collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about Paypal e-checks NEED ADVICE ON PAGE 2  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Question about Paypal e-checks NEED ADVICE ON PAGE 2
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »
I was selling some non pony stuff on ebay in June. A guy sent me a message and asks if he wins my items if he can pay on July 3rd (the auction ended June 20th) I said that was fine since he had 100% positive feedback. He paid with an e-check on July 3rd and it said "pending until July 9th" on my Paypal account. So I checked back today and now it says "pending until July 20th". Whhhhattt? E-checks aren't supposed to take that long, are they? It says it takes 3-5 days for it to clear so I don't understand this. I've never dealt with an e-check before, can someone please explain this? This is taking long than a paper check! And the amount owed is almost $90 so I was kinda needing it today :(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:14:20 AM by Shenanigans »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Question about Paypal e-checks
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:28:40 AM »
No idea, but sometimes a phone call to PayPal can get them to release money sooner if the holdup is on their end. If its from his bank he may have not had enough to cover it and it's taking longer to retry to charge?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:05:14 AM »
I am pretty sure with an e-check PayPal sends the request to his bank immediately. It can then take up to 4 business days for the electronic funds transfer to be completed thus giving you the pending till July 9th date.

But if his bank initially declines the electronic funds transfer, the payment may be delayed for up to an additional 7 business days or more. So it sounds like his bank declined it and Paypal is sending it back through.

Hopefully it will go through for you!  Also maybe you could email your buyer and ask what happened, as you were needing the money.  Plus you already agreed to give him extra time on payment and now you are having to wait even longer  :(

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:25:31 AM »
But if his bank initially declines the electronic funds transfer, the payment may be delayed for up to an additional 7 business days or more. So it sounds like his bank declined it and Paypal is sending it back through.

Yes this is what I would suspect is going on. If the date changes again, it's because they've tried to extract the funds from the account a second time and the account just doesn't have enough money to cover it. Paypal will keep trying, but if the buyer doesn't deposit funds into the account then it's kind of a lost cause. You may want to contact eBay to see if there's any way they can help you, but ultimately the buyer is the only person who can fix the bank issue by putting some money in his account.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:30:34 PM »
Woah, this guy sounds like a pain. I don't know what the deal is either but hopefully you get it sorted out.

I agree that it sounds like paypal tried to take the money out and failed and is now trying again.

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 01:01:05 AM »
Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking too. I got an email from Paypal saying "an e-check payment was declined by the sender's bank." I sent him a message and he said he didn't know why that happened because he has money in his account. I've been having so many bad experiences with ebay buyers lately that I just don't know if I believe him :/
My Wish List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »
What a pain! if there was money in his account then why would the bank decline the payment?.. :huh:  he may be telling the truth, but I know what you mean about being unsure whether to believe him - especially with the dodgy buyers on ebay lately :yikes: Asking him to contact his bank and find out whats going on, and then contacting ebay about the situation is prolly the best way to go. You dont want this person to mess you about any longer if he is not genuine :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 09:51:58 PM »
It's really frustrating. Ebay used to be so fun... not so much anymore :( I'm still waiting on his reply, hopefully everything turns out ok :yikes:
My Wish List

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 06:08:03 AM »
Well, I finally heard back from him. He told me he had the money in his account, but the bank says he's $400 overdrawn and froze his account. He said he's getting a new bank account with a different bank and he gets his social security check on August 3rd and asked if he can mail me a money order.

Ugh! Somehow I just don't believe him. I don't think the bank would tell him he's $400 overdrawn for no reason. It'll be almost a month and a half since the auction ended. If he doesn't go through with it on the 3rd then I'm relisting. I think I've been patient long enough :(
My Wish List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Paypal e-checks - Updated
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 06:17:43 AM »
Honestly, I wouldn't even wait till then.  It has been long and drawn out already.

I also would not except the Money Order by any means.  If for some crazy reason (which wouldn't surprise me) this guy can file a claim against you for item not received and you will not be covered by Ebay.

I would file an unpaid item dispute so that you get your fees back and be done with it.  I think this guy is stringing you along and it may end in disaster.  In which I mean you could be out the item and your money in the end.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
I also would not except the Money Order by any means.  If for some crazy reason (which wouldn't surprise me) this guy can file a claim against you for item not received and you will not be covered by Ebay.

Agreed  with this, also it's very easy to fake a money order, and if you try to cash a fake you could end up with your own bank account frozen :/ I learned this one the hard way!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »
I wouldnt risk the money order, there is too much potential for problems, plus you've been waiting for long enough :yikes: .  I would open a NPB case on ebay as the others suggested ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 06:39:41 PM »

Agreed  with this, also it's very easy to fake a money order, and if you try to cash a fake you could end up with your own bank account frozen :/ I learned this one the hard way!

Really? I never knew those could be faked. I thought those were a secure way of getting money. Dang.

I have taken a few money orders on Ebay (never ever accept a check...never!) with no problems. However, this guy sounds like a time waster. There are a lot of them.

If you feel like it, do some snooping. Look at his feedback and feedback left. Look at his bidding history. See if he sells or paid for anything as of late. See if he has bid retractions. You can get an idea on his personality, reliability AND how much he's spent lately by doing these things.

Or just cancel and move on. You are certainly within your right.

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 07:00:46 AM »
I'm with the group that's telling you to get out while you can.  I don't know if you'll have to get Ebay involved (probably), but at this point, he's not worth the hassle.

And no, you just don't NOT know you're $400 in the hole.  Good for the bank for freezing his account - he obviously has no idea how to keep track of his expenses.  The fact that he's waiting for his social security check means that he's on a limited income, and more than likely his funds will be eaten up by that $400 black hole in his account.  There is no way the bank will just let him close his account and let him get away with their money.

RUN!!!! (and provide his ebay name while you're at it!)
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 07:50:38 AM »
I'm with the group that's telling you to get out while you can.  I don't know if you'll have to get Ebay involved (probably), but at this point, he's not worth the hassle.

And no, you just don't NOT know you're $400 in the hole.  Good for the bank for freezing his account - he obviously has no idea how to keep track of his expenses.  The fact that he's waiting for his social security check means that he's on a limited income, and more than likely his funds will be eaten up by that $400 black hole in his account.  There is no way the bank will just let him close his account and let him get away with their money.

RUN!!!! (and provide his ebay name while you're at it!)
  THIS!  Good luck! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal