collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trying something a little different - customizing baby buggy  (Read 9 times)

Offline kaelynn

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • KaeLynn Design on Etsy
I thought about customizing this the moment I got it about a year ago but I wanted to give collectors a chance first. I’ve advertised it in many different places and never got any interest in it so I decided to go ahead and customize it.

I have seen a couple customs before but not been able to talk to the customizers so I’m going in blind. I thought I’d document the process in case anyone else wants to try it in the future.

I managed to carefully disassemble most of it but I’m stuck in this spot at the moment with the axle assembly. It looks like it should come off but moderate force hasn’t been successful and I’m terrified to break it so now I’m pondering.  I could technically paint it like this but it would be difficult to get all of the white in the little nooks and crannies and I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my work and I know even the tiniest white spot would bug me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is the connection spot here - the two tabs are holding it from sliding out. I’m wondering if I were to carefully heat it with a heat gun if that would make it flexible enough to get them out.

🤔

Then I’m wondering what I should use to paint. At the moment I’m thinking of using a spray primer meant for plastic and then using my airbrush over that and sealing with Mr Superclear.

Feel free to chime in with thoughts and suggestions! 😂

Forgot to mention that I’ll also be de-BBEing and customizing the baby Cuddles that comes with the baby buggy.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:35:34 PM by kaelynn »

Commissions are OPEN!
Find me on Instagram @ kaelynn_design
KaeLynn Design on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaeLynnDesign

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal