collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have a problem with people cutting pony hair?  (Read 6500 times)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
Re: Do you have a problem with people cutting pony hair?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
I personally would never cut their hair to make them 'show accurate' but that's cool if someone wants to do that. I've seen some talented people cut and style pony hair.
I won't buy a pony with cut hair (usually) either
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
It doesn't bother me what others do with their ponies. It bothers me when it's uneven, but that's the hairdresser side of me :silly:

I personally never cut my ponies hair, I only did it once on my first ponies when I was four. When it didn't grow back I was very upset, as were my parents when I showed them.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
I don't like it, but only when people are so...crazy about it, and how they have to have it "show accurate". I have already illustrated my thoughts on the matter :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
OMG that poor Dashy!!! That is a hilarious, yet sad picture... I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry! XD
My Wish List

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
Just in the case of G4, some people might want a separate run of 'show-accurate' ponies to match the show; which in that case I might consider a complete set of cut&styled ponies desirable? By themselves I probably wouldn't pay for a hair-cut pony unless I couldn't find an alternative; but an entire set of show-accurate G4s would be a little hard to resist, admittedly (for myself as a fan of the show, anyways).

That's exactly what I have: a show accurate cut and styled mane six set. I only cut the common (mane six) ponys' hair anyway. I do have extras of the majority of the mane six, and it's so nice to have a show accurate set. I would never think of ever cutting any of my other ponies' hair, especially rare g4's or older generations, though quite a few of my childhood g3's have cut hair.

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
Flutterblossom- I love how the Fluttershy in your avatar looks! :) I tried to style my Fluttershy's hair like that, but it turned out way too curly :lol: What Fluttershy is that, BTW? I have a couple from the first wave and the Spring one and they all have dark pink hair. The one in your avatar looks like she has lighter pink hair. I like it better that way :) Must have light pink hair, Fluttershy...
My Wish List

Folly

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »
I don't like it, but only when people are so...crazy about it, and how they have to have it "show accurate". I have already illustrated my thoughts on the matter :)
This is beautiful (I feel like I shouldn't be saying that as I'm a brony myself XD)

People who get all "WSDKJASHDK SHOW ACCURACY" kind of terrify me, honestly XD like woah, calm down man.

Flutterblossom

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 09:00:09 PM »
Flutterblossom- I love how the Fluttershy in your avatar looks! :) I tried to style my Fluttershy's hair like that, but it turned out way too curly :lol: What Fluttershy is that, BTW? I have a couple from the first wave and the Spring one and they all have dark pink hair. The one in your avatar looks like she has lighter pink hair. I like it better that way :) Must have light pink hair, Fluttershy...

It's the single Fluttershy that came with the luggage. I think the wedding Fluttershys have light pink hair too. I have the old hot pink haired Fluttershy you are talking about and she just doesn't look like herself. I'm glad Hasbro decided to change it, she looks much better with light pink hair. :)

You can see the pictures of the rest of the mane six restyled on my profile page. I style their hair with capped pens and tape, I can't figure out how to make the straws stay lol. But Rarity's hair was definitely the hardest, that girl must use a huge curler and LOTS of hairspray.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »
I don't personally do it, but if I were buying a pony and it had a bad haircut I wouldn't turn it down. I could always rehair it.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »
So yea, after the "Poor abused ponies" topic, it crossed my mind that even though loads of ponies received a trip to the barber by kids, collectors do this too sometimes. I see quite some gen4 ponies online nowadays with "show accurate" hair; meaning it has been cut to closer resemble the FiM characters. Does this bother you?

For me, well, I'm a toy collector. I love the FiM show, but I like my toys as they come in the package, so I wouldn't ever want to cut their hair or do anything else to make them more "show-accurate"; for me the toys come first, then the show. Also, I find it hard to believe that collectors want uncut ponies only to cut them up themselves! My inner collector always goes like: Nooo, what if that pony ends up being rare or htf?

Of course, everyone is entitled to do with their pony as they see fit; it's their toy! I don't mean to judge anyone :) I'm just curious how other collectors feel about this.

I'm with you on this. I'm not going to demand everyone keeps their ponies in hermetically-sealed glass cases, LOL; they're toys! Toys should be played with! :) Everyone should do with their ponies what they'd like.

That said, I think we're going to see a lot of disappointment from first-time collectors after they later decide they prefer an uncut mane, or if the cut turns out wrong. It's easy to mess up such a teeny-tiny little head! And, yeah, we may see an upswell of demand for "mint" first-release ponies in years to come - because so many new collectors have trimmed theirs. Personally, I prefer to style in non-permanent ways (no boil curls, no trims, no glue, etc.) - but to each their own.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
On G4 main 6 ponies? Heck no, lol. They're so plentiful I don't think some with haircuts will ever be a problem.

Older gens though...I don't know why you'd want to. Maaaaybe on some G3s (I have a SLH Rainbow Flash whose hair got so poofy after I wet it down to style it, that when I got a second as a gift, I gave the first a cute haircut - of course this was when they were still in stores so there's also that) but other than that, I personally wouldn't approve. I'd hope that no collector would WANT to do that to an older generation pony though.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 01:24:20 AM »
I don't cut the hair of my ponies, and I don't buy those with cut mane or tail (unless it is a bait or a rare one I must have). But people can do whatever they like with their toys, and in the end it might be their loss if they ever want to sell the ponies.
I cut my Peachy's forelock when I was a child, and I hated her even more afterwards. That was the one and only time I let scissors near my ponies.

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 01:33:13 AM »

It's the single Fluttershy that came with the luggage. I think the wedding Fluttershys have light pink hair too. I have the old hot pink haired Fluttershy you are talking about and she just doesn't look like herself. I'm glad Hasbro decided to change it, she looks much better with light pink hair. :)

You can see the pictures of the rest of the mane six restyled on my profile page. I style their hair with capped pens and tape, I can't figure out how to make the straws stay lol. But Rarity's hair was definitely the hardest, that girl must use a huge curler and LOTS of hairspray.

They look really good!! I'm gonna have to get that Fluttershy I think, hehe :D
My Wish List

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 01:34:47 AM »
I don't mind it if the ponies hair is uneven, or frizzy at the ends. But otherwise, I hate haircuts. It's the biggest thing I don't like on a pony :P

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 01:36:51 AM »
I dont mind.
Most of my G1's are fleamarket finds and they have haircuts and whatnot. Im used to it.
I did cut as a preteen some of my G2's, only doubles tough, there had to be boys. :)

Thank you :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal