collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65912 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1485 on: February 21, 2024, 07:36:23 AM »
Today I'm setting up my main tank! :frolic: I have everything I need (minus fish and shrimp). Watch my Aquarium Fish thread for pics!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 21, 2024, 07:43:20 AM »
today have to take my husband to the hospital to remove his staples from his head incision.
yay another day of work that I have to miss... it's getting impossible to catch up and do my job at this rate...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1487 on: February 21, 2024, 10:28:11 AM »
today have to take my husband to the hospital to remove his staples from his head incision.
yay another day of work that I have to miss... it's getting impossible to catch up and do my job at this rate...

I'm sorry you're going throught this. I hope he's all mended very soon.

Post Merge: February 21, 2024, 10:29:31 AM

Once I tried to read the Bible like a chapter book. I was 7 or 8, I believe.

Have you read The Power of Now at all?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 21, 2024, 11:02:15 AM »

Once I tried to read the Bible like a chapter book. I was 7 or 8, I believe.

Have you read The Power of Now at all?

I am not very spiritual or religious, I don't think I would glean anything from it.

Post Merge: February 21, 2024, 11:02:59 AM

Ouch! I hope he feels better + you can get some work done!

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1489 on: February 21, 2024, 11:29:00 AM »
yeah it baffles me that people don't leave messages when they're trying to get a hold of someone. i know a lot of people don't check messages but people don't answer from unknown numbers either. if you don't leave a message i'll just assume it's a junk call or a mistake :huh:

@Artie, if i'm remembering correctly Samuel is pretty far through. some of those Old Testament books are a slog. I haven't read them all the way through. even after many many years of Catholic school. i would like to at some point.  Also, i hope your mom recovers quickly :hug: :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 21, 2024, 04:54:29 PM »
I made the pizza!!! The dough was enough for four portions so I may make a flatbread later, as the sauce is enough for three. My bought pregrate went perfectly on top & it was amazing!!! Heating the veggies in the air fryer for 5 minutes helps the pizza be less soggy too. Allo in all yum!!! Watch a fun film later, got bd wishes for Bakana on the sharky server while saying happy bd to her bd twin on there (she's exactly the same age as the main shark on the server!!!), then went to bed around midnight. Was a long day so I slept for a good while.
Oh & I only have one pic left to take...

Heya, pizza sounds great! We have tried with a normal bread recipe but not had great results. Have you got any tips?
First, look up a pizza recipe online. I got my dough mix from a recipe for air fryer pizza (which suits me due to air fryer). The main difference I noticed between a basic bread & a pizza dough is the pizza dough has vinegar in it (not much, about a tablespoon, but it's there in the pizza recipe & not in the bread one).
Second, resting the dough between initial mix & knead is a big part of the bread recipe, but for pizza dough it seems you go straight from mix to knead.
Third, when rising the bread dough, it's greased. For the pizza dough, it's not. You don't grease the pizza dough until you're just about to bake it (after pricking below). Both greases are done with a coating of liquid oil.
Fourth, when putting the dough in for pizza, it's rolled out flat & thin, then pricked all over. The more pricks the better. With bread you don't make it flat, rather, you shape it gently, then bake, no pricking. The bread has to rise, while the pizza is better mostly flat.
(also for toppings, if the veggies are wet, the pizza will be. Heat them for five minutes at the same temp as you cook the pizza before putting on the pizza & the moisture will steam out of them. This is especially important if the veggies are frozen.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:01:19 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1491 on: February 21, 2024, 11:23:01 PM »

@Artie, if i'm remembering correctly Samuel is pretty far through. some of those Old Testament books are a slog. I haven't read them all the way through. even after many many years of Catholic school. i would like to at some point.  Also, i hope your mom recovers quickly :hug: :hug:

Numbers reads like the 'shipping forecast' if you know what that is. Maybe this is where the expression 'brass tacks' comes from. Leviticus is odd because I can't always work out whether the voice is Moses or God. Maybe there is no real distinction. After that, I find it hard working out how some of the stories relate to the Commandments, what happens and the outcomes. Sometimes the people in the stories seem to go against the Commandments and sometimes they seem to get away with it, sometimes not. I'm trying to just go through it rather than get stuck on things, thinking I will go back to it later.

Thanks, Mum is doing better. She had a kidney stone removed etc. She's mending. Although painful, it could have been worse news. Hope you're doing OK. :hug:

Post Merge: February 21, 2024, 11:36:23 PM

First, look up a pizza recipe online. I got my dough mix from a recipe for air fryer pizza (which suits me due to air fryer). The main difference I noticed between a basic bread & a pizza dough is the pizza dough has vinegar in it (not much, about a tablespoon, but it's there in the pizza recipe & not in the bread one).
Second, resting the dough between initial mix & knead is a big part of the bread recipe, but for pizza dough it seems you go straight from mix to knead.
Third, when rising the bread dough, it's greased. For the pizza dough, it's not. You don't grease the pizza dough until you're just about to bake it (after pricking below). Both greases are done with a coating of liquid oil.
Fourth, when putting the dough in for pizza, it's rolled out flat & thin, then pricked all over. The more pricks the better. With bread you don't make it flat, rather, you shape it gently, then bake, no pricking. The bread has to rise, while the pizza is better mostly flat.
(also for toppings, if the veggies are wet, the pizza will be. Heat them for five minutes at the same temp as you cook the pizza before putting on the pizza & the moisture will steam out of them. This is especially important if the veggies are frozen.)

I think we have forgotten to prick it, thank you. Will also try the vinegar and the idea of drying the toppings out a bit in the oven before putting them on the pizza. This could change everything! Will let you know :hug:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 11:36:23 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1492 on: February 22, 2024, 12:15:33 AM »
Noone called yesterday so it's rince repeat today. Only add on is that my workshift starts at five pm so with my luck the person probably calls when I'm on the bike and can't answer.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 23, 2024, 05:00:54 AM »
Made some herby garlic bread yesterday, which is good because I was able to help Beldarna. Don't forget the online recipes Beldarna!!!
As I thought, I managed to get 2 mini loaves out of it (due to air fryer it's mini loaves).
Well, when I say yesterday, I mean two nights ago. Yesterday I watched the live action Netflix ATLA show. SO much better than the film & close to the cartoon, & I love the east Asian rep in some of the characters, especially the Fire Nation who are meant to be Japanese, so obviously full of East Asian traits. They only have the first season up, but it's so good!!! And Cabbage-man is there!!! I don't know who the actors are but they're well-chosen. The kids look young & sound young, Iroh looks as you'd expect an older warrior to look, yep, wisened & wider, but still tough as old boots. Osai is terrifying!!! Zhao is so cold-sounding, the Kyoshi warriors are lean, lithe, & strong, including the older ones. All are believable.
After the binge-watch, I went to bed for 12 hours straight!!! And woke just in time for the noisy coffee. It was good.
Today I'll make broccoli cheese soup to go wi one of my mini-loaves (the other is in the freezer).

Beldarna I hope whoever tried to call you calls again!!!
Artie I hope your mum recovers well xxx
Squirmy hope you & your husband take it easy. Surgery often has complications so regular follow-up checks are important xxx Hope all goes well xxx
Cowboy ooft they sound LONG!!! Hope they keep your attention!!!
BC exciting re tank!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1494 on: February 23, 2024, 07:59:38 AM »
I'm sorry, Beldarna. I have phone anxiety too and am the same way when waiting for a call. Then when my phone does finally ring, it makes me jump because I'm so wound up.

I had a bad day yesterday and didn't work on my tank much. Today I want to finish it. It's halfway full of water and I have the soil, gravel and hardscapes down. I need to add more water and put the plants in, the heater, the light and filter. Then I can add all the nutrients. After that, it is tresting the water for the right parameters and when it's good, I can order my shrimp and go betta shopping.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 24, 2024, 01:36:34 AM »
Me too BC. I'm exactly the same. My husband suggested I call the health care center monday to ask if it was them. I need to get a time for my appointment as well so now I have anxiety about that.

I washed my hair today. I had planned to recolour it but was out of hair dye. Now I'm doing my three face masks routine I do about once or twice a month. Himalayan Charcoal, Nigaraguan Coffee and Mediterranean Almond Milk. Cleanse, wake up and sooth. 10 minutes each. I'm also doing laundry and saturday is water every plant day! Also remove every brown leaf I find day and as we're at the end of february it's time to wake them up with some nutricion ^.^

The rest of the day I'm gonna binge watch the Last Airbender and eat cheese doodles. I really love the adaption Netflix has done. It's the best one yet! :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 24, 2024, 05:52:13 PM »
Beldarna it is so good!!! Self-care is important too.
BC I peeked at your aquarium thread & your tank looks great!!!

I got the soup made, ate a portion with my garlic herb bread & both were amazing!!! I had the two heels of the loaf with butter on, then dipped the rest in the soup. It really was worth making it!!!
Getting my HQG1C bundle prompted me to do some more Pony knitting, in new yarn colours. I have some great marled yarns I'm using to make more capes, G3 jumpers, & scarves. I may use the marled purple to make legwarmers for Arachnophile, so he can stay warm & still show off his GITD symbol. He's still one of my fave Customs I've made!!!
Edit to remove the wrong stuff
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 05:55:02 PM by Ponybookworm »

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 25, 2024, 12:44:53 AM »
PBW The soup and bread sounds amazing. It makes me hungry. What do you use in the soup? I've done broccoli soup before but never with cheese. I only have two episodes of the Last Airbender left and I really love that they're all asian as well. No white skin for miles and I love it. The kids are doing really well, such terrific actors at such a yong age. I wish to see pics of the legwarmers later!

There is such a beautiful weather outside so I'm gonna brave the ice, hoping they have put gravel everywhere now and go to the supermarket area. There is a petshop there and I want to buy some other flavours to Majsan. We try to mix up her food so she wont get bored but now we only have her main kibble at home. I also need new tulips. I will do some diamond painting today while clearing my head and watch the last two episodes of the Airbender :).

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 26, 2024, 08:56:01 AM »
Beldarna bring on season 2 if it's as good as 1!!! And enjoy the good weather!!!

A few small things arrived, namely glass circle things which make great weights for Sea Ponies, & some TY Mini Boos, which are a great size for MLP pets!!! My faves of the Mini Boos are the cats, dogs, & birds, & I also got a couple of seals. The birds are owls, penguins, & flamingos. They also have dragons, but they're rarer, as well as monkeys, bears, narwhals, & a couple of others.
Sunday was a coffee & kirky, & since I like when they do it that way, I went along. With it being Lent, the topic was suffering (been there) & loneliness (know that feeling). One of the hymns was one from Titanic the film (the one with the line "for those in peril on the sea"). And another fun thing was the fact Bakana wasn't the only plushie there!!! A coffee pal also brought her recent prezzie of a plushie dog she called Cuddles  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: !!! Another fun thing was we had a bit of a quiz, with small prizes of tasty biccies. I won a pack of biccies & shared some round my table!!! A not-so-fun thing was discovering the very recent (late Saturday night) loss of another Coffee pal I've known & liked for years.  :sad:
Today was film day, & the film was a bit too raunchy for my taste re viewing with others. it felt as if I was viewing it with a stuffy aunt, & even then I didn't really like the overly raunchy bits. maybe I'm the overly stuffy aunt regarding raunchy. Like, raunchiness is ok when it's wanted between two people with a strong connection, but it's not the only thing in life, & I prefer it to be the business of only those participating in it.
At film day today I was told there's no film day next week due to the Coffee pal's funeral, which is understandable; he was well-liked by many. He'll be sadly missed. I think I'll go to see him off - he'd like that.
I made one of my pizza batches for dinner Sunday night. The knitting continues...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1499 on: February 26, 2024, 02:10:35 PM »
TY Mini Boos

Well, those are adorable.

Been cleaning all day and I think I'm at my limit. It doesn't look like much but I worked hard :( Disability is so not fun.

Now I have a headache but i took some meds and drank some water. I'm going to relax with a game.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal