collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TIME WASTER.....Ebay-er crystaldrake????  (Read 1439 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: TIME WASTER.....Ebay-er crystaldrake????
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 06:08:36 AM »
Thanks for all your support... I like a good bargain too, but I would only low ball a pony by about $5, but at least take into consideration a FREE shipping option!

Sure some of my ponies I had listed might be over priced, but the actual cost of selling on e-Bay is practically $3-5 a pony (on a $12 pony)...

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:29 AM »
Hopefully she simply doesn't understand the method the pro resellers use, stalk ebay and thrifts/fleamarkets for larger lots or collections sold by non-collectors who are only looking to flip a box of ponies as-is for a bit of profit. Other then things I've upgraded out of my collection, this is how I find the ponies I've resold.

I still manage to find and win nice lots on ebay easily enough with non-baits that work out to $3 or so per pony after shipping.  ;) They're usually not clean when they arrive and have messy hair but a little soap, conditioner and water takes care of that. Of course, after I've invested my time, bought cleaning supplies, shipping supplies and used enough hot water to up my gas bill like you I cannot sell them again for $2 with free shipping. And I don't even have to deal with the ebay fees involved.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
Nothing wrong with cleaning ponies up, or re-selling, but it's a fair game on Ebay for the highest bid.  Low-balling en masse is inappropriate - especially when it's aimed at a regular MLP Ebay seller!

It would be wonderful if she did come to this thread and read a little bit about how she could interact with the community on a more positive note!  :) 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
I'll be the first to admit I've also made some newbie re-selling mistakes, but I have learned a lot about the right and wrong way to do things, and I have taken what I've learned on board.  I certainly don't want to upset buyers by doing things the wrong way.  This forum is a great resource for that sort of thing, and is constantly helping me to be a better buyer as well as seller.  I think you handled the situation well, and thanks for alerting us to this person and what she is doing. 

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 01:38:20 PM »
That just sounds rude to me. Gah that would annoy me so much.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 02:30:01 PM »
Awhile ago I was buying cheap, less than perfect ponies to model pony wear in my collection. I bought 2 from her & they sold for $1.80 & $2.10 (plus shipping). They arrived in beautiful condition (I'd actually say they turned out to be Near Mint, even though I wasn't sure of their condition from the auction pics) & the envelope was decorated with hearts, stars, & rainbows that looked like they were drawn by a child. So from my experience, I think the "mommy & daughter project" is absolutely true.

As far as the low "best offers", I think she's just confused about how resellers do things. I honestly don't think she has any ill-intentions.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 02:32:48 PM »
Awhile ago I was buying cheap, less than perfect ponies to model pony wear in my collection. I bought 2 from her & they sold for $1.80 & $2.10 (plus shipping). They arrived in beautiful condition (I'd actually say they turned out to be Near Mint, even though I wasn't sure of their condition from the auction pics) & the envelope was decorated with hearts, stars, & rainbows that looked like they were drawn by a child. So from my experience, I think the "mommy & daughter project" is absolutely true.

As far as the low "best offers", I think she's just confused about how resellers do things. I honestly don't think she has any ill-intentions.

Thanks for your perspective, kitkatvintage. :)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 02:47:20 PM »
Someone offered me 7 USD for my G1 NSS Cupcake on ebay, I got so annoyed that I deleted the listing..  :shocked:

wingsinmoonlight

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »
I normally reply to silly low offers with a counteroffer and a note explaning that free shipping, fees, etc still cost me money, so I can't accept below a certain offer. But...I block people who do it in mass like that.And this one I was annoyed enought to write a rather snarky reply to:
Hi,
I would normally just block someone who wasted my time with so many lowball offers. However, since you took the time to write to me, I will at least respond. I buy all of the ponies I resell. Even not counting my shipping, ebay and paypal fees you are literally expecting me to pay you to take my merchandise. This is how I feed my family. It isn't a game, and it is highly annoying to have to deal with totally unreasonable offers. I will never accept an offer that is less than half of the asking prices-and I don't know too many sellers that will. It is a great way to get you blocked. If you want to buy ponies for $2.00 each, you need to buy them in the dirty, unidentified large lots of 50-100 ponies, like I do. Again, why should anyone sell you items for less than they cost the seller? I'm not running a charity for cheap collectors.

Hopefully she got the message. She is on my blocked list at this point.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 06:50:31 AM »
It is comforting to see that I am not the only one that she tried to "cheat", but completely disrespectful...

wingsinmoonlight- Great response, let us know if she bothers to reply.

kitkatvintage- I would guess you bought her childhood ponies based on her introductory post. Then she probably got bit by the "selling" bug and decided to become a pony re-seller since most of the pony things sold more than the Irish items, which is where she makes her profits...

Kimberline- I'm so sorry that she pissed you off enough to have to end your listing, but obviously she urked me enough to even begin this post...

It will be interesting to follow her listings from this point forward.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal