collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OOO Fun Insider stuff:)  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: OOO Fun Insider stuff:)
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »
Oh wow that is awesome to make friends with someone who worked fror Hasbro recently !!  :happy:   - and  thanks for sharing  info :hug:  I hope that he joins here too  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »
How cool to find someone on the other side of the pony fence, so to speak. ^.^  I'll give it a think and see if I can come up with some questions.

Thank you for sharing your new collecting buddy with us! :hug:  He'll be very popular indeed if he joins... :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »
Well, now we know where the frankenponies come from.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

ladybrooklyn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »
As much as I'd LOVE to know about all of the inner workings... I'm sure he signed some sort of "non disclosure" agreement. I want to know as much as he's willing, and able to tell us... without getting him in trouble, or Hasbro cracking down on ANY of the future stuff coming out!

I'd hate to see him tell us about Minty, only to have Hasbro pull the plug on the idea or something...

Congrats on the contact tho! That is definately one to be followed up on!! :happy:

EDIT: Maybe you could ask him, if he could "hint" to his friends still working there... that a Fashion Style sized Zecora and/or Nightmare Moon would be AWESOME!!! ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:24:49 PM by ladybrooklyn »

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »
well Hasbro knows of it, but no one knows if anything really gets done about it....But some employees pocket the toys to sell on the market! Some of the employees also mix and match and create their own creations to sell.

[moving to the corral - kaoskat]
i had a gut feeling about that. dodgy employee's stealing from the factory, there were far too many pinkie pie cherry berry's and trixey shy's  out there to be a test run

thanks for sharing this with us. my question would be if we are going to see the moveable leg ponies with the diamond shape eyes.  :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 10:39:25 PM »
So cool! A great opportunity!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 03:46:08 AM »
well Hasbro knows of it, but no one knows if anything really gets done about it....But some employees pocket the toys to sell on the market! Some of the employees also mix and match and create their own creations to sell.

[moving to the corral - kaoskat]
i had a gut feeling about that. dodgy employee's stealing from the factory, there were far too many pinkie pie cherry berry's and trixey shy's  out there to be a test run
This is what I've been saying all along about Taobao, but everyone thought I was crazy and told me I must be wrong, no one would ever risk their job for that!

For me, I'm mostly curious about what's with all the rereleases too.

minty-fan

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 03:55:34 AM »
ask him if hasbro is makeing Sugar Grape Playful Ponies any minty Playful Ponies :)

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 04:20:55 AM »
That is cool you know that guy.

Although, it is a little hard to picture a factory where everyone is constantly making their own "creations" at work and not actually doing their job. Or hard to believe someone is sitting there and putting ponies in a bag... 1 for me ... 1 for Hasbro... 2 for me , 1 for Hasbro and their supervisor walks by... "hey so-and-so how are you doing today?" "oh just taking bag full of ponies home with me to sell"  "oh I see, carry on."

I really don't know any factories that let you steal stuff or be creative, so they are either way too lax, or we don't know what is actually going on.

I always assumed that some of the ponies are sold off by the factories themselves because they don't actually conform to the product that is being sold. Things like the first few Lyras had their cutie mark on the opposite side, or Cupcake's design changed, or Ditzy Doo was redesigned.  I don't think people would make those on purpose to sell them at the market, just that they had to be disposed of in some way.

Anyways, I liked hearing about the part where Hasbro sends their ideas to the factory to be created. I would love to know which exact ponies/colour scheme tests were commissioned by Hasbro. That would be exciting!

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 05:44:39 AM »
Lol, i hope we don't bombard this guy with so many questions that he gets sick of us!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 05:51:30 AM »
I've worked in a factory doing industrial machining. In our lunch breaks we were more than welcome to take stuff from the scrap bins and use the machinery to make whatever we wanted. I used to make my own dog harnesses, collars and leads, not to mention floor runner, bags, covers etc. So it doesn't surprise me that we see a lot of frankenponies as maybe these ponies were due to be scrapped, but saved by entrepreneurial workers and rehaired/remarked as different ponies. 

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »
I've worked in a factory doing industrial machining. In our lunch breaks we were more than welcome to take stuff from the scrap bins and use the machinery to make whatever we wanted. I used to make my own dog harnesses, collars and leads, not to mention floor runner, bags, covers etc. So it doesn't surprise me that we see a lot of frankenponies as maybe these ponies were due to be scrapped, but saved by entrepreneurial workers and rehaired/remarked as different ponies.

Hey, that is pretty cool, Pinkamena. So maybe that people taking home junk/spares or using machines in spare time is a totally regular occurrence at the Hasbro factories, too, and is not discouraged. Interesting to know.

I've worked and at a bunch of places with machine shops and the like, but I am pretty sure we would get in trouble for taking home aircraft parts :P.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »
But you could make your own plane!!! :lmao:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »
I have a question, I don't know if this has been asked yet. I want to know more about the transparent ponies from the main sice (or 5 right now since we still haven't spotted Twilight)

I want to know if they really intend on having the glitter on the outside of the ponies or embedded into the plastic, or no glitter at all and if they are really going to be made and if there will be other ponies that are not from the main 6 made in this style... (topic on them for image references XD -Click Here-)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
I have sent questions to him....i hope he will become a member...but iknow answers will take a bit;) so far he is having a blast:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal