collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you ship a Summer Wing pony in a padded envelope or a box?  (Read 1434 times)

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Hi everypony  :)
I just purchased my first Summer Wing pony online  :hearts:
The seller I purchased from is shipping my new SW pony in a padded USPS envelope with a few other ponies. Would you be concerned about damage to her wings? I'm sure there's lots of experienced pony shippers and receivers on here  ;)  I'm hoping you guys can tell me what you think about this!
Thanks in advance  :biggrin:

Pretty please, move this if I've posted it in the wrong forum :blush:...thank you mods!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Would you ship a Summer Wing pony in a padded envelope or a box?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:01:14 AM »
I would be concerned, yes, unless her wings are already not in good shape. But I also don't have experience with shipping those.

Offline SundanceSadie

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
Thanks for the response Elisto!
The wings look to be in really great condition...I'm thinking hard about requesting a box but I'm sure that could have drawbacks as well  :shrug:

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:33:31 AM »
I don't own any Summer Wing ponies... but I would think you would want a box and a lot of bubble wrap or similar padding to keep it in place? I think in a padded envelope there is a high risk of it's wings being destroyed or damaged in some way.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 10:40:43 AM »
Definitely a box!  :(  Otherwise all the other packages and parcels and boxes on the truck, in the sorting system, being THROWN by workers,  will crush and destroy the bubble envelope with all these poky odd-pony-shaped bits all over it.... 

If the seller isn't already knowledgeable enough about MLP to know that Wingers are definitely one type of pony you cannot put in a bubble envelope, I would be worried about a whole host of things.  :( 

*crosses hooves it arrives in decent condition to you*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SundanceSadie

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »
Thanks for the advice Hannah66665 and lovesbabysquirmy!
I've been sitting here chewing my nails just thinking about the horrible condition she could arrive in   :freak:

The seller I bought from deals in vintage items but not a lot of MLP. I just sent her a convo and she responded back super fast that she'd be happy to box it!  :newpony:

I'm still a little stressed because they don't normally sell ponies...like you said lovesbabysquirmy...but I feel a bit better now. I'm a brand new collector and I know I'm going to make some mistakes. I'd still like to hear everyone's thoughts for future purchases. Is it ever ok to ship ponies in padded envelopes or only boxes? What are your experiences?
I'll post and update here when my Summer Wing arrives!
Thanks everypony  :grouphug:  your advice pushed me to contact the seller and I'm hoping for a happy ending.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 12:16:22 PM »
I would not only go for a box but wrap the wings in bubble wrap, then wrap the pony in bubble wrap as well.

Offline SundanceSadie

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 12:52:23 PM »
I would not only go for a box but wrap the wings in bubble wrap, then wrap the pony in bubble wrap as well.

Thanks for the advice! Can you ship my pony next time?! Lol. I know she'd arrive safe and sound  :good:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 01:03:28 PM »
I've shipped one with remade wings and I can tell you that I used a small box with a lot of padding (padding being stuffing the package with a lot of plastic bags XD)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 01:24:09 PM »
I would ship her in a box, well padded to save the wings. :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »
I always ship wingers in boxes with lots of padding around them (so they can't rattle) and between the wings to prevent them from getting shaken about. I've sent them all over the world over the years and that method gets them to their new home safely. Definitely not in a mailer and especially not with other ponies in that mailer.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »
Definitely ship her in a box.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 05:24:58 PM »
I'd definitely ship in a box.

That said, the wings of Summer / Windy Wings are very durable.  The ponies like Buzzer, whose wings go "straight up" aren't too likely to have damage.  With ponies like Moonjumper, whose wings spread outward, there is a risk of the base of the wings being creased.  And there's always a chance of the wings snapping off . . . I don't think it's a HIGH chance, unless the wings are already damaged, but all the same I would not risk it.  Is there still time to ask the seller to ship in a box?

Edit:  I just saw your response where you said the seller was willing to ship in a box.  Good, good! :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 06:08:30 PM »
I once bought a pony lot off kijiji with a flutter pony with both wings intact, I didn't know to ask for added padding for her wings. When she arrived she had lost one wing and the second was barely attached by a sliver. Even with the gentlest handling the second wing fell off too. There was also a G1 diamond ring that was intact in the picture and arrived broken .  >_<

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »
1000% a Box! (happy to hear yours are being sent in a box  ^.^)

I buy Wingers very regularly & always ask the sellers to put them in a box with some padded around them.
(certain sellers & arena members I don't have to as I know they already do this  :biggrin: )

I always ship wingers in boxes with lots of padding around them (so they can't rattle) and between the wings to prevent them from getting shaken about. I've sent them all over the world over the years and that method gets them to their new home safely. Definitely not in a mailer and especially not with other ponies in that mailer.

This is exactly how I like my wingers to be packed  :biggrin:

Usually all the sellers I have brought from are more than happy to put them in a box (I always state I don't mind reused)
There has only been 2 sellers so far where they didn't put them in a box when I ask (both last week)
One did actually contact me before posting, saying they didn't have a box but would it be okay to just put loads of bubble wrap around her then in a padded envelope, I told her thats fine as long as there is a bit between her wings too (stops them getting too squished together) this one arrived in good condition.
The other seller completely ignored my request for a box & shoved the winger inside a HUGE padded envelope (that has no padding left as basically all of the bubbles were popped (I know this didn't happen during postage as it only came from the UK too)) there was no wrapping around the winger at all so it was rattling around like mad in the envelope poor girl arrived looking like she had been dragged through a hedge backwards several times (managed to get the knots out eventually but its still frizzy until I get to wash it)  :( Luckily its wings didn't break & that is purely down to the frizzy hair protected them & the fact that it didn't have to travel over seas (god knows what would of happened to it if it had  :blink: )

Personally I don't like to send any ponies in padded envelopes unless it is an extreme last resort (which in our house has never been the case we have boxes everywhere  :lol: ) I prefer to receive them in boxes too & usually ask for this (sometimes on earth ones I forget to ask unless I have spent a lot on them). If a seller puts lots of bubble wrap (or at least some sort of padding) around it & then in a bubble envelope I am okay with that (If I have asked for a box though & they arrived unboxed & the seller doesn't say they don't have a box to send them in, then that annoys me)

I am always extra careful with unicorns I send too, I had one I brought once arrive with a nearly broken off unicorn! certainly was not like that in the picture.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:39:40 PM by Lollipop »
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal