collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Something I've noticed..  (Read 1233 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Something I've noticed..
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »
 in at least the Walmart stores that I can get to... is that the Pony Section is shrinking, really really fast... there's never anything new i mean the blind bags in the closest to me are still the transparent ones, but they do have some of the new items.  But its just a tiny little space and they're getting taken over by la la oopsy or that little girl doll thing.
So anyone think people are finally loosing interest in the pony line?
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
Re: Something I've noticed..
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
I'm hoping it's just "big Season" turnover... -_- I've seen huge readjustments to shelving layouts that look like a toy is going to be phased out and then BAM! Large shelf presence right before Black Friday. :lol:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

DerbyGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 08:09:14 PM »
It's actually grown a lot in our area. *shrug* used to.be tiny, and now is fully loaded at Walmarts around here.

Offline therestornadosinmysoup

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 08:45:33 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. They are shifting a lot of products around according to their new plan-o-grams, which means they are putting each brand name in the spot they are going to be at Christmas, even though there is not much stock on the shelves right now (at my local WM anyway). They will be ready to put all the new Christmas stock out sometime in October. You'd better get what you want then, because in December, there will be slim-pickin's.  :(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 09:05:30 AM »
Stores will often adjust what they carry subject to local demand yes but a large part of it is also simply time of year and what stock they have remaining as well as if other manufacturers have agreed/paid for larger space for a specific time frame. I would not worry about it being a lack of interest in the line; give it a few months and it will probably ratchet back up again.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 09:14:10 AM »
i'ven toiced that as well..  my stores nearby has a ton of this miniie mouse stuff  and  lala loopsy. and  all they mostly have is  the   blind bags blind bag sets. and a couple of the shining armour castles and a couple of hte rc cars. and  a couple plsuhies but its a very very tiny section..  it used to be bigger. lol  i'm hopeing thatits just the season.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:16 AM »
My local wal marts was small during the summer with nothing new at all. The moved things around for the holiday season and are starting to get more things in. I have to say come spring will when a lot of the new things will start to show up.  I cant wait to see all this new Rainbow pony stuff in person :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
I haven't bothered going there in a long time. If the temptation goes away, that's fine. I really hate the company and would rather spend my pony money elsewhere. But yeah, I've been noticing that at ours for a while.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 10:04:11 AM »
Yes, my Asda (owned by Walmart) has literally no ponies whatsoever. Occasionally they have a couple of FS ponies but that's it
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 10:21:10 AM »
Mine was pretty empty for a long time, but they're freshy stocked now! New blind bags, masquerade ponies, talking Pinkie, giant Twilight Sparkle, new plushes, walkie talkies, lots of stuff :D Give it some time and Wal-Mart should be stocking for autumn/winter :)
My Wish List

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »
I noticed supermarkets here had the same items for ages and did begin to shrink their pony shelves. I think largely, especially in the case of the UK, it's down to the lack of "new" ponies (the only new character we've had in months is Sunset Shimmer), and the disinterest in the tinsel ponies so they've been selling poorly. Recently my local supermarket expanded their pony shelf and even gave them a separate display for Fashion Styles, Walkin Talkin Pinkie, the princess twin packs, EQG dolls, etc. Seems to be very hit and miss with which stores you go into, though.

I've not actually seen any blind bags in months 0_o I hope we see Wave 8 soon or we're unlikely to get it at all as they'll just order Wave 9.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 11:43:59 AM »
Yeah, my Walmarts have always had the 4 foot wide section with other toy lines creeping in from both sides.

TRU on the other hand is expanding to where MLP takes up an entire aisle now on one side where it used to only have half. It's probably due to all the new plushies and vinyls they're carrying. A good third of it's empty and there's a bunch of tags I never bothered to check. I hope it's all good stuff, maybe the Costco minty set pretty please?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »
I stopped in the toy isle today at my local Wal Mart. The pony isle is filled but there is nothing new. Its all the same old stuff. I cant wait for all the Rainbow stuff to come out. Does anyone have any idea when that will?

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 02:02:35 PM »
Probably new stock will start hitting the shelves beginning of next month. If their test cities are getting their stuff up now, that is... :P
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »
Well, I noticed that they haven't been restocking very much in my Kmart and Kroger, but I don't really think it means anything. I did notice that they have the EG dolls at Kmart now, and they're in the doll section instead of the tiny pony section...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal