collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467887 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3495 on: May 01, 2021, 06:47:54 PM »
I feel like I post too much in this thread :huh:

Very dizzy and shaky the last couple of days, it's really bad today. I slept in which was nice even though I had questionable dreams. Been dreaming about death a lot. This time it was dead pets :(
:hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3496 on: May 02, 2021, 10:13:52 AM »
Aw, thanks :hug: I'm positive it was triggered by going into my dog's urn and collecting some ashes my niece wanted. Not a very happy activity. But I had non-depressing dreams last night and my dizziness seems to have passed :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3497 on: May 02, 2021, 11:28:00 AM »
I feel like I post too much in this thread :huh:

Very dizzy and shaky the last couple of days, it's really bad today. I slept in which was nice even though I had questionable dreams. Been dreaming about death a lot. This time it was dead pets :(
:hug: :hug: :hug:

If it helps to post in the thread, then post in the thread :) Nobody's keeping count. =D

Glad you're feeling better.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: May 03, 2021, 05:34:50 AM »
Post jab bruising still sore
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3499 on: May 03, 2021, 09:23:48 AM »
I'm supposed to be going to my doctors office to see her and get vaccinated, but the clinic called and said she was out today. They rescheduled me for the 10th. At least it's soon, usually she's booked for months.

edit: And a dog crapped on my stairs. If I had to guess, it was one of the downstairs lady's dogs. She let's them loose in the morning and at night and then when they don't come back right away she claps incessantly and calls for them. It also peed on my chair, there's a damp spot and little pawprints everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:00:06 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: May 03, 2021, 02:53:02 PM »
Today it rained a lot. Well, fine. It also was very windy. NOT fine.

It blew my patio gooseberry plant over (fortunately it didn't lose too many of its newly developing fruit.)
It tried to blow my mini greenhouse out of the garden (where the basket plants are growing up, we've had so much frost recently that they're still inside it).

And it damaged the main stems on one of the Delphinium plants I grew from seed last year. There are three of them and I've been growing them on for a year now to hopefully put them in the garden. The other two were battered but not really damaged...this one had both its main stems bent over by the wind.

I've had success before with splinting bent stems if it's done really soon after the injury (before the leaves wilt) so I've done that and am hoping it will manage to survive. The last plant I did this to managed to strengthen its own stem and I was able to take the splint off after a couple of months. But these are babies I grew from seed so I am not happy.

I really don't like seeing any of my plants hurt.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3501 on: May 03, 2021, 04:43:11 PM »
the hot weather is back. and it may rain again overnight. at least we had sun today. ugh Texas one day i'll finally move somewhere else. I've been saying it for years and years.

also i've been feeling really anxious lately. i just feel like everything is so unpredictable lately. and my parent's cat is sick. he's pretty old and it doesn't sound good :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: May 03, 2021, 08:59:22 PM »
Got 2 pieces of mail today with a yellow sticker stating that they were unable to forward them.  Um...I have lived here for 7 years and have not filed to have my address changed.  The name/address on the mail is correct.  One piece was time sensitive and was supposed to be delivered 2 WEEKS AGO.  So now I get to spend my Saturday morning going down to the post office (because I have a job and can't just take time off to go 20+ miles in the completely opposite direction from my job to the post office) and try to sort out why my mail is suddenly not deliverable to me, even though it's been doing just fine for the last 7 YEARS. 

There have been issues with our mail carrier before--usually things not delivered to correct mailboxes even though they are ALL very clearly marked--and our neighbors have complained multiple times.  Part of me wonders if I need to threaten to report them for tampering with the mail if they're going to be this incompetent.  Seriously, this is your job.  Do it right or quit so someone with functioning grey matter can do it.    :enraged:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3503 on: May 04, 2021, 04:03:54 AM »
I was running out of vitamins, so I ordered some with my groceries from Wal-Mart. I was taking Centrum Energy which has an orange bottle (no, the color is not why I take them :P ) but other than added ginseng and some other stuff it's just like regular Centrum. They were out of it, so Wal-Mart substituted it with gummy vitamins. I hate gummies, that's why I had pills. The dumbest part? I think the shopper picked the gummies because they too, have an orange bottle.

It's really my fault, for having substitutions at all. Normally, the subs aren't bad and make sense. This one though?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: May 04, 2021, 12:38:57 PM »
I'm too impatient for a particular, local music store to reopen.

This store has sister stores around the country, but our local one seems to be the last one to wake up! I emailed their web site & had a polite reply saying that they are re-stocking that store (that's good news) but as yet no idea of what date it will open...

Hurry up I want to try out new guitars!!!!!!!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: May 05, 2021, 05:05:25 AM »
GP phoned this morning.
Booked a second vaccine appointment for Friday morning.

....But as of now, I have no transport, as the person who took me to the last one can't do it.

...It's 10 miles away. We have no car and it requires a bus and a walk so I can't navigate it on public transport either.

...So now the race is on to find a means to get there...

It really annoys me that GP hubs seem to have paid zero attention to the accessibility factor. Our GP is seriously 2 mins down the road, but I have to go 10 miles because who knows why. ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: May 05, 2021, 07:36:14 AM »
So the mayor of the city I work for sent out an email yesterday saying that they plan to give us all up to 3% raises (based on performance, so basically that means if they can't make up enough reasons not to give the whole raise to us) and reinstate the whopping 2% 401k match.  She also said that they would be reevaluating the pay rates for certain jobs that aren't matching up to the pay rates of the same jobs in other places. 

The problem I have with this is that my job would need to be paid 10k-15k more a year (we're talking an $8-10/hr pay raise) in order to match up to what other areas are paying for the work I do--part of the reason 2 people have left already and the rest of us are looking for jobs elsewhere.  And there are 4 of us currently in my position at work.  That means that the 8 people higher up than we are will also require a significant pay raise so I don't know just how much money they're actually going to grace us with.  Basically, full-time city employees cannot afford to live in the city we work in.  And they don't see an issue with this. 

And seeing as how the attitude around here is that "women only work because they are bored housewives and their husbands bring home the real money" and most of us are women means that we've been paid crap on purpose even though the majority of us are single and NEED the income.  A male co-worker was promoted above the female co-workers even though he didn't have the Master's degree and they did after he mentioned to the director that he was thinking about asking his girlfriend to marry him. We know that's not the reason they put on the paperwork for promoting him but there's enough subtle sexism here--regardless of what HR tells us every year in our required Sexual Harassment Training--that we can't shake the suspicion that was the reason.  Of course when you live in a place where the only purpose of being female is to make babies and sandwiches we should just be grateful someone is paying us at all.

The mayor also said to make sure that we count that 401k match as part of our income when we compare how much we make to other places.  Of course we're expected to consider our insurance as part of our income as well--even though it's crappy enough that we are required to pay 4k out of pocket before they start paying for anything and it's more if you're on the family plan.  Benefits are supposed to be in addition to your pay, not take the place of it.  These people suck as employers and think they're wonderful.  Maybe if they'd ever left the craphole bubble they've created here they'd realize it. 

So I guess I'll believe it when I see it but I'm not holding my breath.  I'm keeping my eyes out for an opportunity to work someplace that actually values me instead of trying to convince me that this is not only acceptable but normal.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 07:41:03 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: May 05, 2021, 09:11:12 AM »
I feel like everything is going wrong lately.  No matter how hard I try to do the best job I can at wrong it seems I keep making mistakes.  They are small and I'm sure they seem much bigger to me than they do to others but it's hard not to keep telling myself I should have done  things differently.

The zipper on my purse snagged again.  The purse isn't even that old and this is the 3rd or 4th time that it's got caught.  I'll probably have to get a new bag because I'm not comfortable taking it to work if I can't zip it closed.

My elderly dog is at the vet today.  She has been crying a lot and acting like it hurts to walk.

Everything is just piling up.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3508 on: May 05, 2021, 09:30:37 AM »
Ugh Pokeyonekenobie. why do we still have to deal with these attitudes? I hope you find a better place to work :hug:

My complaint today is that the housing market is bonkers and i feel like i'm never going to be able to afford to own a house ever. who is buying all the houses and where is the money coming from.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:32:22 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: May 05, 2021, 09:54:09 AM »
Just really down in the dumps...I lost a bunch of cash yesterday. I had gotten a real score on something I found in a local ad, but had to drive a ways to pick it up. I timed everything impeccably with an out-of-town appointment so as to double up on my tank of gas. Then...my girls needed a diaper change, so I stopped to use a McDonald's bathroom because I knew it was likely to be cleaner than a gas station and guaranteed to have a changing table. I felt obligated to make a purchase for using their loo, and we had an hour to kill before my appointment, so I got my girls a snack. I know I had the cash when I paid; I remember pulling it out of my phone wallet and sifting through the bills to give exact change. I thought I put it back in my phone, but I could have just dropped it in my purse. When I got to my appointment, it was gone. I did leave my purse unattended for a minute while I went to grab 2 highchairs, but it was dead in there, and I don't in the least suspect the 2 old men having coffee with whom we amicably chatted, or the elderly lady who was cleaning tables. I must have hastily shoved it in my phone wallet without tucking it in the pocket in my haste to usher my girls away from the checkout area, and then dropped the phone while at the table and it must have scattered out onto the floor. Guess someone else had a lucky day finding 40 or 50 bucks on the floor...I hope it was someone who needed it.

The biggest bummer is, it negates the good deal I got on my item I purchased, to the point where I'm not even excited about it anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal