collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beware of this Etsy Seller: Resolved partly  (Read 917 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Beware of this Etsy Seller: Resolved partly
« on: January 07, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
In light of the fact this seller NotSoRecentPieces  put me through so much hassle and stress, refused to send my pony I paid for and just cancelled the transaction...I feel she is a risk to buy from.  She is too worried about scammers to treat customers properly.  While I understand the stress she is under, it is not right to treat people so unprofessionally and accuse them of things they are not doing...leave nasty feedback and refuse to sell to people that are honest buyers before you even ship an item someone has paid for.  I am glad she removed the nasty feedback, but I lost in the end when it came to my purchase. I understand she doesn't have to sell to anyone, but this is just bad business all around.

I can say this I really appreciate her being willing to discuss this with me rationally and I can see that she has been through and lot and sadly...now so have I. Was it fair to me to be dragged into the middle of a huge mess that had nothing to do with me?  All I did was make a purchase, pay for it and in faith thought everything was great.  She can't seem to distinguish between the people that have done harm to her and the people who wanted to purchase her stuff for the right reasons.  I feel her idea of closing her shop last night is a good one, but should she open it again, take it from me....it may end up causing any honest buyer a huge problem and unfair accusations, and verbal assault.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:57:53 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Beware of this Etsy Seller
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:10:46 PM »
Omg..tula, that is awful!!

Did you see this statement on her etsy page?

The owner of NotSoRecentPieces is on vacation.

Due to being the victim of scammers on here by a theft ring of people who do fraudulent chargebacks and then keep the items I shipped and reselling them for extra profit, I will not being selling for awhile or any My Little Pony Items. I was also scammed on Amazon as well.Sellers be aware and buyers be careful your not buying stolen items.

To all my honest wonderful customers I appreciate your business very much and I thank you very much for making this store very special to me so for awhile I sadly say goodbye for now.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/NotSoRecentPieces?ref=search_shop_redirect

I wonder if you just happened to fall into whatever issues she is having with other buyers.  I think she might be on the defense right now. Because it sounds like she was scammed out of quite a bit herself.

:hug: though.  And I guess it maybe something we should all be looking out for if we sell on etsy, Amazon, ebay, etc.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
No I never saw that. When I do a search on etsy for items I purchase the item. If her shop was closed how is it I was able to buy anything from her?  Personally I really don't have a lot of sympathy for someone that is having a problem and leaves me a negative feedback that includes hateful comments just because they are stressed out. What she has done is wrong regardless of what she is going through.  I didn't deserve that at all.  If she wants to cancel the transaction then fine cancel it but don't destroy someone's reputation for no reason. Thats just so awful. >_<

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »
She might have put up the vacation notice after your transaction. I read her feedback she left you and it is pretty terrible . Do you sell ponies on etsy? Even under the stress of being scammed she should not have jumped to conclusions like she did. You are truly a good and reputable person and I know that will win out.  :hug:

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »
What she should have done is check your information to see if you were the same person who scammed her?

And I agree she handled in completely unprofessional.  I wonder if you call etsy and explain what happened, and see if that can be removed.  I wish I could help you more in that department but I am an ebay girl.  And I have only purchased a few times from etsy so I don't really know how there feedback system works.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
I don't know how to call them I can't seem to find a number and I am so upset I am just shaking right now. I am really under a lot of stress and to have someone do something like this really .... I am not handling it well at all.  Its just put me in tears.  I don't sell on Etsy I only buy and I never really sell ponies that much to begin with. I just buy them. This is soooo hurtful.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
Not ok!!  What is wrong with this seller!  Tula, you're just about the sweetest person in the world!  This needs to be resolved, I'll look around on etsy and see what I can come up with for you.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »
There is no way to contact them by phone, I am sorry to say.  You have to email them.  Here is the link:

http://www.etsy.com/help/contact

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
Not ok!!  What is wrong with this seller!  Tula, you're just about the sweetest person in the world!  This needs to be resolved, I'll look around on etsy and see what I can come up with for you.

Thanks I wish the seller knew this about me.  I honestly was buying for myself.  I am so humiliated and still in tears.  Thank you for trying to help me.  I just can't even think right now.  I did email them though thanks Ponylady.  If I can't get it fixed in a couple of days I may just close my account. I can't stand the thought of someone seeing a feedback like that about me.  Its just so awful. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just looked at my account and I actually have proof I have never bought anything from them before ever...so how can they accuse me of this when this was our first transaction? I don't have more than one etsy account. My ebay account would show also that I don't sell ponies much at all.  I buy tons of them for myself and my friends.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:46:31 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Re: Beware of this Etsy Seller: Updated as if it couldn't get worse
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 05:51:02 PM »
If you just buy on etsy, I don't see how a negative feedback can really affect you (assuming you always use paypal).  I mean, I NEVER look at my buyers feedback.  If the money is in my PP account, then I ship the item.  I do keep receipts and do delivery confirmation so they can't claim an item didn't arrive.  She doesn't sound like the average seller (at least, I hope not!), so don't stress too much about it!  You could put a little note in your etsy profile about an incorrect negative feedback and maybe if any one DID have concerns about you, that would put their mind at ease.
Don't let one nasty person get you down! 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 05:55:42 PM »
Hmm, in her reply to you it mentions having negative scam feedback on another site. Has she mentioned the site or the account name or anything? What she did to you was really strange and wrong. I'm just curious if maybe she saw a screen name similar to yours and flipped without really investigating to see if you were the same person or not? I know that's a stretch.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 05:57:35 PM »
Ask her to link you to where she is getting her information.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 06:02:59 PM »
I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I would feel the same way. It sounds like a case of mistaken identity. Can you asked her to send the link of the website that lists you as a scammer?

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 06:10:28 PM »
I have updated the first page as the seller and I have discussed this. I sure hope I get my pony, but its really up to her I guess if she will send it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:36:51 PM by tulagirl »

Offline SunSnail

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Beware of this Etsy Seller: Resolved partly
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 08:14:39 PM »
 :happy: I'm very relieved glad that you and the seller were able to communicate and get the feedback problem resolved!! I know you'd never even think of Considering scamming anyone, so I can understand why the initial feedback was so deeply upsetting. You've been in the MLP community for ages and certainly never done anything wrong in your transactions. I hope the seller does decide to sell the pony to you, since I know you'd love to have that pony-- plus the seller could have an honest sale and make back some of the money she's lost to the scammers  :)
Happily Trading Ponies since 2003!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal