collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you buying or making for your family for Christmas?  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
What are you buying or making for your family for Christmas?
« on: October 03, 2023, 11:35:23 PM »
EDIT: Countdown has begun!

Husband - Coffee subscription
Daughter - Fidget board, Issy plush
Mum - Charles Dowding planting calendar and diary
Dad - Rhubarb forcer. I already own this, but it's in danger of being shot, so it can go to my Dad. He's obsessed with rhubarb
Brother in law - Marvel jigsaw. Thank you Mum!
Brother in law's Mum - amaryllis bulb
Sister - HELP!!
Niece - Bobbi Brown makeup

I haven't bought anything for my sister! Might have to think quickly...

« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 11:28:01 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Oniontart

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are you buying or making for your family for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 12:57:36 AM »
I think I will go with a mixture of store bought and self made and material and non material gifts. For my boyfriend I will be getting some books, he has lost all of his books some years ago with a moldy home and he hasn't got any new ones since that ( I know the reason but will not open that here) and then I would love to crochet little Cthulhu for him but I havent crocheted in over a decade so will see, if not that then maybe paint him something etc. My boyfriends daughter (7yo) will get so much toys from her relatives that I really don't see  a point of giving that sort of stuff. I'm not yet sure what to get for her, its my first time gifting to 7 yo kid   :wonder:

My sister basically has everything already so maybe some giftcard her house renovation in my mind or some tickets to consert etc.
My godson will get something baby approriate because he is turning 2 in February, perhaps Duplos or some nice nature related book.   :lovey:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 05:51:49 AM »
I just bought a DIY interchangeable basket that has inserts for all the seasons and holidays, with extras you can buy separately. The pieces are laser cut and you pop them out yourself and paint them. It's for my mom. She's in a long term care facility. I can change the basket when I visit. I figure it'll be something nice for her to look at and fun when I change it :)

I also bought her a long open front sweater she can easily get on. It's supposed to be super cold this winter, so I'll give it to her early.

I'll make her a card too. And there will probably be other little things I get her.

She's the only person I need to get gifts for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 11:25:30 AM »
Oh, this will be hard as I haven't given any thought to it yet.

Brother would probably like Nike shoes
Sister... theater tickets
Niece... candle & books
Brother-in-law gift certificate for his garden

Husband... he's hard to buy for! The moment he decides he wants something, he researches it forever then buys it.  But generally, he doesn't want anything.  And when I do get him something, he wants to make sure I did my research.  :lol:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 11:30:59 AM »
I don't know. The only one I'm finnished with is mom. I've made a diamond painting to her of her cat. Us siblings don't exchange gifts anymore. We usually go together and buy stuff for grandpa and we don't decide on it until last minute. I only really buy for my sisters kids and I've yet to get a wishlist. It will probbly turn up late november/early december. Hubby want  subsciption of Lightroom and Photoshop as well as Fruitloop so I guess he will get some of that.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 02:38:26 PM »
Well, l I have started on it. I put $10 to $15 away each month per paycheck for Christmas. 

My parents:
Dad, loves bigfoot, so I will be getting him a bigfoot T-shirt along with a metal sign for their yard.
Mom, loves craft stuff, so I got her a big box of ribbons and some drawing art supplies. She did show me that at stuff, so I know she wanted that! LOL. She also uses up a lot of ribbon, so it's not wasted at all.
I also got them a $25 card for Cracker Barral and will be getting another one to Fry N Pan. And plan on making them homemade Banana bread.

Husband:
Not sure yet, we don't usually get each other anything.

My daughter:
Not sure what to get her either! She makes more money than me and has it all so maybe some food stuff. Not sure?

Grandkids:
Girl, got her a princess doll set already.
Boy, he is hard to shop for at his age. Not sure on him yet.

2 daughters in laws:
Most likely homemade food stuff.

2 son in laws:
food also!

So, I would say close to being done. Most of it will be cooking junk food for them closer to Christmas. I don't go crazy overboard with things. It's not about the presents and time with family. 

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 07:55:23 PM »
After last year I don't think I'll get my folks anything. It's too much frustration dealing with my father, so blanked.
However, I'm in hardcore crochet mode for Blythswood. They want all the stuff by the end of this month (they do a shoebox appeal for places who are suffering; there's a lot going to Ukraininan refugees for example), so I need to gear up making scarves & hopefully hats to match them. Got 3 scarves done so far as I alternate between them & other projects, but other projects are now on hold!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 08:10:09 PM »
Eh. I've got daughter a Fleetwood Mac cd, a new salsa dicer, and I'll pick her up some jackets and a nice electric heating pad.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 06:48:44 PM »
I haven't thought of it. I hope I will be able to get my family members stuff, but I'm planning to move soon and I've not been great at saving up for it, so I think I have to stop spending for anything fun for myself or anyone else for a while.

:sad: I'm sad because I previously went through several years where I didn't have spending money and I'm sad that I'm heading back that way, but moving is just something that needs to happen.

If there is spending money, I already know of a charm or two I could get my mom that she would love.

|My Collection|

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2023, 11:27:21 AM »
I haven't even thought about Christmas presents at all. :blink: Looks like there's going to be a rush with this thing again.
And again, I don't have much money to buy presents.  :(

But now I have to think about what little things I could come up with for my loved ones. Maybe I could find something almost new and nice at the flea market. :think:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 11:30:23 AM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2023, 03:36:51 PM »
My adult family is very difficult to buy for, so honestly, I'm not really 100% sure what to get them. I am thinking that I could maybe make some art for my mother and sister and get some toys for my nephews—perhaps a Jellycat plush for my youngest nephew and something Spiderman-related for my older nephew.

My mother does like Pandora charms, so maybe I'll get one of those.

These are just ideas at this time, though. I may ask if there is anything in particular that they need and hope that they ask for something this time around, aha!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2023, 06:13:14 PM »
The first Christmas presents have been bought for my brother and his spouse. :) Bottles whose contents are made from birch sap, cranberry and nettle (non-alcoholic). They were on sale and cost only 2 euros in total, when normally their price is up to 3 euros/bottle!
In addition to these, I also thought about candles, chocolate and something else small. Something that is not useless stuff.. :wonder:
Spoiler
(Image borrowed from the internet)
:zzz:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2023, 07:45:42 PM »
Sorry for the early post by the way! And also, I know it can bring up mixed feelings. I went/stayed away for Christmas a few times in the past. I just checked back in this thread and realised that I haven't made anything yet! I've been gardening instead. Hopefully it will all come together next month, rather than leaving it until December.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023, 10:37:01 PM »
I know I will be getting my parents PubPasses! It’s like little booklet with a bunch of local breweries that you can go around and try. They give you a pint of beer for a penny at each location. We’ve been doing it for the past two years and it’s not even a surprise at this point lol, we have already talked about how we wonder what breweries will be on the next one! :lol:

I’m also considering getting both my parents tickets to devour which is a great local food festival here. The tickets are really pricey….but I don’t really know what else to get them so I’m thinking an experience like that may be better than a bunch of trinkets they don’t really need? We went once before and it was a great experience so I know it’s worth the price. I also got my dad a subscription to a beer delivery service last year when I failed to get him Devour tickets for last Christmas. He’s really been enjoying that so I’m tempted to renew it, but that’s kind of on the pricey side too. I guess we’ll see!

My sister is always fairly easy, she loves bath and spa stuff so I can al2ays get her a variety of bath bombs and face masks and she usually happy with that! She recently became a teacher too, I’ve thought of getting her stuff for her classroom, but she’s frankly got it pretty well stocked right now so I’m not sure if she needs anything else right now!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2023, 04:32:24 AM »
This is the DIY interchangeable holiday basket I got for my mom :)

I thought the pieces were still in sheets of wood so it was a nice surprise that they are popped out already. There's a main basket and then 24 different things to put inside it, holidays and seasonal stuff. I think I might use inks to color it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal