collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 509
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65883 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1305 on: December 18, 2023, 02:11:51 AM »
Cowboy oh no!!!

I finished the thing I was knitting: a coat for one of my plushies!!! I have three plushies who snuggle me at night: Bakana (of course), Snuggles the seal, & Huey the rainbow sharky. Huey was the one who needed a coat, & now they have one!!! Snuggles is also in his coat, while Bakana wears her winter jumper & tailskirt.
As TC, my mobile signal went down, but I figured out how to enable texts & calls via Wi-Fi & through that got hold of somebody. They said the signal was down due to mast maintenance. It was back in a couple of hours. Meanwhile, as I've had my current phone five years now at least, I decided to upgrade my phone & find out what was going on with my website account. I'm soon getting a new Google phone!!!
Due to new phone coming, I'll have to do a ton of stuff to back up the phone so I save everything. I've shifted the piccies out so there's that... I still have chains of text messages I want to keep too.
Today I got my plastic & metal bin out. This is the first time our plastic & metal is separate from our paper & card. The standard rubbish goes every three weeks, but there's more non-rubbish they can pick up, like if I wash out the food trays from ready meals, they can go. Most plastic toy packaging is taken already, & the only issue really is plastic wrap & miscellaneous dust from vacuuming. That & tissues, but I use dead tissues to line the bottom of the kitchen bin anyway
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 02:16:15 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1306 on: December 18, 2023, 08:45:14 PM »
A PBW: I'm glad you made it to carol singing, I love stuff like this, even more as time goes by. I took the baby to church last Sunday and we met a lot of people from our area.

Today I'm not sure what I'll do. I've been awake since midnight. I tried to throw two people off our property the other day who were trampling around in the garden. I tried to insist that they shouldn't be on our property without permission, they explained that they were trying to catch an escaped duck. I then saw this very small and ordinary looking duck and got really angry. It's not an excuse in my opinion. They were dashing around on the veg beds and near the beehives. They eventually left in their own time. So I've been feeling pretty shocked and upset about that. Plus yesterday my Mum took a photo on her google smartphone with myself and the baby in it. I've expressly said I'm not happy for anyone to take photos on smartphones since day 1 and only use offline devices to take photos of the baby. I know it sounds eccentric but it's my decision. She knows I'm furious with her because I caught her and made her delete it. I hope she actually did. I saw her sneaky expression when she was doing it and it makes me feel really sad and let down by her. But my daughter has a weekly relationship with her. So anyway, Christmas not going well so far!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #1307 on: December 19, 2023, 03:25:39 AM »
I'm editing a crochet tutorial+vlog today, that I've been working on for almost a month now. it was supposed to be a quick project... I finished the project yesterday. never trust a hyperfixation. :rofl:
Normally i really like writing voiceover scipts, but tutorials get repetitive and boring to write ^^' But I'm really excited about this project. it's a granny square cardigan with holly leaves. :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 19, 2023, 07:07:17 AM »
Shaiyeh, sounds a fun project!!! Not a big cardi person but if I could adapt it to jumper I would
Artie that is NOT nice!!! Too right you're angry at the tramplers!!! Your garden is your hard work making pretty flowers & useful herbs & veggies; the last thing you want is that ruined by careless or deliberately aggressive trampling xxx Also I don't blame you with not wanting baby pics online xxx

Made the film thing yesterday & a pal came too!!! Got a pic of Bakana with the village tree!!! It was hard & she almost lost her festive hat but we got it!!!
Forgot to say I got my box from the box exchange pal on Saturday.
Today I went to Coffee with the bad news of a big bill taking my bank balance past the limit again, so I had to get loot in. Fortunately Coffee pals helped out after we'd had drinks, food, pies, & a few carols, & one gave me a lift to the bank so I could shove the loot in. I had enough left over for a few bits of food so got while in town.
Then my phone arrived, no plug AND the cable doesn't fit the plug I have & the old phone's charger won't fit the new phone... So I need a cable which fits the new phone & the old plug. Had to text a computer pal for that, rather than wait for days...
Another package I've been waiting for also arrived, & I got a few more over the weekend. I'm now only due one or two things to arrive.
I got a text saying the bloke in charge of my bathroom redo is coming to check on stuff, & he arrived at a similar time to my support worker. All the checks were made & I said what I'd been up to in the bath. My support worker had a card & prezzie for me!!! (chocolates!!!)
I may get a painter over in the next couple of days so I can last until the planning permission goes through after the New Year.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1309 on: December 19, 2023, 08:19:00 AM »
I'm having a bad day but I'm planning on working on ponies when I feel better.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #1310 on: December 19, 2023, 11:05:39 AM »
Shaiyeh, sounds a fun project!!! Not a big cardi person but if I could adapt it to jumper I would

You probably could! It's granny square based, and very simple :)

Update: the video is currently 1:16h long,  hope I can cut it down more tomorrow. My brain is melting and I need to do something else xD

I also sealed two customs (who?! me!!?? ) today, so now they just need hair styling and a photo shoot ;3;

ETA: BC :hug:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 20, 2023, 08:44:45 AM »
BC hope your day improves  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Shaiyeh I look forward to the video!!! And yaiy on Custom progress!!!

Bathroom: There is a council overseer called the Clerk of Works, & he came today while I was having a much-needed lie-in!!! And he freaked out!!! I think it's the job of the Clerk of Works to freak out tbh. Some of the freakouts are understandable but others aren't needed. One of the understandable ones is the lack of comms, which meant the site boss didn't say he was coming today. Due to his other more understandable freakouts the joiner came later today, & has just left. He was in to patch up gaps where pipes go in & out of walls, & I told him things I'd done as I couldn't leave them undone (the hole in the ceiling I patched up among them). He confirms I'm getting a painter tomorrow too. Some of the holes round pipes are filled, others patched with plastic rings for the purpose. Roll on that painter, then I can be undisturbed for the rest of the Festive season.
I made both aware of my planning permission notes.
Mobile: the cable came, & I owe its sender either £10 or a prezzie. It does the job, now I have to find out how to take the sim card out of the old phone for the new one. Not to mention see if it fits the new one...
Other: I need to do dishes today, but at least I've managed to sort through my clean laundry (I confess I put that off) & it's not too bad. I just have to turn what's not on racks. Aside from that I'm just working on a few small craft projects with what I have here. I've figured out what packages are still to arrive, & I think both are en route... One deffo is.
Meanwhile if I run out of coffee beans I still have instant in the home, so that is not pressing. I do want to bake stuff, but getting round to it is the issue...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1312 on: December 20, 2023, 09:11:20 AM »
Thanks, I feel a little better today :)

I need to wrap my mom's presents. I'm planning on going over there either tomorrow or Friday. I would go on Xmas eve but I imagine the Uber fares will be high. It's the last time I can see her until Jan, I don't have enough on my Uber card for another visit. It really sucks because I don't want her to feel lonely on Xmas eve or New Year eve.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 20, 2023, 09:16:35 AM »
We have a potluck at work today. I hope no one’s sick!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1314 on: December 20, 2023, 09:23:54 AM »
I got two hours of overtime today thanks to some idiots who ran across the traintracks. When that happens the police stops the traffic and we can't go until they say ok. Luckily I did not have any emidiate plans after work.
I was home so late it was lunchtime so instead of eating breakfast me and hubby bought pizza. Usually I can only eat half a pizza but I ate a whole one. I'm still feeling full. I had a three hour long nap afterwards.
Now I'm just sitting around fiddling. Listening to christmas music and drinking tea from the tea calendar. I think I will do some diamond painting.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 20, 2023, 07:09:46 PM »
I'm leaving today with my spouse to his hometown, where he also has an apartment. We stay the night there and go put up Christmas decorations in his mother's apartment and clean there as well.  :) Late on Friday, we will come back to my house again.
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1316 on: December 21, 2023, 01:35:23 AM »
I'm at our restplace in Sundsvall. I have a four hour break here before we're heading back. I managed to get one of the restingrooms so I'm locked in on a bed under a blanket and with a cup of tea. We have finally gotten wifi here so I brought my laptop and am gonna watch a movie. I'll be home rather late so not gonna do much more than eat dinner and go to sleep omce I'm back.

Post Merge: December 21, 2023, 11:50:14 PM

Today I'm having a day off and are gonna hit the supermarket and buy some last minute things. I'm also gonna bake some christmas cookies to bring to grandpa for christmas. I should clean the bathroom as well.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 22, 2023, 04:18:17 AM »
Beldarna I'd love to bake biccies but it's finding the time...
HOM enjoy your time xxx
Shockponie have fun at the potluck xxx
BC as it's Friday I hope you manage to visit your mother!!!

Bathroom: the painter was in yesterday as needed, then today the site boss came wi the joiner to check things were good for over the festive season. I was out this morning for reasons listed below, so all they did was wake me up.
Local events: the soup thing yesterday was quiet due to the HEAVY WINDS!!! I was the only person other than the two in charge of the soup. Due to this we only used 2 crackers out of 12, the rest passed on to today's thing.
Todays thing was noisy coffee & it was very well attended, with the adults loving the crackers!!! I got some good food at it, & managed to take a snowman home!!! We also sang a couple of festive songs. I had to stop off somewhere first due to things below.
Other: I got one contact put back in my phone because only one of the two people I had numbers for showed up, the other is on holiday.
My folks came round & brought a card & £150!!! And miracle of miracles, my father was civil!!! However I heard an ex succumbed to booze & was found dead a couple of days ago. The booze has always been an issue for him, especially after his pal died; that's what turned him into an ex, so I'm not too surprised he died due to it. He was 15 years older than me & I haven't seen many alcoholics last past 70, so yep...
Anyway, due to getting the £150 I hot the Co-op after today's noisy coffee & got snackable food for Christmas Day & put almost all the rest into my electricity, meaning I don't have to worry about that for weeks. I have a few quid left for things like extra milk & cereal if needed. Just waiting for the next loot to go in the bank. It SHOULD go in soon...
Because I need to get accessories for my phone: top 2 are a case & a plug or two. I can work it as it is, but I need the case & stuff so I can protect the phone, especially when carrying it. The issue is all the stuff is online so I need money in the bank to get it...

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #1318 on: December 23, 2023, 07:41:11 AM »
PBW - Here's the project video! :frolic:

Today we decorated our xmas tree - we didn't have one last year. so we went all in this year and it's GORGEOUS. Also got all of our cooking for tomorrow done. So nice, usually I'm still at it with cooking at this hour.
Gonna relax and do some knitting :) I'm catching up with a mystery knitalong that ended nov 1 :rofl:

Offline Princess Celestia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Friendship and harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: December 23, 2023, 02:22:01 PM »
 :zzz: Shoveled snow, we got 50cm (19") of wet snow, blah. Took half the day around the farm with tractor and shovel, our cars were stuck too, trees had fallen over the small roads here in the area.. But now it's CHRISTMAS or actually Hearts warming in the G4 world.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal