collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (SUNFADING?) My Beloved HT Tall Tails Was Stained By an Overnight Bag! Help! :c  (Read 1244 times)

Lunar Apple

• Trade Count: (0)
My Tall Tails was horribly mauled by an overnight bag. As funny as it sounds, the damage is pretty bad. I can only assume it was the dye in the bag. A few others have small marks, but not nearly as bad. I've tried acetone and even a mild carpet cleaner. >>
(I was desperate. The cleaner didn't even fade it. I only tried it because it's removed misc. stains on things other than carpet.)
Please help. I really need some advice on what to get. It seems like it's seeped into her soft vinyl. I'm devastated because she was mint as the day she was opened before this. Nice hair and all. :c

The spot on her brow is a bright red, just like the evil cherries on my bag.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:47:37 AM by Lunar Apple »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: My Beloved Tall Tails Was Stained By an Overnight Bag! Help! :c
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »
Urgh... I know your pain. I borrowed one of my big sales pony suitcases to take overseas and put my sales ponies in a big duffel bag for the month I was away, and returned to the exact same thing. I did restore one pony (a white G3 though) with repeated treatments of acetone over time. So that might work, however the rest I just sold as bait - there were dozens of them, and I just didn't have the time - it was really disappointing with previously mint G1's & g3's, too. I daresay sunfading would be your next best option.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:21:46 PM »
I know the feeling. I had an Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) doll and her dress, which is very old, leaked onto her. I got most of it off with acetone, but her lipstick is gone and her nose still has a dark spot.  :cry: A shame because the dolls are super expensive.
Since you tried that, I really have no idea. Maybe whatever you find can help in my case, though.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Lunar Apple

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
What's the best way to sunfade? I've never tried it before.
Also, if anyone else has any ideas. Dx
If nothing else works I may customize her. ><
I don't want to though, because of that hair and how nice the rest of her body is.

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 04:34:31 PM »
Try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »
I had a plastic Squirtle (pokemon) get massive staining from the inside of a backpack one. Funnily enough, I brought a load of Pokemon with me, and only he was affected. He now sports half of a black moustache.  :lol:

Sunfading is easy, but time consuming. Basically, you cover the whole pony except for the stains you want to remove, then stick the pony in the sun. It'll be especially easy for your pony, since there don't seem to be any stains on the eyes or symbols! I like to use painters tape to cover the areas directly next to the stains, then you can just cover the rest with some towels or something. The whole process, sadly, takes weeks or months, especially with dark stains like those. :(
http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/body.html#StainRemoval
I'll put something here some time

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 05:32:54 PM »
It would be a shame to customize her, considering she just needs sunfading and some patience. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SwiftStar84

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »
She's yellow have you thought about trying the clearasil treatment? It tends to work on yellow G1s but test her hoof first to make sure it won't discolor her.
PROUD MY LITTLE PONY DADDY! I LOVE ALL GENS OF MLP!
Seeking Mia and Me Unicorns(the big ones) and Fantasy Filly Princess Kayla and Shayna!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 09:41:40 PM »
I had this happen to some ponies once, too. Magic eraser won't work. Sunfading is probably the only thing that will. As mentioned it's super easy, it just takes patience. There is no need to bait over something so minor and fixable...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 09:58:13 PM »
She's yellow have you thought about trying the clearasil treatment? It tends to work on yellow G1s but test her hoof first to make sure it won't discolor her.

Eeeeek no!  Don't put Clearsil or the like on ponies, it tends to continue working over the years and they get white splotches! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Lunar Apple

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 12:07:32 AM »
I think I'll go with the sunfading treatment. I don't wanna bait her. She's one of my favorites and I pined after her for ages. Her tail mechanism even works. Thanks guys. <3

Btw, I live in Virginia and the sun isn't TOO terrible here most days. Do you think she'd melt since she's soft? I'm going to put layers of white material over her so she doesn't get too hot.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:30:32 AM by Lunar Apple »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Nah, she wont melt. I sunfade here, and if a pony was gonna melt, it would be here, lol!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Vinyl has a melting temperature of well over 100C, so unless the place you put her routinely boils water in seconds, I would not be concerned about melting. Luckily yellow ponies tend to respond well to sun fading, though it may take some patience and remember to cover her symbols, eyes and hair - if this is your first sun fade, do some research first, there's great tutorials out there. :)
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Oh poor Tails! I completely agree that the best bet is sunfading with her issues. With some decent sun and patience you will clear her right up :)

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Poor girl! :( Best of luck fading the marks! I think she will be fine eventually. It just might take a little bit.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal