collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me...  (Read 2256 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Show me...
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:49:33 AM »
Can I please see that one pony that currently is striking your fancy?!
I'd love to know why as well.  ^.^

Many of us have a pony that favor over the rest, you may have that particular pony, or your may not.
Many of us have likes that change with the wind.
Many of us have favorites in every set.
We go through phases where maybe we re-discover or get a new pony that takes the lime light.

What do you think? Do your favorite or favorites change often or are stuck on one two or a dozen ponies that are tops to you?

I am a favorite in each set kinda person. I know which pony I like best.
I do have on a whim likes as well. I think that's the nature of collecting.
But Punzie will always be tops for me. I don't have her, but maybe someday...

I currently fancy:
Euro Hair-do Starlight. That long hair, the pearlizing, the color combo, stars for symbols. I'm such a sucker for stars on ponies and random gimmicky add-ons...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:lovey:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Nebula Light

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show me...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 09:19:44 AM »
I currently fancy the apple family blind bag set, Apple Jack and her clan are quickly becoming my favorite. They are super ridiculously overpriced on ebay  :huh:

Along with the Shining Armor and Cadence funkos.

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 09:55:25 AM »
Just got these little ones, I think they're a delight (they remind me of rubber ducks for some reason... I think it's the color and pose and aquatic theme):

I love the blazes too (pity that and the freckles showed up so uncommonly on ponies):

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:33:03 AM »
Just got these little ones, I think they're a delight (they remind me of rubber ducks for some reason... I think it's the color and pose and aquatic theme):

I love the blazes too (pity that and the freckles showed up so uncommonly on ponies):

I love freckles and blazes!
Oft times I'll throw them on customs for some extra pizzaz!

Post Merge: April 15, 2015, 10:33:29 AM

I currently fancy the apple family blind bag set, Apple Jack and her clan are quickly becoming my favorite. They are super ridiculously overpriced on ebay  :huh:

Along with the Shining Armor and Cadence funkos.
I get such a kick out of that Granny Smith BB. She's so unique!

G4 customs 4 sale

DemureGirl

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 11:02:28 AM »
At the moment I am mad on so-softs. I got four recently by surprise and I just adore them! >3<

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 11:05:20 AM »
Gingerbread! I just won a super nice one off eBay to boot.  :) She's really pretty when she isn't covered in cancer.  :P

Offline pineapplecupcake

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • "She'll become a crazy cat lady!...Give her time"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 11:10:55 AM »
Right now I am obsessed with the cookery ponies. I never had them as a kid, but I had like a brochure or something that featured them. Anyway, I really like Nice n' Spicy - I don't know why. I've always liked purple so maybe that's it!

Also, currently liking Bright Eyes a lot. I had some of the G1 MLP comics as a kid and remember reading about her quite a lot. As someone who likes to write, I also like her symbol. And, I dig the weird bluish green/orange color combo.

Go figure, I like all the UK ponies but live in the US!!
:heart: Thank you to LyraHeartsrtings, Bekuno (adopts) & sunnyrain (avi) :heart:Pineapple Cupcake reference sheet!:heart:

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 11:16:26 AM »
I'm all about Moonstone right now.  I just received her this morning.  From the moment I first saw her I was in love.  She was the first pony I actively sought out, she was my grail pony.  And now I have her!! :cheer:

Offline thecakeissisley

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
I recently got a 25th anniversary repro Minty from a trade and I'm absolutely in love with her! I take her wherever I go lol :D (just like in the commercial!) Probably that's because she's my first G1-mold pony and she's so different from my G3 army :)

I'm also obsessed with Shady. It was love from the first sight. I love neon things and pink things, and that color combo is to die for hehe   ^^; I bought the NSS version from an arena member and can't wait to get her!  :frolic:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »
Gingerbread! I just won a super nice one off eBay to boot.  :) She's really pretty when she isn't covered in cancer.  :P
Congrats! She's a lovely pony. :o)

I want one of her all nasty covered in cancer so I can pearlize her. I did have success sunfading one of her, she didn't have cancer, but sharpie and hilighter marks allover...

Post Merge: April 15, 2015, 11:38:08 AM

I'm all about Moonstone right now.  I just received her this morning.  From the moment I first saw her I was in love.  She was the first pony I actively sought out, she was my grail pony.  And now I have her!! :cheer:

That eye color is absolutely stunning. There are few G1's that have it. Suits her.

Post Merge: April 15, 2015, 11:39:05 AM

At the moment I am mad on so-softs. I got four recently by surprise and I just adore them! >3<
The best part of SS's if you're not picky about rubs you can pick quite a few of them up really cheap! Which ones do you have?

Post Merge: April 15, 2015, 11:41:44 AM

Right now I am obsessed with the cookery ponies. I never had them as a kid, but I had like a brochure or something that featured them. Anyway, I really like Nice n' Spicy - I don't know why. I've always liked purple so maybe that's it!

Also, currently liking Bright Eyes a lot. I had some of the G1 MLP comics as a kid and remember reading about her quite a lot. As someone who likes to write, I also like her symbol. And, I dig the weird bluish green/orange color combo.

Go figure, I like all the UK ponies but live in the US!!
UK released ponies are so unique from what we had in the US. Throw in the fact that we watched MLP Tales here of course many of us like the related ponies. :o) Nice 'N Spicy looks great!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:41:44 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 10:23:53 AM »
Baby ribbs is getting a lot of my attention right now considering starting an army of ribbs!  :ninja:

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 10:37:52 AM »
I've been really into Fifi lately. I have yet to get her or Baby Fifi though. They're on my list of ponies to buy at the Fair!

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 11:05:47 AM »

UK released ponies are so unique from what we had in the US. Throw in the fact that we watched MLP Tales here of course many of us like the related ponies. :o) Nice 'N Spicy looks great!

That kinda goes the same way for us, too, though :) We had Powder, Medley, Firefly, Sparkler etc through ALL our early comics, but none of them were EVER sold here. We had Gusty and we had Gypsy and we had Majesty and Buttons (2 versions), but I always wanted Glory and Medley as a kid, and when I finally found them, I fulfilled a childhood dream. For that reason, here they are :D My Glory who turned up beat up as heck at a UK carboot for no apparent reason, but I love her and will not upgrade her because as a teenager, when I found her, I felt she came here to live with me:

and Medley, who I got from my first ever trade partner who I hold very dear in my memories, even though she's no longer around:

I tend to fix attachments to particular ponies for particular reasons. My other childhood obsession was Magic Star:

"The most magical pony in all ponyland" (Hasbro UK, Factfile)

About who I wrote tons of stories (along with her friends Cherries Jubilee - CJ - Pearl (Princess) and Paradise xD) which later went on to inspire me to write other, longer stories...from which I've never stopped.

I am a sentimental idiot :D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 02:20:56 PM »

That kinda goes the same way for us, too, though :) We had Powder, Medley, Firefly, Sparkler etc through ALL our early comics, but none of them were EVER sold here. We had Gusty and we had Gypsy and we had Majesty and Buttons (2 versions), but I always wanted Glory and Medley as a kid, and when I finally found them, I fulfilled a childhood dream. For that reason, here they are :D My Glory who turned up beat up as heck at a UK carboot for no apparent reason, but I love her and will not upgrade her because as a teenager, when I found her, I felt she came here to live with me:

and Medley, who I got from my first ever trade partner who I hold very dear in my memories, even though she's no longer around:

I tend to fix attachments to particular ponies for particular reasons. My other childhood obsession was Magic Star:

"The most magical pony in all ponyland" (Hasbro UK, Factfile)

About who I wrote tons of stories (along with her friends Cherries Jubilee - CJ - Pearl (Princess) and Paradise xD) which later went on to inspire me to write other, longer stories...from which I've never stopped.

I am a sentimental idiot :D
There's nothing wrong with sentimentality for ponies in your collection. Makes them more special.

Here we take advantage of having tons of extras of what we consider commons that weren't released on your side of the pond. Half the time we can't give them away, lol (Medley/Glory/Firefly/Moondancer).
I like cried a little when I got my Euro Magic Star, I was so excited to get her, knowing she was in a different pose made her even more desireable considering I had 3 of her as SS at the time.

I've been really into Fifi lately. I have yet to get her or Baby Fifi though. They're on my list of ponies to buy at the Fair!
It took me FOREVER to find SS Fifi. I hope you find her at the fair! She's got the most lovely body color. Now Baby Fifi has passed through my hands a few times...

Baby ribbs is getting a lot of my attention right now considering starting an army of ribbs!  :ninja:
He's kinda cute, uniquely green and dragons are a win! He also doesn't seem to be that expensive. Good luck!

G4 customs 4 sale

DemureGirl

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 02:48:06 PM »

The best part of SS's if you're not picky about rubs you can pick quite a few of them up really cheap! Which ones do you have?

My first so-soft was a beautiful mint Paradise who I bought for a really good price. I'd never seen a so-soft in real life and heard a lot that the flocking was really love-it-or-hate-it so I was excited to get her, and then really loved her! My next two came last year (Lofty and Best Wishes) who both came in separate pony bundles. They had some flocking loss and were filthy but cleaned up lovely

Then about two weeks ago I bought a bag of ponies with four so-softs - Magic Star, Posey, Wind Whistler and Shady. They were the filthiest yet and the poor Magic Star has some terrible flocking loss and what she does have is very discoloured. I don't really mind though, she is still really pretty >3<
The other three though are in pretty good condition :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal