collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Inappropriate feedback: what to do?  (Read 2312 times)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Inappropriate feedback: what to do?
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:43:32 AM »
I've been given a neutral feedback which i doesn't make any sence to me. I clicked 'report' button, but wanted to know what could been done about it. I'm not gonna message the feedback leaver about it, i already said her my opinions, so it looks like she's in another statement.

What to do here? I'm really not happy about this and feel like this seller is only 'getting back at me for leaving her a neutral'.

Sigh.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Inappropriate feedback: what to do?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 07:52:38 AM »
Did you contact them about yours before leaving neutral yourself?  Accurate feedback is important and if you were dissatisfied, contacted her about the problem, and decided to leave neutral I think that is totally warranted. Leaving a neutral in response to a neutral isn't appropriate.  A neutral with a 'she was unhappy with what she got' doesn't really work.

Edited: After reading the feedback.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:55:03 AM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline hokuspokus

• Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 08:01:18 AM »
Did you contact them about yours before leaving neutral yourself?  Accurate feedback is important and if you were dissatisfied, contacted her about the problem, and decided to leave neutral I think that is totally warranted. Leaving a neutral in response to a neutral isn't appropriate.  A neutral with a 'she was unhappy with what she got' doesn't really work.

Edited: After reading the feedback.

Yep, i told her i wasn't really happy with an unexpected flaw and asked her please, in the future, to give more detailed descriptions.
She still said i should have asked and i could do that in the future (thuss ignoring my polite advice & keep the problem with me instead of thinking about her own actions).
Agree to disagree? But as a seller you need to take some responsibility. TLC descriptions are cute for little flaws, not for flaws that are irremoveable.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:19:12 AM »
I think any permanent, noticeable flaws should be listed or photographed because they effect the value of the purchase pretty significantly.  TLC to me means it needs cleaned up but no extensive restoration.  So I personally agree.

Offline hokuspokus

• Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:22:27 AM »
TLC to me means it needs cleaned up but no extensive restoration.  So I personally agree.

That's exactly what i thought. Thanks for your reply's and understanding, means alot. I can get really insecure about such issues.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
Thanks Sarah for trying to help.

I am sorry Hokus that you feel you have received unwarrented neutral feedback. I see that you have already been in contact with your seller over your concerns.  But was there any mention of a way to resolve the situation, such as a return or a partial before feedback was left?

I know everyone has there own interpretation of TLC, so it's always important to ask questions.  And it is also very important for the seller to provide a detailed description of all flaws even if they do consider it TLC.

It's an unfortunate situation and I suggest that maybe the two of you come to some kind of agreement.  Then the both of you can resubmit feedback for each other and the previous be deleted.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 11:20:47 AM »
I know everyone has there own interpretation of TLC, so it's always important to ask questions.  And it is also very important for the seller to provide a detailed description of all flaws even if they do consider it TLC.

I have to say that I agree since my idea of a TLC item is a far cry than what was mentioned here. Personally, TLC is garbage to me. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this but to me it means expect any problem and if you don't like problems don't purchase this item.

For instance, I have some bait pony lots up and I have a list of flaws but not exact flaws. I can't put up 5 ponies for sale and explain every little flaw. Especially when you have so many others you need to list. However, even though I have something similar to "These ponies are in bait condition and have a variation of flaws. This may include hair cuts, marks, scratches..." I still get people asking if the ponies have marks. It's a little odd. I understand if they want to know something pacific about a particular pony but when they just ask "Do these ponies have any marks?" when the photo shows extremely dirty ponies I can't help but wonder if they even read the auction.

It's hard to get a feel for an auction though unless you see it. So maybe nicer ponies were to be expected. I don't know. I just know that when I see the words "tlc" for something I move on cause I don't like to collect flawed items for most things.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 11:35:24 AM »
I would like to keep this on topic please.  I understand you are having your own issues RPB and if so then you need to start your own thread.  It causes much confusion for what the actual topic is, which is the OP concerns. Thank you  :)

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hokuspokus

• Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »

I have to say that I agree since my idea of a TLC item is a far cry than what was mentioned here. Personally, TLC is garbage to me. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this but to me it means expect any problem and if you don't like problems don't purchase this item.

Hm, okay so descriptions can be very unclear(?) Seems like an opposit world to me. And i still don't agree with it; sellers need to take responsibility for the stuff they sell. I really don't like to hear how vague seller (apparantly) can be. And blaming the buyer for it. I'm not even the picky collector who makes drama about everything.

Kinda disappointed in the terms around here. Very vague, definitely not agree that it's the buyer's (in this case me) fault for not asking. Seriously, come on.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:33 PM »
I think you are missing the point, that is why I asked the topic to stay on track.

I am in noway saying what happened is right. But I also asked if there was any discussion of some sort of resolution before feedback was left.  That is what is important, no matter what.

And your right sellers do need to take responsibility as I previously mentioned,  I will quote myself on this one, please refer to the second sentence:

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »
I think it also comes partially to traders etiquette question. 

What are a sellers responsibilities? (I'm sure it's very variable)
1. Describe item accurately
2. Allow for reasonable time and method for payment
3. Ship at agreed upon time
4. Package item appropriately
5. Handle any disputes

What are a buyers responsibilities?
1. Communicate through the price negotiation process
2. Ask questions about things that are unclear
2. Pay quickly and within the requested method
3. Let seller know when item arrives
4. Handle any disputes

I personally believe any flaws that will negatively effect the monetary value of the pony should be mentioned outright if the pony is not advertised as bait because you might not pay as much for a pony with no hair/no symbol/a missing ear/etc.  In addition, if the person isn't willing to handle a refund and return or a partial even though there was a miscommunication about condition, I think neutral is warranted because even though you are trying to fullfill your obligations as a buyer they are not fullfilling theirs as a seller.

That being said misunderstanding happen.  You are both reputable traders with high positive counts.  So I know you are both very good buyers and sellers.  I am sure a resolution can be reached. ^^

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 02:59:43 PM »
Again thank you Sarah  :)

But the issue lies in the question of the OP's original question, "What can be done about retaliatory feedback?"

I suggest that you contact your seller again and try to reach a suitable agreement.  It could be a return or a partial, what ever suits you both.  Then the both of you can resubmit feedback for each other and the previous be deleted. 

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »
Again thank you Sarah  :)

But the issue lies in the question of the OP's original question, "What can be done about retaliatory feedback?"

I suggest that you contact your seller again and try to reach a suitable agreement.  It could be a return or a partial, what ever suits you both.  Then the both of you can resubmit feedback for each other and the previous be deleted. 

I completely understand what you are saying Ponylady and I understand you are a mod and you have extensive experience with these types of issues.  I suppose my question here is feedback extortion.  Isn't it unlikely that this seller can offer positive rated service at this point?  Even if she did change her mind and offer to let her refund and return... in exchange for positive feedback... well it's still been a hassle and a negative experience for our buyer.  Even if she ends up only out shipping it won't change the fact that the transaction itself was flawed in such a way that left her feeling this person wouldn't work with her and she would not recommend them for future transactions with others.  Isn't it more likely the seller will agree to pull the feedback and offer a refund only in exchange for positive feedback and therefore completely negate the point of the feedback system which is to illustrate unsatisfactory purchases to warn others?

If this neutral is being used to retaliate against our buyer who did fullfill their requirements and if the seller only works out some sort of peaceable agreement in exchange for positive feedback... well that's not really worth positive feedback is it?

Edit: I am not trying to argue here.  I respect your decision.  I just want to point out we often have a lack of appropriate feedback here on the Arena and I think it might be partially due to a fear or retaliatory feedback.  I know the seller here is a well respected member and I don't mean to cause them offense.  I am just trying to work it out in my own mind.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:27:58 PM by Sarahlacewing »

Offline hokuspokus

• Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »
It's really late over here, so i'm gonna give a reply tomorrow.

Just wanted to come here to say, like Sarah also did, i am not trying to give this seller a bad name, she has very good feedback and i don't want to say she's untrustable. I just want to share my (neutral) experience, because if things always stay quiet, nobody knows about it. I am trying to honestly describe a situation, the seller must be a very nice person, but the feedback left on my account doesn't make sence to me. It's just a reaction to the feedback i've left in the first place (as it looks). If the feedback system works this way, nobody will dare to speak up, because they'll get the same response back. Sorry, this is my honest opinion.

Not trying to create major problems!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
Hokus please understand that I have to remain neutral until both sides of the story are looked at.  We do not just change feedback because someone feels they did not deserve it.   I know you reported it but you needed to contact a Mod to look into the situation. 

I am not going to argue the situation any longer, I have been looking into this for hours.  I suggest you contact Ringlets or I and we can further assist you.  :)

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal