collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Odd EBay names? Answered:)  (Read 734 times)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Odd EBay names? Answered:)
« on: May 03, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »
Edit: names deleted as I have my answers. Thank you!

I think something funny is going on but I may be leaping to conclusions.

Last week I sold some doll accessories on eBay, the name looks like a spambot name and also had 0 feedback. But since the paid immediately I sent it right out and tracking shows it was delivered Monday so it was a real address.

I just sold a mlp and the buyer also has an odd name and also has 0 feedback. They have paid already.

My worry is they are decoy addresses and people are using stolen credit cards. I know I'm making it sound like the movie of the week but it just seems...odd. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you for any help!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:51:46 PM by dragonlady »

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Odd EBay names?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:08:25 PM »
I recently signed up for ebay, as in a few months ago, and the signup page has a feature where it'll randomly generate some username options from the real name you entered. I suppose some of them can seem quite random since it tends to add a lot of extra numbers/letters, since there's a lot of ebay users.

For example, the first name I entered was Sunny, and a randomly generated username it gave me was sunsunn_qjqmhc. Sounds pretty random and spambot-ish, but I went with it because I was far too lazy to try and find a username of my own creation that wasn't taken. You're probably just seeing newer ebay users that used the name generator when they signed up! :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:22:55 PM »
It also can be a Ebay guest checkout. I know part of the name has to deal with the location.

I believe when people steal CCs/PP info, they use an account already established and change the location to their own address.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:49:34 PM »
Thank you so much guys! I didn't realize there was a name generator now and totally forgot about guest checkout. Glad that's settled, phew!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Odd EBay names? Answered:)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 04:25:40 AM »
Thanks for posting the helpful info peeps  :bigups: I had forgotten about the name generator thing myself   :blush: 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal