple lots from a seller to cut down on postage, I guess you will just have to see what happens?

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
i wouldnt worry too much about it, a while ago when i was selling off all of my DnD minis i had a LOT of low FB bidders wiping out everything id list, but never had any problems with them. theyd be dropping a coupld hundred bucks at a shot. just wait til you see the funds in your paypal before shipping and it should be fine. everyone has to start somewhere =]

my most stressful transaction was with someone who i was messaging off ebay (theyd bought a few of my lots) who wanted to buy EVERYTHING i had left... were talking over 3 grand of merch... i was so worried they were gonna scam me, but it was legit and they were actually super friendly. so im sure this person isnt gonna give you the run around. =]

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
I also wouldn't worry too much about it. They may just have a lot of money to spend and opened up an eBay account as an outlet to blow it all!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 01:24:19 AM »
two words for you that could explain this:  tax return. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 03:02:17 AM »
If you go to ebay's advanced search and click on 'by bidder' on your left, enter the user ID That should bring up her current bidding history.

:nod: yes you could try this if you want more peace of mind, but I dont think you need to worry at this stage :)  Hopefully everything will be fine and the buyer will pay up.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 03:43:06 AM »
My husband mentioned the tax return thing also. It honestly didn't cross my mind, but it explains things a lot better! :) Or rather, it eases my mind more. Thank you for the encouragement to help me stay optimistic!

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 09:51:28 AM »
:hug:

heres hopin all goes well =]

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »
I would not worry to much about it. This is the time of year when people are spending alot more on things.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »
Keep us posted on how this turns out.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal