collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help save clipper!  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help save clipper!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 09:23:17 PM »
Heavy smokers lose their sense of smell and wouldn't likely be able to tell if an object smelled of smoke or not.  Blech.  Such a nasty habit.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Saphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 09:27:09 PM »
Ya but if they are a heavy smoker then they full well know there house is not a smoke free home so what's with the "idk"
Only excuse is if they lost thier sense of smell some other way, or that way but have ling since given up smoking

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 09:27:57 PM »
it says 'came from', not 'currently in'.  So technically, they're correct.  Not very honest but not wrong either.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »
I suppose honestly is be less annoyed if they just said nothing about smoke or not it's not a big deal I will handle it and still love him but it feels like they purposely  lied even if not a direct lie

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 08:48:21 AM »
It definately does sound worded in such a way that they were trying to hide the fact that he smelled, without "technically" lying about it. Leave negative feedback.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »
I certainly plan to

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 12:29:39 PM »
The smell will eventually go away.  I put mine in a a bag filled with kitty litter for a month.  Then I keep the pony away from other ponies for how long it takes to not notice a smell anymore.  I always write to ask about smokey ponies because, I am highly allergic.  It takes time, but it will go away.  As far as age related spotting, that is something I have noticed with this pony often.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 12:48:01 PM »
I'm unbothered by the spotting just mentioned it cause they mentioned that flaw and I expected it thought it was why the price wasn't terrible high (not that it was low) but the smoke they did not, I have him sat in the sun now later we are getting baking soda, I woke up so late the hour each side isn't gonna happen just one hour one side the sun is going down and it's nearing the end of the hour

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 12:44:45 AM »
I've had some smokey ponies and want to share what I've learned!
Put your little stinker in a sealed plastic box with a lid (like the kind you'd find at an office supply store) or zip lock bag with a lot of this cat litter. It has a kind of floral scent, so if your pony is left with any smell it will be that one. When I'm dealing with ponies with nice hair or curls, I put a regular small towel between the ponies and the litter, as it can get dusty. If I'm planning to wash the pony after it smells better and it has an easy to maintain hair style, I sometimes just bury the ponies in the litter or stick them right on top of it. Make sure to flip them from time to time! Some folks recommend changing out the litter occasionally. I'm not sure this it totally necessary, but it doesn't hurt. Make sure your pony is totally moisture free before you seal him in with the litter!
This kind works!
https://www.chewy.com/arm-hammer-litter-clump-seal-multi/dp/105867?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Arm%20%26%20Hammer%20Litter&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4bzSBRDOARIsAHJ1UO5S-2BERUECEZJjhmvGuOVR_Mr9gmVyBattItK-3pxHb2UGaCZuVlYaAjcWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

This one looks excellent too: https://www.chewy.com/arm-hammer-litter-multi-cat-strength/dp/51975?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Arm%20%26%20Hammer%20Litter&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4bzSBRDOARIsAHJ1UO5kSKZDCs344pRGG_foxAJ5s7rw72HOEhYi--4EBINLRClxZgnl0SEaAnipEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Be warned: it may take Clipper a very long time to stop smelling nasty. I mean months. Maybe six months, maybe longer.  But! Eventually the smell will be fully neutralized. Be patient. Take time to occasionally pull your pony from his scent absorbing cacoon, look at him lovingly, give him a sniff to see how he's doing. I've gotten many ponies from Craigslist, and nice ones, like Buttons the unicorn or Nightglider, who came to me with musty or cigarette smells, and they've come out fine. They no longer smell at all bad. Just don't expect it to be a short process! Once you've mastered this, you know you need fear no pony stink.

Check out http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/, I think there may be something on there about sun-fading out age spots.

Best of luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal