collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Little help with an ebay purchase? Update: Refund given. Thanks for the help!  (Read 2672 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hi. *waves*

So, I recently won this little lot on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221009249675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1204

(Ended auction, so it should be okay to post the link, right?  :)  )

Anyhow, the seller marked it as shipped yesterday.  Then, they messaged me this afternoon/evening to tell me that s/he mixed up two of the ponies in my lot with someone else's lot.  The seller also said that if I liked the ponies that I end up with, it was okay to keep them and they would talk to the other buyer.

So, what would you do?  Should I wait until the ponies arrive and then figure out what to do?  I'm really after the two princesses in the lot, so I'm hoping those aren't the ones that got mixed up (I could do without the fakies.)  But I would hate to take ponies away from another collector. . .

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:49:29 PM by scarletjul »
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Little help with an ebay purchase?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »
I'd wait til you got it, or ask the seller which got switched.  If it IS the princesses, tell the seller you want them, and they'll need to correct it.  Hopefully they can get you the princesses.  If not, at least refund everything if that's what you want.

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:58:47 AM »
I have to agree with Prismatic. It's their problem for selling ponies thats already sold. :(

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:00:35 AM »
I guess you will have to wait till they get there to know what she screwed up. :(

I looked up her completed listings and she had several other small lots of ponies.  There are none in the lots that I see though that you would possibly want to keep and not get the Princesse's.  If that is what she messed up.  So hopefully it's the fakies.

I honestly don't see where it was ok for her to offer you to keep them though because if I was the other buyer and wanted the ponies I bid on,  I would be ticked.  She should of asked you to go over your package when it arrives and ask you to please send back the mix-up at her expense.  And only after I made sure the other buyer was aware of the mistake and agreed to send your ponies back.  I understand it happens but did she tell the other buyer the same thing "If you like the ponies, you can keep them"  when it could be your Princess's.  Just hypothetical at this point because you won't know what exactly she screwed up till they arrive.  But something to think about.

Please let us know what happens and *crosses fingers* that your Princess's arrive.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »
:crazy:  wow its not ok for the seller to just tell you to keep someone elses ponies , they should try and resolve the mess with all the buyers effected  . Someone could be very upset  .  Lets hope they havent mixed up the princesses  :yikes:  Still, there isnt a lot you can do until the parcel arrives. Let us know what you get in the parcel and we can go  from there :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 07:22:47 AM »
Wow...  I would be very irritated to be the other buyer in this case!  :(  Thanks for passing the info on...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline scarletjul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »
I wasn't comfortable keeping someone else's ponies either. . .

So, I got the package today and it's the two princesses that are missing (and in their place are two ponies I already have.)  :(

How do I go about messaging the seller for a refund?  I have no issue shipping everything back to her now that there's nothing in there I want.  I just don't know how to address the situation.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 01:25:17 PM »
I would simply tell her that these are not what you ordered.  And you thank her for offering to keep what you got but it was the Princesse's you were after.  And is there a way she could possibly locate them and ask the buyer to send them back, if she can't then tell her you would like to return the whole lot for a full refund.

I am sorry it was those that were missing, of course it couldn't be the fakies  :cry:

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »
:sad:  :sad:  :sad:   it had to be the princesses didnt it?! :( 

I would simply tell her that these are not what you ordered.  And you thank her for offering to keep what you got but it was the Princesse's you were after.  And is there a way she could possibly locate them and ask the buyer to send them back, if she can't then tell her you would like to return the whole lot for a full refund.

this is what I would do as well ^^   :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline scarletjul

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 09:31:52 PM »
I messaged the seller right after I received the package to tell her that I didn't want the ponies that I had ended up with and if there was some way she could switch those ponies for the ones I wanted in the auction.  So far, she hasn't replied.

Hopefully, she'll be able to fix the situation and, if not, I'll be asking for a full refund.  I just hope everything works out.

Thanks for all the help so far!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 02:15:26 AM »
maybe she could just check with the other buyer and if it's ok with them, she could just paypal you each the money to send the ponies to each other? that'd be faster, and less chances for the ponies to get lost in the mail, as long as you and the other buyer are ok with sharing your addresses. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline scarletjul

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
*sigh* Well, I e-mailed the seller on Saturday and so far there's been no response, one way or another.

How long should I give the seller before I message her again?
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 04:05:05 PM »
Well it's Monday night now and I feel it has been ample enough time to respond. :huh:

I think your only choice may be to open an Item Not As Described dispute.  It will get her attention  :)

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline scarletjul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 09:52:46 PM »
So, she finally responded - a one line message stating that the other ponies are with the other buyer.  Yes, I already know that.  I don't understand why she isn't proposing a solution.

Can I just message her and request a full refund if I ship back the ponies?  Should she pay me back for the shipping since she made the mistake and didn't inform me of it until she'd already shipped the items?

I'm rather annoyed at the moment.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 06:03:35 AM »
grrr..that is noway to handle the situation.  She screwed up, not you and she should have been working on getting those ponies back from the other buyer.  It is not "Oh well they are with someone else now."   

But like I stated before if she told you to go ahead and keep what you got when they came, then I am sure she told the other buyer the same.  And when they got their's they where probably like OOOhhh Princess's, I will keep them.

I honestly would open a case and then email her and tell her that you have to cover yourself.  And that you felt her answer to your question was not answered on how to resolve this without doing so.  I only recommend this because she seems like she does not want to try and find a solution and I am not sure you can trust her if you send them back that she will refund you.  If it is taken up through ebay then you will be guaranteed to get your money back.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal