collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Running! :)  (Read 627 times)

Offline beagleluva

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Everything happens for a reason ♥
    • View Profile
Running! :)
« on: March 31, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
 :frolic:

I'm trying to lose a few pounds before summer and I want to start running tomorrow morning!  I've been contemplating it for a while and I think it could be really beneficial for me.  I'm going to start off small (based on what I saw from this website: <http://www.superskinnyme.com/how-to-run.html>)

Is anyone else a big runner or a beginner or somewhere in between?  Does anyone have any beginner tips?

Any and all advice is appreciated!  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Daring Symphony for my lovely siggy!  :good:
GameloftID: pinkleopard623

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: Running! :)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 07:03:53 PM »
I would call myself an intermediate runner :) I run a couple times a week and have done a handful of 5Ks. I wasn't a runner at all before last fall, but I realized that it's literally the easiest exercise to learn- you can go at your own pace, and take it anywhere with you! And it's total body- what more could you ask for?

The number one thing that helped me ease into it fast was getting the form down. That made an overnight difference, from me feeling like crap while running to feeling much more gazelle-ish :D I highly suggest reading up and practicing posture before getting really into it!

Also if you want to motivate yourself, see if there are any 'fun run' 5Ks in your city, like The Color Run, or Zombie Run! There's absolutely no pressure for these events, but they're so fun and so rewarding and it gives you something to work towards!

Good luck running, and if you have any questions or run into issues, don't hesitate to PM me!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »
I don't run but good luck with your weight loss!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »
I used to run on a track team, and wish I still could run regularly!  My knees and ankles and other assorted joints don't appreciate running.  I still go out and run occasionally, just to make myself believe I can, but usually after running even just 2 miles a day for a couple days, my knees kill, or my hips pop, or something else.

My advice: start slow.  Don't run yourself to the ground!  Find some friends to run with, too, as you're more likely to stick with it if you make it fun!

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
Shoes, get fit for a pair that work with your stride and style. 

I run in vibram five fingers now, but when I was wearing shoes I would goto a speciality store that I liked (they would have you walk around and watch for pronating issues and then measure your feet before suggesting shoes). 

Also keep doing it, the more you do the easier it gets.  When I started I could barely run a few blocks but now I am up to 3-6 miles, just depends how much time I have in the morning.   

Good luck and keep us updated, running  and cutting back on sugar have been my two easiest ways to keep in shape.

Offline Primrose

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 08:47:53 PM »
Good for you! :)

I have been training for a 5k with a friend for the past week  :blush: (only 6 weeks left, eeeep!  :shocked: ), and I can already tell a difference my energy level. What has really made a difference for me this past week has been having my friend to run with. When I am by myself, I have a tendancy to push myself way too hard and overdo it. Now that I am running with my friend, it has been so much easier to pace myself and take it slow (so far, at least), and I'm feeling great!

So...I highly reccomend running with a friend :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 06:06:41 AM »
Running.... what is this strange thing you speak of? :P

Good luck in reaching your goal!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:09:42 AM »
My sister goes out forruns every once in awhile :) I cant due to medical issues.

I would suggest to just start small to get your stamina up then go from there :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »
I need to get running, it definitely helps to have a running buddy! A group of us are training for something called Tough Mudder in September and whilst I'm dedicated to training the strength/gym type stuff, I haven't get gotten into the running mindset.

Hoping for some slightly better weather and then I'll get to it!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »
I used to be a runner, but I moved to 6000 feet higher in elevation. I've been unable to breathe properly since!

Good luck!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline beagleluva

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Everything happens for a reason ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »
Thanks guys!  :happy:

I did my first run this morning and it was great!  I worked up a bit of a sweat and I was in a great mood all day.  I took it pretty slow and I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed it.  My goal is to do it four times a week so I'll be back at it again tomorrow morning! :)  And I don't have a friend to run with right now (especially since I'm running so early :P ) but I hope when I start school again there will be someone in my building who will want to run with me.  :good:

I'm also doing a walk/run in June for my job so hopefully I can do some running! :)

Thanks Daring Symphony for my lovely siggy!  :good:
GameloftID: pinkleopard623

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal