collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I LOVE eBay buyers <----- insert sarcasm here  (Read 2996 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
I LOVE eBay buyers <----- insert sarcasm here
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
I'm just flat irritated and cannot help but feel that I may be getting scammed. Sooooo, about two months ago I bought my eldest boy a pair of dance shoes so that he could Zumba with me. Being the space cadet that I can sometimes be I totally did not buy the right size shoe for DANCE shoes (these were a 14 and I ended up buying him a size 19 dance shoe!!!) and sold them a couple of weeks ago to offset the cost of the new shoes. (And am now wishing I had just given them to the younger boy who the shoes fit but had no interest in dancing. XD Oh, 20/20 hindsight, you beeyatch!)
  The buyer contacted me in advance to be sure the shoes would fit him, paid right away and left me positive feedback once he received the shoes. I also left him positive fb and thought that everyone was a happy camper.

Then I got a message on Friday saying the shoes had "fallen apart" in a weeks time. I requested pictures and received these;

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I was appalled! Even though my listing stated "No refunds or returns, item sold As-Is" (they looked brand new when they left my hands) I still refunded him half of the purchase price, thus splitting our losses. He responded saying that he did not consider this to be fair compensation and that I should refund him the entire purchase price.

I filed a report against him for abusing the refund policy (though I'm not entirely if sure he has violated any rules requesting a refund for the entire purchase price) and have requested advise from eBay on what steps to take next as I'm at a loss. As a buyer I totally see where he's coming from, but damn, I paid $35 for them originally, lost ten dollars reselling, refunded him another $12.50 and now he is more or less telling me that I should give them to him since they are damaged.

It's taken all of my restraint not to ask him "What the phoenix were you doing in these shoes????" I could honestly understand old soles crumbling and I have no idea on the actual age of these shoes having purchased them "new without box" on eBay myself, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260996901322
  But the damage on the toes really make me wary; shoes don't do that on their own in a week if only danced in. I can't help but think he had a horrible dance partner who just destroyed his shoes and now he wants me to pay for damages inflicted by his horrible dance partner! :mad:

I honestly don't know what to think and would like to believe him that he is the victim here, but I have had waaaay too much experience with online shoppers to just be so blindly trusting. *sigh*

So, I want opinions: What would you have done? Have I handled this as I should have or should I have gone about it differently? What the hay do you think happened to those shoes????!! :drunk:
Thanks for reading, everypony.

A-aaaand since I'm running around my old stomping grounds here's a Shout-Out to my peeps, Ringlets, and PL!! YO!!!! :tackleglomp: MISS YOU, GALS!!! :lovey:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:00:10 PM by kCherry »

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I LOVE eBay buyers <----- insert sarcasm here
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:18:56 AM »
He's worn them and used them. I'm not sure how them falling apart as he claims is your problem. Tell him to take it up with the manufacturer.

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:53:12 AM »
He's worn them and used them. I'm not sure how them falling apart as he claims is your problem. Tell him to take it up with the manufacturer.

Seriously!!! How could it even remotely be your fault the shoes didnt hold up to his dancing? You didnt make the shoes for gosh sakes!

Sorry you have to deal with such a nightmare of an ebay buyer.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 12:02:07 PM »
 :hug: Cherry!

It sounds to me like he is giving you the run around.  I agree with Yuitsu if he wore them out in two weeks, he needs to take it up with the manufacturer.  It really is not your problem.  And I think you were more than fair giving him a partial refund, although I would have made him return them back to me.

Btw..your pics are not showing for me to see the damage. :(

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 12:28:37 PM »
It definitely sounds like he's trying to take advantage of you! He sounds like one of those people who buy something from the store then uses it up till its worn out and raggedy, then tries to take it back to the store for a full refund. Don't fall for it, he's trying to take you for a ride!!

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
Wait...what??  First of all, I spent YEARS dancing in Capezio shoes and not ever once had a pair degrade on me ever.  I've had pairs that literally lasted me for years.  In fact, I still have the pair of ballet shoes I used when I was in college almost 15 years ago and they are still in good shape.  My daughters are also dancers, and not only have they worn Capezio shoes every dance season, but have 'recycled' them to other younger dancers who can't afford brand new shoes.  If you want my opinion, this guy is trying to pull a 'bait and switch' on you, and the ruined shoes are NOT the same ones you sold him. 

*Ok, so I called the dance studio where my daughter's dance now to ask them about Capezio men's dance shoes.  Their answer:  "For a pair of shoes to degrade so badly, they were probably worn in a non-dance room environment."  Short answer: the guy either worn the dance shoes rock climbing or they aren't the same pair.  No way Capezio shoes fell apart that quickly.  Honestly, I really fail to even see how this is your problem and I wouldn't refund him a single penny.  Does this guy realize that he got a pair of brand new dance shoes for $25?!  New ones on the Capezio website are over $60!! 

Ugh, I am so upset for you hunny, and if I were in this situation, I would file a complaint with eBay, then stop responding to this lunatic.  I can try to find some pictures of my old dance shoes for you if you think it might help your case.   

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 06:39:45 PM »
*huggles Cherry*  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Ugh this guy sounds like a nightmare buyer :yikes:  I would hardly think those shoes would get in such a state (I'm going by the descriptions BTW cos unfortunately I cant see your piccies either) in such a short time, and from normal use. Its not like they are cheap shoes either. I'm thinking the same as michelle :  he did something to damage them, or he switched the shoes for his old worn out pair and is trying to get his new shoes (the ones he bought from you) as a freebie :mad:   I think you were right to let Ebay know about the situation and see what they advise you. I would not give him a full refund cos this buyer seems very dodgy to me

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »
Sorry to hear of this mess, Cherry!  You are TOO NICE to have even offered a partial refund.  It sounds to me like a scam-artist buyer as well.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:01 AM »
  Thanks for the support ponies. I needed it. In retrospect I realize that I should have told him to take a flying leap.

Sorry to hear of this mess, Cherry!  You are TOO NICE to have even offered a partial refund.  It sounds to me like a scam-artist buyer as well.

hee hee It occurred to me just yesterday reading these posts that when I was modding I would have advised someone in my position to not refund him a dime. I really am too nice! LOL Oh well. Good thing I believe in karma. Hopefully it'll come back to me one day in some shape or form. :)

Hopefully I fixed the pictures. Ya'll lemme know if you still can't see 'em.

This was my last response to him and I have not heard back from him since, so hopefully this headache is a part of the past,
  "Any business or store that sells an item "As-Is, No Refunds or Returns" would not have refunded you any money. And I am not a business or even a regular eBay seller. I advise you to better familiarize yourself with your buyers return policy in the future.
I filed with eBay so that they can help to moderate the situation. As stated before, I will await their response and will act accordingly to their decision.
-Cherry"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:02:25 PM by kCherry »

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
What in the heck did he do to those shoes???  :shocked:

It looks like he was riding his bike and used his toes as stoppers instead of the brakes?  Ya know how you did when you were a little kid?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »
It looks like he tore them apart and then hot glued them lol.  Yeah...that's not normal wear and tear, he totally did something awful to those.  I agree with everyone, I wouldn't have given any refund, well at least I say that but I'm a total softie lol.  To do that in a couple weeks tho...I agree with ponylady's reasoning XD

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 08:00:54 PM »
Lol Cherry...  Waaay too nice on this one lol!  To be honest I agree it looks like abnormal wear.  If there is a way you can check to see what else he's bought recently I would not be surprised to see this pair of shoes be another sellers.

It kills me because there are so many great sellers out there who take the fall for a jerk buyer like this...

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
Wow what a jerk! I'm so sorry to hear you had to deal with this lunatic. Even if he was telling the truth, it's not your problem. You didn't build the shoes, just sell them...

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 02:35:15 PM »
I've worked in shoes for nine years and those photos tell me A. they were worn on cement and was trying to do ballet, B. tore them apart themselves, C. dog got a hold of it. D. these are not the original shoes and were bought at a cheap 9.99 shoe store.

Do you have a link to your auction with the original images of the shoes?

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
It really frosts me that these things happen... For one, that people can be so very unreasonable and dishonest. What really gets me is that eBay's policies almost encourage this kind of behavior. :(

As everybody else has said-- You are very kind to have offered any kind of refund, and I think that the buyer should be more than happy with that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal