collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Worst Restoration Mistake?  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Restoration Mistake?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »
I've damaged a MM symbol, but not as hard as the kid who had this pony before me did. It had a huge hole inside before I got this girl. Eh, I'll just redraw it, not a big fan of those magic symbols. I also happen to have a second one who's symbol looks nice.

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 06:07:36 PM »
oof, last year i decided to check inside my night glider for schmutz, since even though shes pretty much perfect, she had a bit of a musty smell to her. i'd already left her in a plastic box with baking soda for a couple months, so this was my last resort

the glue on her neck seal was super strong, i tried everything to loosen it! hot water, blowdryer, etc.

so i'd been at it for like 45 minutes and decide to use a craft knife to try to break the seal; needless to say, i cut right through the plug  :yikes:

worst of all, she was totally clean inside, no mold or rust or anything!

i was really sore at myself about it for quite a while! i still have her neck plug in case i figure out a way to reattach it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 07:48:57 PM »
I too can join the MM Symbol Scrub Off club   >_<

The worst I've done is tried to sunfade my childhood Confetti, when I found out the hard way that she doesn't fade, but sunburn.

Gave up restoration after that, now I just try to collect ponies that don't need it, and if they do, I learn to live with it!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »
I'm yet another member of the "I destroyed a MM symbol club." Luckily my MM Windy doesn't look too bad, and I plan on restoring her symbol down the road.

My Party Time is a whole different story, though. I bought her in pretty bad shape, but when I was through with her, she became much, much worse. She originally had a chunk missing from her neck that was very visible, and after opening her, I found that her neck plug, while it was still in there, was completely detached. Naturally, I decided to glue it back on... With super glue. It dripped down onto her face and now she's got a patch of crusty glue on her head, and her neck doesn't look any better. She's for sure bait, and I plan on finding a replacement as soon as I have the money.

Offline Emberly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 10:27:23 AM »
 I received one of the minty-est Quarterbacks. Beautiful blue boy, really shockingly blue, soft hair, pretty boy with just some tail rust. I used Oxyclean, put him in hot water with the oxy clean to loosen the rust from inside the bottom of his hooves and let him soak for 10-15 mins.  Came back and he had lost all the color from his symbol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal