collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G2 customs a la HQG1C? (crossposted from MLPTP)  (Read 763 times)

Offline Fizzy Scrumptious

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Truly_Scumptious on the MLPTP! <3
    • View Profile
    • Pink Dreams Ponyland
G2 customs a la HQG1C? (crossposted from MLPTP)
« on: March 05, 2020, 06:12:17 AM »
Hi all! I posted this exact post on the MLPTP but wanted to throw it in at the Arena too to see your thoughts :~)

So every time I see someone customize a g2, I wonder if there's a way to make g2s without customizing a pre-existing pony. Not that there's anything wrong with g2 customs, I just personally see g2s so rarely that it got me thinking!

Of course there's HQG1C for g1 ponies and customs, which uses molds and not an actual 80s pony. I was wondering if anyone's ever seen anyone try to make a g2 mold or similarly "create" a g2 custom instead of making it from another g2? I feel like it would be pretty cool to do something like HQG2C - I don't have any idea what the actual process would entail, but I find the idea interesting!

Would any of you be interested in such a thing if it were to exist?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: they/them :rainbow: | wishlist | art thread
thank you tailrustedtealeaf for the lovely icon and Strawberry Swirl for the left-side adoptable in my sig :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: G2 customs a la HQG1C? (crossposted from MLPTP)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 06:22:44 AM »
I think Clipper mentioned wanting to do such a thing but it is terribly expensive to make a mold and produce blanks because companies will have a set number of units that they require to be ordered.
Perhaps one person could make a resin cast for personal use but right now HQG1C is having to cut back on the amount of ponies per year due to storage and cost.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 11:16:47 AM »
I think Clipper mentioned wanting to do such a thing but it is terribly expensive to make a mold and produce blanks because companies will have a set number of units that they require to be ordered.
Perhaps one person could make a resin cast for personal use but right now HQG1C is having to cut back on the amount of ponies per year due to storage and cost.
This. Clipper has so many "one day we'll make them" projects waiting in the wings it would take years to do them all. Supporting HQG1C helps wi this, like buying flaws for Customising. I personally love HQG1C & what it's doing, & considering everything, the prices are pretty reasonable, particularly for somebody who has all the more common Ponies & the ones I still want are over £70 a pop, IF I'm lucky
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 08:59:16 AM »
I'd love to see G2 and even some uncommon G3 molds from HQG1C! Maybe one day. What they're doing is so amazing. It got me excited about collecting again. Hasbro sure can't seem to.  :lol:.... :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal