collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Crafty Project Are You Working On?  (Read 265 times)

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
What Crafty Project Are You Working On?
« on: June 14, 2022, 01:47:03 AM »
Help, I've potentially picked up a new hobby  :P

At the moment I'm working on another cross-stitch of my favourite Pokémon done on black aida and with shades of purple instead of blue (as I don't have a navy blue in my skein box?? For some reason???)

But I've also started with wax sealing/wax stamps. I've got a Game of Thrones sigil, I want to get an owl one for Christmas as I associate barn owls with Christmas, and I've ordered not only a purple wick'd wax stick - as my original unwick'd stick was too hard to control, even if the colour was PERFECT - but also a gold one to practise with.

What projects are you working on? Fabric, paper, sculpture, other, doesn't matter!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: What Crafty Project Are You Working On?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 04:50:10 AM »
I'm working on a heavily sculpted custom pony for an event/contest on another site :) I feel like I've been working on it forever but it's still only halfway done. That's been taking up most of my time.

I used to cross-stitch. It was relaxing. I don't know why I stopped. I have a couple of kits that I never even got to. Maybe I'll pick it back up some day.

Wax seals! Yes, I have that too :lol: My mom bought me the whole kit one year with everything you need. It came with a Celtic knot-type seal but I bought both a cat and a dragon. It also came with india ink and a glass pen to write with. The only thing it didn't have was papyrus paper so I bought some. I was really into it when I first got it even though writing with the pen was hard. Like the cross-stitch I fell out of using it. I'm not even sure where it is. I guess I get bored with things :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 07:14:22 AM »
So. Many.  I have what I call CADD (Craft Attention Deficit Disorder) and I have found if I force myself to work on something that I'm not in the mood to work on, I make ZERO progress so I tend to have a few going at once so that I can work on what will be the most productive.  There are times that I force myself to finish something if I am really close to having it done but generally I let my creativity do what is most appealing to get the best results.  I have told myself that I need to finish at least three of the started projects before I can start another one so we'll see if I stick to that.   :P

I'm currently trying to organize my crafts into things I can do while my niece and nephews are here for the summer such as painting and perler beads and things I can't do, like resin projects.  The resin is mostly because I have to use my bathroom for pouring (it's the only ventilated area I have with a flat surface) and if my niece decides to use the bedroom upstairs instead of sleeping in the basement with her brothers, she'll be using the bathroom, so it would be inconvenient on many levels. 

Currently in the works: Dragonball serving tray, Pokemon oreo coasters (using the actual cookies--yes, I have had them in a container for a long time and am just now getting around to painting them so I can encase them in resin), piggy banks of many designs, Fruits Basket hat box, Nintendo controller box, Kirby box, and a Haunted Mansion inspired box.  (I do nerd crafts in case you didn't notice!)

Currently planned: Custom baby pony for a friend, Christmas ornaments, Funko Pop repaints (dragons and MLP), many resin things (including using the bushwoolie molds I made), rehairs and other customs. 

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 08:01:57 AM »
Diamond painting/art

I picked up a kit in 2019 but it wasn't until 2020 that I decided to get it out and do it.  I wish I had enough space where I could leave the diamond painting out all the time and not have to work around everyone else's activities to work on it.  I have to use the kitchen table because it's the only flat surface big enough.  I usually get a little work done on it during the weekends.  I'm currently working on my 5th picture.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 08:13:37 AM »
A couple days ago I attempted doing a DIY Sunny Starscout Mega Movie Friends hair curl. I took out the pre cut straws and small hair pins yesterday and it looked horrible. I re tried it yesterday by cutting up more straws and took more hair pins and re curled the hair more evenly, and will take before and after pics later today.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 11:02:48 AM »
Knitting! I like it, but I’m not any good :lol: I also have a huge garden project going on, and that has taken up a lot of time and physical effort!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal